2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

On 7/28/2023 at 5:28 PM, Snake Diggity said:

That’s my point; Houston has not made very many trades like this.  In fact I can’t think of a time they traded away one of their 5-10 best prospects for a replacement level player on a free agent level salary.

If this is the only move they make like this it’s probably no big deal.  I just don’t want to see 2-3 more moves where they give up significant prospect capital for players with almost no actual surplus value because the shit adds up.

nm

39 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I knew the usual suspects would be bemoaning their prospect losses on this deal. This is the window. It may extend forever, like the Cardinals, or it may fade over the next few years. Still, no time like the present, motherfuckers, it is time to get to gettin'.

I become a septuagenarian in a month.  The clock is ticking.  We need to win now.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

watch Gilbert be an All Star for 10 years.  I don't like this trade at all. 

1 minute ago, UTHornFan014 said:

I think he will be a quality MLB player, but if we win another World Series in the next couple seasons then who cares. 

Either way, he will still be a douche.  I'm glad I don't have to grit my teeth and root for him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

re: extending tuck, this move sends the message that says (1) we will still have cash and (2) we are serious about winning every single year. 

would have to think that matters to tucker, but i guess he doesn’t know anything else. 

I think the only thing that will matter to Tucker is the amount of guaranteed money and I don’t blame him for that.

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

who was the last player we gave up in a trade that hurt that much? Hader, yeah, maybe Laureano and Teoscar? But our organization has done an exceptional job at protecting its best assets and flipping well-regarded prospects for ML players. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1.  We win the World Series 100% of the time when we trade for Verlander

2.  Yes, I also feel a twinge of regret every time I have to watch Franklin Perez, Daz Cameron, and Jake Rogers appear in the All Star game wearing that Tigers uniform.

Edited by runthebone
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

Lmao thats like HOF level shit. Gtfo

He is probably gonna be like Harrison Bader or some shit

I didn't want to originally trade him in this deal for JV but after hearing the full deal I am ok with it.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Lmao thats like HOF level shit. Gtfo

He is probably gonna be like Harrison Bader or some shit

I didn't want to originally trade him in this deal for JV but after hearing the full deal I am ok with it.

Saw a comparison today of Brett Gardner that was meant to be a compliment towards Gilbert.  How will we manage?!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, runthebone said:

1.  We win the World Series 100% of the time when we trade for Verlander

2.  Yes, I also feel a twinge of regret every time I have to watch Franklin Perez, Daz Cameron, and Jake Rogers are in the All Star game wearing that Tigers uniform.

Careful. There are multiple prospect goobers on this thread that are about to sprint over to your post and remind you that Jake Rogers is having an almost above replacement value season in his 28th year for the Detroit Tigers. Regret is all we know, sir.

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

Saw a comparison today of Brett Gardner that was meant to be a compliment towards Gilbert.  How will we manage?!  

That had to include douchebag factor as part of the comparison, right? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

I think the only thing that will matter to Tucker is the amount of guaranteed money and I don’t blame him for that.

he's locked up thru 2025 (i think).  if we get to the point where he's hearing offers from multiple teams, we've already fucked this up.

• Hook 'Em 1