45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

27 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I'm not insulting him with anything he didn't insult me with first. Because that's @South Austin's entire argument: "you're not paying attention bla bla" He knows nothing of demographics and poll results because, if he did, we wouldn't be having this argument.

And I never said Trump winning is impossible. I've repeatedly said that it is. But anyone who thinks it's "likely" is living in La-la land.

Oh, Rimbo, that is so unfair.  And we were going to make you King of the Winter Carnival.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

How long before team trump starts this line of thought - all theses cases need to be in the courts by his house since he’s running for president and This allows for a much speedier trial.

it goes all the way to the Supreme Court and I’ll go out on a limb and say they’ll agree. Then by some miracle, cannon gets the assignment again. 

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

How long before team trump starts this line of thought - all theses cases need to be in the courts by his house since he’s running for president and This allows for a much speedier trial.

it goes all the way to the Supreme Court and I’ll go out on a limb and say they’ll agree. Then by some miracle, cannon gets the assignment again. 

Won't happen. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Animated GIF

this man is a master at working the court system

Hopefully it doesn’t happen but don’t put anything past him 

If this fucker would just die we might be able to take all the energy spent dealing with him that we might be able to solve at least one problem that would actually make life better. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I often acknowledge that she may be in some sort of bag for Trump. 

I frequently assert that she may just be a dumbass. 

I am not certain either way is my point. In contrast to those who are certain that she is in the bag. 

Both can be true. 

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Animated GIF

this man is a master at working the court system

Hopefully it doesn’t happen but don’t put anything past him 

No, he really isn't.

All of his prior "success," such as it is, is in civil cases.  When you think of a civil case, think of a self-paced course.  Meaning everything happens outside of school and the purview of the professor.

Criminal court is not self-paced.  Meaning everything happens in school and under the eye of the professor.

Trump don't play school.  And he's about to get an F, a U, and a paddlin.

22 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

Both can be true. 

And that is also true.  

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

How can she word her decisions so the other federal cases have to at least consider throwing out charges ?

Say what?  I must have missed something.  Can you elaborate?  How does anything she does place that sort of onus on the J6 case in D.C.?

16 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

13 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Won't happen. 

Yeah.  Deep breaths, folks.  If anything close to this happens, Futureman has to fist himself.

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If you were face-to-face with these people and asked them to name one of the women's soccer players, they couldn't do it.

“The purple haired dyke who hates America”

• Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

If this fucker would just die we might be able to take all the energy spent dealing with him that we might be able to solve at least one problem that would actually make life better. 

You know, I know these people are mentally ill or fucking rock stupid, but with all the "Deep state, adrenochrome, illuminati" bullshit we hear about a shadow government and power, you'd think if Trump was such a threat they'd have fucking had him killed years ago. But no, here he is persisting. You'd think that would be the obvious answer to these dipshits that there isn't a deep state, but here we still fucking are, watching this fat slob of a narcissist make a mockery of democracy and law. 

11 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Yeah.  Deep breaths, folks.  If anything close to this happens, Futureman has to fist himself.

Counterpoint: You don't want the consequences of this to be as ironclad as Futureman's still unfisted ass. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

We're all going to hear acquaintances or family members say how Trump is being persecuted for free speech. It's important to educate them on the truth. You won't convince them but there are usually others around that need to hear the truth.

It's not that Trump lied about the election it's that he attempted to get the DOJ to lie to the states about election irregularities, he convinced electors to illegally declare they were the official electors and that he pressured Pence to break the law. The good news is that he ultimately failed in 2 of these 3 BUT that being a horrible criminal doesn't make you less of a criminal.

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

“I get to say whatever I want but the people against me do not.”

If you have a relative or acquaintance do the "Trump is being prosecuted for free speech" thing, ask them if it's okay for them to go on social media and say they think Biden is a crook or stole the election.  When they say yes, ask them if it's okay if you go on social media and say that they are a pedophile.

When they freak out, ask them to explain the difference between the two.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

you'd think if Trump was such a threat they'd have fucking had him killed years ago. But no, here he is persisting. You'd think that would be the obvious answer to these dipshits that there isn't a deep state, but here we still fucking are, watching this fat slob of a narcissist make a mockery of democracy and law. 

Wait til he actually dies and they immediately go down the deep state! route again.  Gonna blow your mind.

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

Look, you can keep wish casting all you want about the outcome of the next election.  It doesn't change the simple fact that until the votes are in, neither of us can predict the outcome with any certainty.

When Hillary lost in 2016, Biden's campaign and the DNC (to a lesser extent) looked at what areas/states that Hillary lost in, and what areas/states that Trump was weak in, and Biden's people went after those states, with everything from advertising to a lot more in-person appearances.

Trump and the GQP have not been doing that at all. In fact, Trump has even insulted the people of some of those states, or made comments that would drive up voting from the left. Toss in the Supreme Court ruling about abortion, and various states' attempts at extremely strict abortion laws and at trying to take over local elections (such as Texas), and they are in fact showing a fear of losing in 2024, as well as they are motivating Dems/young people to get out and vote against the GQP.

TLDR: Their actions are not those of a party that thinks it can win.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

the top men of surly's legal team have assured us that Judge Cannon isn't a political hack tho! There's no way she would be acting as defense for trump and breadcrumbing his team to the magic words she needs to hear to dismiss

This is as factually correct as most Trump statements. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

TLDR: Their actions are not those of a party that thinks it can win.

No shit, our concern is that their actions may let them steal power from our democracy - not win it in a fair election. That's why the Republicans have been violating the shit out of the voting rights act and gerrymandering their districts to hell. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Counterpoint:  They are the actions of a party that will try to cheat their way to victory.

Counter counterpoint: they do not control the levers of electoral control where it matters and SCOTUS already kicked those mail voting cases to the curb in 2020 and allowing state legislatures to overrule results in 2023 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

No shit, our concern is that their actions may let them steal power from our democracy - not win it in a fair election. That's why the Republicans have been violating the shit out of the voting rights act and gerrymandering their districts to hell. 

Their best chance was in 2020 when Trump was still in power (which he was on Jan. 6th) and when they had more control over some of the battleground states/legislatures.

Republicans can't replace the electoral votes from those battleground states that swung left. They just can't.

What they will do is try to maintain control over states they already control (such as Abbott trying to take control of Harris County's elections).

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Their best chance was in 2020 when Trump was still in power (which he was on Jan. 6th) and when they had more control over some of the battleground states/legislatures.

Republicans can't replace the electoral votes from those battleground states that swung left. They just can't.

What they will do is try to maintain control over states they already control (such as Abbott trying to take control of Harris County's elections).

Yeah, winning Texas and Florida by bigger margins still doesn't win an election for Trump. 

They do not control how elections are run or how votes are counted in Nevada (Dem SOS, AG and lege), Arizona (Dem gov, AG and SOS), Michigan (Dem trifecta), Wisconsin (Dem governor and AG and 4-3 Dem majority on the SCOWI), Pennsylvania (Dem governor, AG, GOP SOS appointed by Dem gov and half the lege).  The only place they have power is Georgia, and even the Georgia GOP couldn't stop Warnock from winning yet again last year. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

you have a relative or acquaintance do the "Trump is being prosecuted for free speech" thing, ask them if it's okay for them to go on social media and say they think Biden is a crook or stole the election.  When they say yes, ask them if it's okay if you go on social media and say that they are a pedophile.

When they freak out, ask them to explain the difference between the two.

Difference is that Biden IS a crook and DID steal the election!

is the answer I’d get

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah, winning Texas and Florida by bigger margins still doesn't win an election for Trump. 

They do not control how elections are run or how votes are counted in Nevada (Dem SOS, AG and lege), Arizona (Dem gov, AG and SOS), Michigan (Dem trifecta), Wisconsin (Dem governor and AG and 4-3 Dem majority on the SCOWI), Pennsylvania (Dem governor, AG, GOP SOS appointed by Dem gov and half the lege).  The only place they have power is Georgia, and even the Georgia GOP couldn't stop Warnock from winning yet again last year. 

I'd also toss in that a bunch of people who tried to assist in stealing the election for Trump in 2020 are looking at felonies/prison time.  That's going to make plenty rethink things.  Plenty of people love Trump, but they clearly aren't willing to do jail-time or lose their jobs or businesses or end up with felony records for him, especially when he clearly gives no fucks about those people. Yeah, there's some nutter MAGA types who are still willing to do so, but plenty don't want to FAFO.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Difference is that Biden IS a crook and DID steal the election!

is the answer I’d get

Ask them why Trump never released the evidence he claimed to have. And why he left the White House so peacefully if it was stolen, because ultimately he did leave it peacefully when it came time.  Shit, tell them he's a fucking coward for letting Biden steal the election.

And ask them why they refused to go to Washington to keep Biden from taking over the White House. Ask them if they love their country, and if so why they didn't try and stop the election from being stolen.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 4

18 hours ago, speed817 said:

He'd probably molest it...

1000226362.jpg.0.thumb.jpg.e5269e4bd958d689f05978f14ba2fa8d.jpg

is that ball Putin gave him that was most likely filled with trackers and who knows what?

3 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

i think it's house arrest at maralago. no public appearances and we will (gladly) be limited to blurry golf course images and vertically recorded wedding crashes. 

and the gop has to disband and reform. well, a boy can dream

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'd also toss in that a bunch of people who tried to assist in stealing the election for Trump in 2020 are looking at felonies/prison time.  That's going to make plenty rethink things.  Plenty of people love Trump, but they clearly aren't willing to do jail-time or lose their jobs or businesses or end up with felony records for him, especially when he clearly gives no fucks about those people. Yeah, there's some nutter MAGA types who are still willing to do so, but plenty don't want to FAFO.

Why do people keep criming in Trump's name even though many of them ultimately get burned?

4aa0d6e3-ec03-42a4-afa6-31909563a929_tex

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I often acknowledge that she may be in some sort of bag for Trump. 

I frequently assert that she may just be a dumbass. 

I am not certain either way is my point. In contrast to those who are certain that she is in the bag. 

I think it's incredibly obvious that she's giving Trump special treatment, at the very least. Her blatantly overreaching to interrupt the investigation was absurd and I do not believe for one second it can be chalked up to mere incompetence.

Now that the trial has landed in her lap I'm pretty sure she's trying to fuck up enough to have the case reassigned. Whether she's completely in the bag or Trump or just kind of in the bag for him and also horribly incompetent, I doubt she thinks she can actually handle this trial. What matters most to her is still appearing loyal to the lunatics who she thinks will have a say in whether or not she eventually gets elevated to an appellate seat. The safest way to do that is to punt the case in a way that makes it look like you were deeply suspicious of the case against him.  

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Why do people keep criming in Trump's name even though many of them ultimately get burned?

4aa0d6e3-ec03-42a4-afa6-31909563a929_tex

It's always fun to point out that he fundraised for hundreds of millions off of the loss in November and January 6th, and yet he didn't help a single one of those "patriots" with their legal bills.

I'd make a battered spouse joke, but there's nothing funny about that, and he's taking advantage of a lot of mentally ill people (aka a cult).

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I just don’t see how that can be a deal to be made. I think he’s do it, but the result would be proof that this was all to prevent a poootocal opponent from running. The confidence in democracy would be even lower. Dude needs to go to prison. 

100% agreed.  DOJ needs to be completely divorced from politics.  Cutting a deal in which he drops out of the POTUS race would be horrible optics.

Beyond that, aligning multiple deals could never happen.  He could clear Federal prison but get sent up the river in Georgia.  The two entities have no good reason to collaborate on separate cases.

• Hook 'Em 4

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated