2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

7 minutes ago, Pablo said:

has there been anything said why the NLDS got a day off between every game?

TV.

they don’t want 4 games every day and then no games on the travel day

next year it will be flipped and AL will have the same schedule

I wish they’d start it in the WC round though. But they won’t because NFL.

If they started one league’s WC games on Tues and then the other on Wed, it would play out with 4 LDS games on Sunday and they don’t want to compete with The Shield.

There are only 4 playoff games scheduled on Sunday, 3 guaranteed: the two ALDS games two days ago, ALCS Game 1, and ALCS Game 6, if necessary.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I don’t think jeter and Ortiz read the surly thread 

For all his shit, he managed his ass off in the playoffs last year.

I think it helps when your bullpen goes plaid but whatever, he pushed all the right buttons.  Let's do that again?

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

It’s a two game season now, just win tomorrow 

I’m cheering whichever 9 we send out there. We need playoff urquidy 

The Astros are our team, regardless of who's on the field. We all just want the highest probability of winning. We can quibble over lineups and moves, as we always have and always will. That's at the core of fandom. But the goal always is to shower in champagne. Someone has to win it, so that might as well be Houston...again. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

About to board a flight in Venice and will be back on central time in about 14 hrs.  Should be able to catch part of the game after clearing customs in Chicago while waiting on connection to Tulsa.  My main hope was that the boys would still be playing when I got back from my trip and here we are - one win away from the ALCS.  It’s a great time to be an Astros fan.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

Today is Tucker's day to shine....no way these dummies pitch to Yordong today 

Came here to say this. Yesterday I said if Bregman contributed we had a good chance to win. Today Tucker is the guy. They won’t give shit to Yordan and Abreu has at least made them think twice about pitching Tucker too fine and walking him also. Walking him after walking Yordan when Abreu has shown his power stroke is back is also asking for trouble. Tucker goes 2-4 with 3 rbi today. This ends tonight. Let’s go home and put the Astros in the third base dugout so they think they are on the road.

• Hook 'Em 1

*would have much rather faced Baltimore in the ALCS.

btw let's not overdo it with the "we want Houston" clap backs, little brother up north looks like a tough team to beat right now. Their fans can have their fun and it's not like this year's team is without enough warts to give me worries. I'd rather us play that card after a series win.

*assuming we win one of two games, baseball gods willing....

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Hope they win tonight, but has this year's team made anything easy?  

Frogstomping Arlington back in early September but yeah that's all I got because they immediately turned around and started puffing peters the next 5 series.

Edited by Pimphand