45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah I want to read that motion. Wahhh, Wahhh, we can't get a bond, so please give us an exception to the rules so we don't have to. 

That said, that the big billionaire can't get a bond and is having to tell it publicly is beautiful. 

If he can't actually secure the bond, what's next?  Assets seizure?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

If he can't actually secure the bond, what's next?  Assets seizure?

Certainly a possibility. However, many or most plaintiffs are motivated to wait out an appeal before attempting to execute on a judgment if there is any possibility of reversal or alteration of the judgment. They have to weigh that against the possibility of the defendant wasting or hiding assets, for which there are other remedies. 

I suspect trump may ask the appeals court to stay the non-monetary portions of the judgment pending appeal because that is the most immediate threat. That would be a legally plausible thing to do. 

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, The Dog said:

more detail. 

So only asking for a stay of the monetary portion. Good luck with that. 

About the only reason for the appeals court to do that is that the judgment is so obviously infirm that it will clearly be reversed in whole or in part. Seems unlikely but may offer a preview. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

So only asking for a stay of the monetary portion. Good luck with that. 

About the only reason for the appeals court to do that is that the judgment is so obviously infirm that it will clearly be reversed in whole or in part. Seems unlikely but may offer a preview. 

Would they have to argue that he’s too poor to meet the financial penalty?

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

Yeah we all knew this post was coming because Teflon Don.

This is a principle of general application. Unless my client direly needed a portion of the judgment amount, say less than half, and the execution was going to be easy, I would advise holding their water until the appeal is concluded. But commence diligence on asset "tracing." 

The NY AG doesn't need the money. They'd mostly be doing it to fuck with Trump. And that is a recipe for being on the wrong end of a wrongful execution suit, if the judgment is reversed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The NY AG doesn't need the money. They'd mostly be doing it to fuck with Trump. 

How so?  Trying to collect on a court-ordered bond is "fucking with" the defendant?  What's the point of the bond?

I may not be understanding you.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, HornOnTheBayou said:

Now I'm confused. I thought there was an announcement last week that some bank was putting up the bond for him. Did that fall through?

This.  Thought that Chubb was covering it.  Chubb....not Chubbs.

chubbs.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Now I'm confused. I thought there was an announcement last week that some bank was putting up the bond for him. Did that fall through?

Different case different amount   $98m vs $560m or so

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, locodos said:

Different case different amount   $98m vs $560m or so

Ahh yes.  It's hard to keep all of Dotard's cases straight.

But in the end, none of it matters.  He is our future king, and you best get right with the lord (because that's who anoints kings).

25 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

GOP can post bonds, hell they will probably even just pay the fines. All in the name of keeping the messiah on track to ascendance.

It’s a small price to pay really.

the GOP doesn't have the money

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Ahh yes.  It's hard to keep all of Dotard's cases straight.

But in the end, none of it matters.  He is our future king, and you best get right with the lord (because that's who anoints kings).

wait wut?  I thought the naming rights for the ceremony would be sold off.   President Trump brought to you by Carl's Jr!

I bet they smear old frialator grease across his chest instead of Whale Oil

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

I read somewhere earlier (and can't find it now) that Trump was scaling back on rallies as a cost-cutting issue.  Apparently, the grift has gotten a bit lean.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, dcbc said:

I read somewhere earlier (and can't find it now) that Trump was scaling back on rallies as a cost-cutting issue.  Apparently, the grift has gotten a bit lean.

I posted that.  They are cutting back his rallies to basically just campaign out of Florida because he broke broke.  He's begging the 7 figure donors to up their checks to 8 figures now.  @atomheartbevo keeps mentioning too that the venues he books are smaller than his 2016/2020 venues and less attended.

Biden had a $53m fundraising month and has $155 million COH.  Oh and he raised 20% of his February total just after the State of the Union ($10m in the 24 hours after that), so March will likely be an even bigger amount.

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

The Russians do.

The Saudis do.

Elon Musk does.

Imagine that you were any of those shitheads, and you were told that for the low price of less than half a billion dollars (fucking POCKET CHANGE for those players), you could own -- and I'm talking free-and-clear, with title in your name -- a man who has a 50% chance of being president of the US.  You'd be stupid NOT to make that bet.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 3

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

The Russians do.

The Saudis do.

Elon Musk does.

Imagine that you were any of those shitheads, and you were told that for the low price of less than half a billion dollars (fucking POCKET CHANGE for those players), you could own -- and I'm talking free-and-clear, with title in your name -- a man who has a 50% chance of being president of the US.  You'd be stupid NOT to make that bet.

Congress critters are cheaper and more bang for the buck.  Trump is like having a hotel on Baltic Ave.  A shady senator is like having 3 houses on the orange properties that everyone seems to land on.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, dcbc said:

It's not that the grift has gotten lean, it's more that his legal bills have gotten fat(ter). 

2 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Congress critters are cheaper and more bang for the buck.  Trump is like having a hotel on Baltic Ave.  A shady senator is like having 3 houses on the orange properties that everyone seems to land on.

But when you've got "fuck you" money.....buy em all.  And seriously, the POTUS, Commander in chief of the US armed forces, is a fucking BARGAIN at $500 million.

When it comes to selling the ownership of the presidency,

jeBvZS.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But when you've got "fuck you" money.....buy em all.  And seriously, the POTUS, Commander in chief of the US armed forces, is a fucking BARGAIN at $500 million.

When it comes to selling the ownership of the presidency,

jeBvZS.gif

I guess we'll see.  I'm not one to argue that Elmo makes wise decisions with his money.  As for the Saudis, he already owes them $540M (which they may have under their couch cushions).  I just wonder when they decide to cut bait on Trump.  Russia might decide it's easier to fuck with the election on the cyberfront than to contribute to Trump's gofundme.  

I'm just a spectator.  And I will never play monopoly with the Saudi government, the Rooskies, or Elmo.

Edited by dcbc

If your plan is to steal the election or violently take the presidency, why spend money on  campaigning?  That’s less money for Trump and he doesn’t work like that. If the actual election results are inconsequential to him, he won’t put effort into them.  He is like Smaug in that way. He will burn and destroy everything to make his pile larger. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’m curious how much of this is trump is broke v he doesn’t want to put up his money / follow the rules ?

Neither, really.  He's supposed to worth somewhere between 2 and 3 billion, but he doesn't have anywhere near half a billion liquid to pay the judgment, and the folks who loan that kind of money for this kind of thing don't want his illiquid assets as collateral.

I think he'd have written the check the day after the judgment if it would've cleared.   This has to be excruciating for that narcissistic doucherocket.  Maybe he'll have an aneurysm over it??

The Russians do.
The Saudis do.
Elon Musk does.

They’re smart enough to know he’ll welch and fuck them too when it come time to pay up.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yes but they’ll have to grift. Which will divert funds from the election and the flow might eventually slow or dry up. Which is the best thing that could happen.

I 100% hope he raids the GQP coffers. Then loses to Biden by 6m votes again. Not that I love Biden at all, but this seems like the best way to maybe finally put a sock in this assholes mouth. But, hell, who am I kidding. Nothing will shut this fuckstain up until he croaks.
  • Hook 'Em 3

38 minutes ago, dcbc said:

There’s only so many tires on the mobile home you can hock for a price. 

• Haha 2

Lots and lots and lots of people entangled in the legal system don’t have the money to do the next thing, and have to deal with where they stop.  Most of the people.  That the penalties have risen to such a point for him is more about him, and he shouldn’t be given any treatment that a poor person that couldn’t come up with $5000 wouldn’t get.  He will already get more than that person, as some/many of his assets will be protected behind LLCs and shell corps plus any homestead rights he gets.  Whereas they’ll take every dime the poor guy has until that $5000 is paid. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

They’re smart enough to know he’ll welch and fuck them too when it come time to pay up.

exactly. 

In Trump's mind they gave him the money because they love him and he's so great. He'll feel no obligation to give anything in return - because he never does.

17 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

1) do they place any real value on a couple billion dollars?

2) would they need something explicit from him, or just know that his general direction would be beneficial to them more often than not?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Lots and lots and lots of people entangled in the legal system don’t have the money to do the next thing, and have to deal with where they stop.  Most of the people.  That the penalties have risen to such a point for him is more about him, and he shouldn’t be given any treatment that a poor person that couldn’t come up with $5000 wouldn’t get.  He will already get more than that person, as some/many of his assets will be protected behind LLCs and shell corps plus any homestead rights he gets.  Whereas they’ll take every dime the poor guy has until that $5000 is paid. 

This.  Shit, think of how Trump deals with vendors, CONSISTENTLY.  As in, "this is the rule of how he operates" - 1) get a vendor to provide some service/goods, costing a chunk of money, 2) knowing that the vendor will be cash-strapped if they don't get PAID, and soon, what he promised....he uses the vendor's need for cash to fuck over the vendor, and 3) pay cents on the dollar - the vendor gets paid just enough to (hopefully) avoid bankruptcy, and Trump successfully rips him off by using his leverage to break the terms of the deal.

Fuck him, it's his day in that barrel.  No lube for you, Dotard.

• Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He’s going to make his lawyer fake a seizure and request a stay for convalescence?

"Donald, your attorney is not well."

"Fuck him (or her)!"

image.thumb.png.17a690903884247fb6c3a0721af3b55e.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1