Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty

Cairn Horn88

11 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

The jury is going to be out less than 4 hours, debating on one or two charges, Trump will be convicted on 30sih of 34 counts.  But there aren't teeth to this one really.  However, consider this a warmup act for the rest of his criminal trials, which will go equally badly for him, and the rest of them have teeth.  

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

The jury is going to be out less than 4 hours, debating on one or two charges, Trump will be convicted on 30sih of 34 counts.  But there aren't teeth to this one really.  However, consider this a warmup act for the rest of his criminal trials, which will go equally badly for him, and the rest of them have teeth.  

Getting the words "convicted felon" before his name will be nice. 

"My opponent, convicted felon Donald Trump...."

Or in a series of ads. "Not only is he a convicted felon, but he was also found liable for rape." 

• Hook 'Em 9

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He is the führer.  That's it.  Full stop.  There is no party but Trump, Trump is the party.  And it serves no great end.  It serves only Trump, his narcissism, his criminality.  AND ALL OF THESE SPINELESS, WEAK, CUCKED, PATHETIC COCKWEASELS ARE ACCOMPLICES.  If there is any justice in history (and I doubt that there is), every "Republican" of this era will go down in history as a new Himmler, Heydrich, Bormann, etc.  Mar A Lago will be looked upon as we now look on Großen Wannsee 56-58 in Wannsee.

That would be justice in history.

Don't waste time hoping for that.

Looking back to 2015-16, no one knew just how weak the GOP was.  Oh, it's been devoid of serious thought and political will for years now, and it put up a good front but.....to allow one person to walk in and completely morph it into something totally at odds of what the party once was is just incredulous.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

15 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Looking back to 2015-16, no one knew just how weak the GOP was.  Oh, it's been devoid of serious thought and political will for years now, and it put up a good front but.....to allow one person to walk in and completely morph it into something totally at odds of what the party once was is just incredulous.

what now?

The only thing that changed was saying things out loud.  I may give you the open fondness for Russia, but otherwise Trump just took Reagan's shtick and ran with it.

• Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

That postmortem report, written after the 2012 election, was more or less the last chance to save the "Ole" version of the GQP. Once they turned their backs on its findings, there was no hope of saving it.

Colbert's coining of the term "truthiness" in relation to Baby Bush's administration was the first meaningful call-out about where they were heading that I remember seeing stick. Always, remember this famous quote by an unnamed Bush admin official:

The aide said that guys like me were 'in what we call the reality-based community,' which he defined as people who 'believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality.' [...] 'That's not the way the world really works anymore,' he continued. 'We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors...and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do'.

The next nail in the coffin was Sarah fuckin' Palin being put on the ticket in 2008.

In this context, a Trump-like authoritarian was the inevitable next logical step for the party.

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Always, remember this famous quote by an unnamed Bush admin official:

The aide said that guys like me were 'in what we call the reality-based community,' which he defined as people who 'believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality.' [...] 'That's not the way the world really works anymore,' he continued. 'We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors...and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do'.

The name was Karl Rove. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The name was Karl Rove. 

Was that ever confirmed? I mean, I don't doubt it. Just curious.

But to reiterate, the moment that quote appeared, it signaled that the GOP was abandoning any pretense of having strongly held principled convictions other than the pursuit of raw power.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

IMG_7401.gif

I know most of the books have been banned already.  But you’re likely well read enough to know that there are many instances of people administering mass extermination of political opponents.  We did if to the Brits, the Confederates, and American Nazis.  There are people all around you who could never take a human life and even if their own life was on the line.  I am one of them.  But some of us can easily liquidate a million MAGA lunatics and sleep a solid eight hours.  It has happened thousands of times throughout human history.  

i  can’t pull a trigger on another human. But there have always been for millennia men capable of exterminating enemies of the state en masse.    They walk amongst us in plain sight, most unaware of what they are capable of.  We have 25mm people that need to be evacuated.  The world will applaud us.  

They are not starting before the election so they are likely never happening. Scotus says WhatsUp?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

41 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I know most of the books have been banned already.  But you’re likely well read enough to know that there are many instances of people administering mass extermination of political opponents.  We did if to the Brits, the Confederates, and American Nazis.  There are people all around you who could never take a human life and even if their own life was on the line.  I am one of them.  But some of us can easily liquidate a million MAGA lunatics and sleep a solid eight hours.  It has happened thousands of times throughout human history.  

i  can’t pull a trigger on another human. But there have always been for millennia men capable of exterminating enemies of the state en masse.    They walk amongst us in plain sight, most unaware of what they are capable of.  We have 25mm people that need to be evacuated.  The world will applaud us.  

I don't think anyone here is going to applaud advocating for genocide of the stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I say we develop some dark money PAC to fund a project called Clean Up America or some such nonsense.  Then use that money to recruit from the MAGA masses those that will come and build these camps of segregation they are pushing in project 2025.  Ship them off to the boonies and form them into work groups.  Give them the responsibility to design these camps, reminding them of who will be housed there, which should ensure that austerity and poor workmanship are the common thread of all these camps, considering they are building them for less than human life forms.  

Keep telling them their paychecks will be there in two weeks.  That TFG is taking time to sign each one because he is so proud of all their work.  

Then lock the gate with all of them inside.  Tell them it's a test to see if the conditions are truly horrific enough.   Then begin intervention classes to counter the MAGA mindset.  Those that can get clean can go, others stay.  

And yes, it seems drastic and ridiculous, but this is the sort of thing they intend for people of color who are legal citizens.  Just flip the table on them.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don't think anyone here is going to applaud advocating for genocide of the stupid. 

You don't have to applaud it.  Just look the other way, go have an eskimo pie or something /roadtrip

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

I say we develop some dark money PAC to fund a project called Clean Up America or some such nonsense.  Then use that money to recruit from the MAGA masses those that will come and build these camps of segregation they are pushing in project 2025.  Ship them off to the boonies and form them into work groups.  Give them the responsibility to design these camps, reminding them of who will be housed there, which should ensure that austerity and poor workmanship are the common thread of all these camps, considering they are building them for less than human life forms.  

Keep telling them their paychecks will be there in two weeks.  That TFG is taking time to sign each one because he is so proud of all their work.  

Then lock the gate with all of them inside.  Tell them it's a test to see if the conditions are truly horrific enough.   Then begin intervention classes to counter the MAGA mindset.  Those that can get clean can go, others stay.  

And yes, it seems drastic and ridiculous, but this is the sort of thing they intend for people of color who are legal citizens.  Just flip the table on them.  

Listen, this is a great scene. And it rings true. The fact that there are posts like yours, or YGIFS, even if not entirely serious, is still tragic. 

• Hook 'Em 5

That is a great scene.  Didn't realize until a second watch that it has hints of his roles from both "Good Will Hunting" and "Chernobyl."  

But political hyperbole aside, whatever rants we go on this forum...we must accept there has been mass extermination of enemies of the state all throughout human history.  That will never, ever change aside from who will be doing the hangings.  And like all evil people, they don't come with a sword or a gun.  They come with a smile.  They come as your friend.  

Thing is back 40 years ago when I was a staunch Limbaugh listening and Conservative Chronicle subscriber, I used to think that taking inner city people out of their environs and setting up camps or communes for them to give them a chance to be productive was the answer.   And others felt the same way.   And we thought we were brilliant for having such ideas.  

But I looked at it from a perspective of helping them get a fresh start, gain some self-respect.   I think many others looked at it as a way to just get them out of sight and to gentrify those old neighborhoods.   They have been championing similar ideas for homeless all across the country.    Just expand the program and move out more undesirables.    It's one reason our US penal system is so big, and there aren't any serious attempts at decriminalizing MJ, because you put all those miscreants back on the street, and lose the income off their incarceration that lines the pockets of the private prison system.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

Remember before private prisons got so profitable and ubiquitous...one of the primary drivers of low level drug possession resulting in mandatory sentencing was because convicted felons can't vote.  

In some districts, voter turnout isn't low because of apathy or low information.  It's because they know they can't vote in the first place.  And so their siblings don't vote, and their children don't vote.  Etc.  It was a cruel, but elegant, play.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, BamaATL said:

This one is also fun because Trump has to sit there and listen to people call him names.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Thing is back 40 years ago when I was a staunch Limbaugh listening and Conservative Chronicle subscriber, I used to think that taking inner city people out of their environs and setting up camps or communes for them to give them a chance to be productive was the answer.   And others felt the same way.   And we thought we were brilliant for having such ideas.  

You were dumbass back then.  At least you woke up, but millions of others never did.

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

That is a great scene.  Didn't realize until a second watch that it has hints of his roles from both "Good Will Hunting" and "Chernobyl."  

But political hyperbole aside, whatever rants we go on this forum...we must accept there has been mass extermination of enemies of the state all throughout human history.  That will never, ever change aside from who will be doing the hangings.  And like all evil people, they don't come with a sword or a gun.  They come with a smile.  They come as your friend.  

While I appreciate your efforts to quote Goodfellas, accepting there as been mass extermination all throughout history and citing it as a reason to shrug our shoulders isn't exactly evolution. It's what folks are encouraging people to do over Ukraine, and other places. Guess we shouldn't have gotten all up in arms over the Holocaust, I mean it's what humans do.

When we stop trying to do better, then we should just stop as a species. 

• Hook 'Em 6

17 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

But I looked at it from a perspective of helping them get a fresh start, gain some self-respect.   I think many others looked at it as a way to just get them out of sight and to gentrify those old neighborhoods.   They have been championing similar ideas for homeless all across the country.    Just expand the program and move out more undesirables.    It's one reason our US penal system is so big, and there aren't any serious attempts at decriminalizing MJ, because you put all those miscreants back on the street, and lose the income off their incarceration that lines the pockets of the private prison system.

Been there. At first, Limbaugh's "owning the libs" act was, in my mind, done with a wink and a smile; it was clearly for entertainment purposes, if a bit mean-spirited. When I left Amarillo and Limbaugh went on Fox, it was then that I started thinking that maybe Limbaugh want actually joking, and I can't really tell you if that was him changing, or me.

In retrospect, the mean-spirited nature of the "entertainment" he provided is what turns me off. And now that we're looking at tens of millions of voters willing to destroy democracy just to "own the libs," it's even less funny, now.

And please... Reagan would've despised Trump with every bit of his being. While they might have agreed on rounding up anyone gay or dark-skinned and on cozying up to billionaires; the Russia thing, the end of democracy, the stupidity... were the antithesis of what Reagan was about.

5 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

You were dumbass back then.  At least you woke up, but millions of others never did.

hehehe we're "woke" hehehe

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:
2 hours ago, BamaATL said:

They are not starting before the election so they are likely never happening. Scotus says WhatsUp?

We shall see, I'm personally of the opinion that Scotus in the next week or so will reject the broad basis of the immunity claim and that the Chutkin case will proceed starting at the end of June/early July.  

However, it doesn't really matter to me, one way or the other this will see trial, either now or after the election, which Biden wins.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Point of order: do these hypothetical stupid people have attractive, intelligent girlfriends, and wives??

I’m just looking at all different angles here, people.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

While I appreciate your efforts to quote Goodfellas, accepting there as been mass extermination all throughout history and citing it as a reason to shrug our shoulders isn't exactly evolution. It's what folks are encouraging people to do over Ukraine, and other places. Guess we shouldn't have gotten all up in arms over the Holocaust, I mean it's what humans do.

When we stop trying to do better, then we should just stop as a species. 

again, fair points.  I'm not eloquent, but long-winded obviously, to explain the difference between ethnic/racial/religious genocide and political persecution.  They are, despite our better angels, two separate things.  America, as well as hundreds of nations and thousands of tribes/bands/groups have done both.  Always.  Now sometimes they get conflated of course, "Oh this different looking group over here doesn't believe what we believe should be our foreign policy or economic doctrine."  But that's a relatively new phenomenon of horror.  It was mostly just "they look different, came from another direction, and don't believe in our God of Biscuits, Jeff.  Let's get 'em!"  But millions have been exterminated not for their appearance of heritage, but because of they stood in opposition of the State.  I'm not condoning it, particularly because it most often was persecution for wanting a freer and more inclusive state, not a more brutal one---hence the severity of the punishment.  But this country from the 1740's to the 1940's has eviscerated millions of political opponents, rebels, and seditionists.  200 years of laying waste to those who stood in the way of our desire for a Democracy.  I didn't create that history.  But let's be honest, we're due.  One side or another, something is coming.  

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

convicted felons can't vote.  

Not true, although the laws vary by state.  Few states permanently disallow voting by convicted felons, though.

On another note, some of you people are fucking nuts.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 2

Mitt Romney says Biden should’ve pardoned Trump. I mean, WTAF?!?!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/rcna152420

Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, argued that President Joe Biden should have pardoned Donald Trump after the Justice Department brought indictments against the former president and pressured New York prosecutors not to pursue Trump's ongoing hush money trial.

In an exclusive interview on MSNBC’s “The 11th Hour with Stephanie Ruhle,” Romney expressed his dismay in response to Republican lawmakers, including the presumptive Republican presidential nominee’s vice presidential prospects, rallying to Trump’s defense outside of the Manhattan courthouse where Trump’s hush money trial is taking place.

“How does that make you feel about Republicans?” Ruhle asked Romney.

Romney, a vocal critic of Trump, said, “I think it’s a terrible fault, for our country to see people attacking our legal system — that’s an enormous mistake,” he said. “I think it’s also demeaning for people to quite, apparently, try and run for vice president by donning the red tie and standing outside the courthouse and it’s just — I felt awkward.”

The Utah Republican argued that Biden should have pardoned Trump when the Justice Department announced charges against him and that the president “made an enormous error” by not pressuring New York prosecutors to drop their case against Trump. (Presidents can only pardon in federal cases.)

"He should have fought like crazy to keep this prosecution from going forward,” Romney said, referring to Biden. “It was a win-win for Donald Trump.”

Pressed by Ruhle whether that is Biden’s job to pardon Trump, Romney said he believes that Biden should have taken a cue from former President Lyndon B. Johnson, saying that the president could have stepped in and urged New York prosecutors to drop the case.

“I’ve been around for a while, if LBJ had been president, and he didn’t want something like this to happen, he’d have been all over that prosecutor saying, ‘You better not bring that forward or I’m gonna drive you out of office,’” he said.

Ruhle then noted that Romney supports having separate but equal branches of government.

“I do. ... I mean, you may disagree with this, but had I been President Biden, when the Justice Department brought on indictments, I would have immediately pardoned him ... President Trump. Why? Well, because it makes me, President Biden, the big guy and the person I pardoned a little guy.”

House Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., and several of Trump's potential vice presidential picks issued public remarks in front of the Manhattan courthouse where Trump is required to attend court proceedings in the hush money trial against him, expressing their support and loyalty for him as the trial limits his time on the campaign trail. The potential VP picks, which include Ohio Sen. JD Vance and former Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy, have echoed, without evidence, Trump's accusations of the trial being a Democrat-led effort to interfere with his campaign.

Biden and Trump on Wednesday agreed to participate in general election debates in June and September, at least the first of which will not have a live audience. Asked whether debates matter today and if he thinks it would influence votes, Romney, who unsuccessfully ran for president against Barack Obama in 2012, said people have “low expectations” for Biden but “much higher expectations” about Trump.

“The image that comes to mind is those two old guys on the Muppets, you know, that sat in the back that — Statler and Waldorf — that comes to mind, but I actually think there’ll be a huge audience for these debates,” he said. “I think people have very low expectations as to what President Biden will do. I think they have much higher expectations about President Trump and his competitiveness.”

Romney added that he has had “good exchanges” with Biden and that Trump “seems energetic and forceful” during his rallies, but he’s unsure about what to expect when they go head-to-head in debates.

“You got a cheering crowd and you got teleprompters you could read, so how will they do in person?” Romney said, referring to presidential campaign rallies. “I don’t know the answer to that, but I think America will be watching.”

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 4

6 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Assuming he ever actually goes to trial on those.....

11 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Mitt Romney says Biden should’ve pardoned Trump. I mean, WTAF?!?!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/rcna152420

WTF? 

“I do. ... I mean, you may disagree with this, but had I been President Biden, when the Justice Department brought on indictments, I would have immediately pardoned him ... President Trump. Why? Well, because it makes me, President Biden, the big guy and the person I pardoned a little guy.”

I mean... WTF?? Is Romney familiar at all with Trump? "Biden pardoned me because I did nothing wrong and even he knows it! Now I'm going to kick his ass in the election and put him in jail!". (half the country agrees)

And Romney is about as good as it gets over on team (R). 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Not true, although the laws vary by state.  Few states permanently disallow voting by convicted felons, though.

On another note, some of you people are fucking nuts.

A convicted felon cannot vote in Florida until they serve their sentence. Hopefully dotard gets his four month sentence handed down after July 5. 

6 hours ago, BamaATL said:

However, consider this a warmup act for the rest of his criminal trials, which will go equally badly for him, and the rest of them have teeth.  

They don't have teeth, or even exist, if they don't happen before the election.  Which they will not.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

You are not wrong. 1 out of 12. 8%. That's all it takes. This is an easy, "Is paying her to not release her story really a felony?"
Hell, I wonder that.

How many times do people need to explain this to you? The question you ask is not none that is asked of the jury.

22 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

You know that they will be asked to answer specific questions leading to his guilt or acquittal, questions preceded by pages of detailed instructions on the applicable law.

Your quoted question won't be anywhere in there. Now, it is possible that, under notions of jury nullification, one of the jurors says fuck all that instruction shit and tries to answer your question instead.

2 hours ago, scottsins said:

How many times do people need to explain this to you? The question you ask is not none that is asked of the jury.

How many times did I mention it? 

But man, y'all are discounting people's stubbornness. This isn't about the 34 questions.

There is a great chance that one person, maybe even two, are just going to say "No" because they've made up their minds, regardless of the question. 

5 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

A convicted felon cannot vote in Florida until they serve their sentence. Hopefully dotard gets his four month sentence handed down after July 5. 

You know he’s not gonna vote anyways.  Even if he steps in a voter booth he would just get confused, annoyed, then walk out without voting.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Slacks said:

How many times did I mention it? 

But man, y'all are discounting people's stubbornness. This isn't about the 34 questions.

There is a great chance that one person, maybe even two, are just going to say "No" because they've made up their minds, regardless of the question. 

Everyone realizes that you're really stubborn. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, bolverk said:

Was that ever confirmed? I mean, I don't doubt it. Just curious.

But to reiterate, the moment that quote appeared, it signaled that the GOP was abandoning any pretense of having strongly held principled convictions other than the pursuit of raw power.

It was confirmed to my satisfaction. The comments were made to Ron Suskind and he reported them in his book The Price of Loyalty about former Alcoa CEO Paul O’Neill’s stint as Bush’s first Sec. of the Treasury. If I recall it was a few years later when someone who was present for the conversation, one or two people, came out and named Rove as the person who said it. Rove denied it, of course. Suskind wouldn’t confirm it but he didn’t deny it either. I don’t see why anyone would be motivated to attribute the quote to Rove if he didn’t say it. Karl appears often enough in the book that I’m sure Suskind interviewed him, probably multiple times. And it certainly sounds like the sort of thing ol’ “Turd Blossom” would say. I’m convinced he said it.

