45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

His reasoning capability is stronger than ever.  If every defendant got “unlimited” jury strikes, across the tens of thousands of trials taking place all over the country at any one given time…wouldn’t that make even FoxNews?  That there were hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, of Americans just lined up around courthouses all over the country on any given weekday.  Even his minions would think, “I dunno, I drive by the courthouse everyday on my way to work and I ain’t see nothing like that.”  

• Haha 1

When will Trump's attorneys argue that the Sixth Amendment requires a jury of white, six-time-bankrupt failed businessmen/reality TV stars who inherited their wealth? Will they seek an emergency stay/mandamus in the federal courts? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

It could be worse, folks.  Let's just hope the jury is nowhere close to being "a jury of his peers".

Most of his peers are in prison on his behalf.  So . . .

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

This?

“They are catching undercover Liberal Activists lying to the Judge in order to get on the Trump Jury,” Jesse Watters

More projection. Wasn’t a GOP rep telling MAGAs to do that?

Seated jury down to 6 after juror says aspects of her identity were made public. Here's what happened in court

A juror sworn onto Donald Trump's jury panel Tuesday was dismissed Thursday morning after expressing concerns that part of her identity were made public by the media.

There are now six jurors empaneled. Juror No. 2 told Judge Juan Merchan:

"Aspects of my identity have already been out there in the public, yesterday alone I had friends colleagues and family push things to my phone questioning my identity as a juror," she said.

The juror’s concerns reflected the historic nature of the case and the intense pressure in a polarized political climate that will be on the panel of people who are called to do their civic duty to be fair and impartial.

Merchan then addressed the press in court, telling them "there's a reason this is an anonymous jury."

"We just lost what probably would've been a very good juror," Merchan said. The judge said the juror said she was "afraid" and felt intimated by the press.

Merchan said he agrees with the defense that it's important to obtain information about prospective jurors' employers. But he says he is going to have those answers to questions 3a and 3d redacted from the court record, and he is directing the press in the courtroom and in the overflow not to report those answers.

"It’s become a problem," Merchan says.

Questions 3a and 3d ask: Who is your current employer and who is your previous employer?

While having an empaneled juror excused is not common, the juror's concern about aspects of her identity being revealed is a byproduct of a high profile case with a lot of publicity.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-hush-money-trial-04-18-24/index.html

april-fools-joke.gif

• Rage+1 2

38 minutes ago, C-Man said:

It's just like a high-profile mob trial....except worse.  And the entire GQP pathetically wants a fucking mobster to be our president.  The entire party is a terrorist organization.  If it was based on foreign soil, we'd have destroyed its entire apparatus in drone strikes years ago.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, Bookman said:

When will Trump's attorneys argue that the Sixth Amendment requires a jury of white, six-time-bankrupt failed businessmen/reality TV stars who inherited their wealth? Will they seek an emergency stay/mandamus in the federal courts? 

never if you would shut up and stop giving them ideas

;)

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm sorry, but that should be a crime of some sort.  It may be.  Putting jurors' safety at risk seems incredibly dangerous.

NY Times, CBS, and MSNBC all reported the same information as Fox News. the jurors used that as an excuse to get out of jury duty. 

then the judge told them to all not report that stuff even though it's being stated in open court. 

bottom line is they are going to just have to sequester the jury once this starts.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

NY Times, CBS, and MSNBC all reported the same information as Fox News. the jurors used that as an excuse to get out of jury duty. 

then the judge told them to all not report that stuff even though it's being stated in open court. 

bottom line is they are going to just have to sequester the jury once this starts.

And then watch some of them get murdered if he's found guilty and gets jail time. 

• Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Witness tampering

Well, they're not witnesses, so I looked up the federal statute, and you may be right.  One aspect:

(2)cause or induce any person to—

(D)
be absent from an official proceeding to which such person has been summoned by legal process; or

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

And then watch some of them get murdered if he's found guilty and gets jail time. 

This.  I wouldn't serve on that jury.  No way, no how.  Hold me in contempt, I don't care.  Donald Trump and his minions are doing all they can to get me killed.

That's where we are, by the way.  One of our two parties and a criminal fucking gang are completely indistinguishable.  Shit, the party's even worse.  At least the mafia would try to buy a juror off before they subjected them to threat of death.  The GQP is too stupid (and greedy) to even try the first step.  They just go right to "juror intimidation."  Fucking.  Criminals.

11 hours ago, RPM said:

This was solid gold.

The government winds up... delivers the pitch... Trump swings... and misses!  That brings the count to two and three...

...million five hundred sixty eight thousand four hundred ninety three.

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

my point is that it's not just Fox News who was spreading the information and point the finger exclusively at them is disingenuous. not that you specifically were but there's a narrative out there that only Fox was doing this to mess with the jury when all they and other media outlets were doing was reporting things they thought they could report (Waters editorializing aside - he'd say that shit even if he knew nothing about them). 

Just now, The Dog said:

my point is that it's not just Fox News who was spreading the information and point the finger exclusively at them is disingenuous. not that you specifically were but there's a narrative out there that only Fox was doing this to mess with the jury when all they and other media outlets were doing was reporting things they thought they could report (Waters editorializing aside - he'd say that shit even if he knew nothing about them). 

Yeah, I'm not sitting here going "WTF Fox News," at least, not about this specific thing. I'm sitting here going "everyone who is letting these details out, including reading them in open court, should be fucking fired/jailed/fined" etc. Why the FUCK wouldn't you read these details out in a closed session with just the teams invovled?

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Seriously, what anchor at MSNBC read off a sitting juror's (and their spouse's) info like Jesse Waters did there? 

Haven't seen something like that but Phang was posting it to her twitter account as it was happening and NY Times was posting this info to their ticker on their website.

8 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Haven't seen something like that but Phang was posting it to her twitter account as it was happening and NY Times was posting this info to their ticker on their website.

Amazing. I get why Fox would do it, because they're shitheels who would do anything to help dear Dotard, but why anyone else would report specifics on jurors is just beyond me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I dont understand why the specifics of jurors should be released to anyone other than a group of people in the Judge's chambers. And then if it leaks from there, trace that shit and have folks sanctioned or disbarred. 

Sure, but counsel can ask questions that reference that information during selection. Jury selection, other than in death penalty cases generally is a proceeding conducted in open court with a court reporter. It’s part of a public trial, with Open Court provisions and such.

Fun fact: In most Texas criminal trials, the State, after receiving the juror information the morning of trial…rushes a copy down to their office so that their investigators can run detailed background checks on everyone.

I just now have found creative ways to casually relay that to jury panels during voire dire, just to give them negative feels about the prosecution.
  • Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, dcbc said:

Counterpoint:  I give you The Jury of the DamnedJohn Wilkes Booth, Lizzie Borden, John Dillinger, Blackbeard, Benedict Arnold, Richard Nixon ("but I'm not dead yet"), and the starting lineup of the 1976 Philadelphia Flyers.

79579bf8959c52f4bc6a7c5b27082a935c923096

Yarr--this chair's too high, sez I.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Amazing. I get why Fox would do it, because they're shitheels who would do anything to help dear Dotard, but why anyone else would report specifics on jurors is just beyond me. 

Uh, because they are cheap whores for ratings maybe?
  • Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, The Dog said:

There's some disingenuous bullshit being spouted right now by the media.

ALL Y'ALL ARE REPORTING THE WORK DETAILS OF THE JURORS NOT JUST FOX! 

They're proud of that because the information actually takes work to get. It's not important or even interesting to know these things, but boy howdy, those reporters got a scoop!

I get most of my TV news through links on this board. I subscribe to two papers online and receive three magazines. I never have to watch CNN or anybody else. I can only take so much of every news story being boiled down for what it could mean for the election. They're in election mode autopilot.

A huge story about the rise of fascism in America is all around them. No one has covered a story like that before and it's not discussed in journalism school. It won't fit the template of being balanced by collecting quotes from both sides because one side is clearly and dangerously wicked. So it's the same tired talk of the election horse race totally blind to the monster rising from the ground of the infield.

What a tragedy for real reporters. And us.

• Like 1