That’s a great book, btw. O’Neill’s stay was brief in the Bush/Cheney administration and Suskind’s book gave us one of the first peaks behind the curtain. It caused a stir when it disclosed:

”O’Neill had been made to understand by various colleagues in the White House that the President should not be expected to read reports. In his personal experience, the President didn’t even appear to have read the short memos he sent over.

”That made it especially troubling that Bush did not ask any questions. There are so many worth asking about each of these areas, O’Neill thought as he sat quietly, dozens of queries running through his head.

”’This meeting was like many of the meetings I would go to over the course of two years,’ he recalled. ‘The only way I can describe it is that, well, the President is like a blind man in a roomful of deaf people. There is no discernible connection.’”

O’Neill also shared that Iraq was on the itinerary at the very first cabinet meeting and quoted Dick Cheney as telling him, “Reagan proved deficits don’t matter.” 

IMG_2641.thumb.png.3ce140f0c598130aab6b31a4c9659697.png

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It was confirmed to my satisfaction. The comments were made to Ron Suskind and he reported them in his book The Price of Loyalty about former Alcoa CEO Paul O’Neill’s stint as Bush’s first Sec. of the Treasury. If I recall it was a few years later when someone who was present for the conversation, one or two people, came out and named Rove as the person who said it. Rove denied it, of course. Suskind wouldn’t confirm it but he didn’t deny it either. I don’t see why anyone would be motivated to attribute the quote to Rove if he didn’t say it. Karl appears often enough in the book that I’m sure Suskind interviewed him, probably multiple times. And it certainly sounds like the sort of thing ol’ “Turd Blossom” would say. I’m convinced he said it.

That’s a great book, btw. O’Neill’s stay was brief in the Bush/Cheney administration and Suskind’s book gave us one of the first peaks behind the curtain. It caused a stir when it disclosed:

”O’Neill had been made to understand by various colleagues in the White House that the President should not be expected to read reports. In his personal experience, the President didn’t even appear to have read the short memos he sent over.

”That made it especially troubling that Bush did not ask any questions. There are so many worth asking about each of these areas, O’Neill thought as he sat quietly, dozens of queries running through his head.

”’This meeting was like many of the meetings I would go to over the course of two years,’ he recalled. ‘The only way I can describe it is that, well, the President is like a blind man in a roomful of deaf people. There is no discernible connection.’”

O’Neill also shared that Iraq was on the itinerary at the very first cabinet meeting and quoted Dick Cheney as telling him, “Reagan proved deficits don’t matter.” 

IMG_2641.thumb.png.3ce140f0c598130aab6b31a4c9659697.png

I never read the book but distinctly recall reading the very long piece by the NYTimes and other reviews/essays about it, which included extensive quotes, including at least a couple of the ones you just provided. And, yes, the quote sounds exactly like something he'd say.

Living in Austin during the Bush presidency was a trip, especially his first term, because so many of his people still lived here and you'd see them out and about sometimes, For example, once I had to sit across the aisle from the Turd Blossom himself on a Southwest flight (I think to Dallas). You could just feel the twisted vibes coming off him while he had his nose buried intently in a bunch of papers, likely conniving some strategy to disenfranchise more Blacks in Cleveland or to discredit John Kerry. 

There was also a time when my ex-wife, my 4 or 5-year-old daughter, and I were grocery shopping. I think my wife was over in the produce section while the kid and I were in the deli section when we ran across Karen Hughes. She was squatting down, inspecting some cheese, and my daughter saw me stop and just stand there, scowling at the back of Karen's head. My daughter asked me what was wrong, and I told her that Karen was a very bad person.

After that, my daughter ran off to go find my ex, to whom she frantically said, "Mommy! There's an evil old woman over there trying to steal cheese!"

Edited by bolverk
graimmer
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

• immamac changed the title to Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty