2023 Rangers/Astros thread of hate

ztejas

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You sure do, assuming you are also a Houston team nfl fan. 

Exactly so imagine the Texan fans talking shit to cowboy fans over a game or finally having a better record after a decade of losing. So it goes both ways. And classic Dallas. Can’t shit talk about the rangers so shift it to the cowboys. Lmao.

Lmao. All good man. I know it sucks to have to cheer for a ring less franchise. I guess this should make you understand how aggy feels. They’ve never won anything yet trash talk like they’re the superior team and school. Sound familiar Arlington? 

And what a perfect weak comeback from a pussy. “Like you had anything to do with the success”. All because we cheer and trash talk. If that is your stance why are you on the trash talk thread posting about your team? Since you had so much to do with the success of your team? What an embarrassment you’re right now for all rangers fans reading your “my pussy is bruised” remarks to trash talk in the trash talk thread. 

Lol you’re the pussy still talking about me a day later . I can tell sports teams give you all your self worth , that’s cool .

9 hours ago, ermahgerdhorn said:

Sadly that's the full on panic from anyone who works for, in or around the Astros.  They are flashing back to the astros historical attendance norm and realizing they are all fucked.  I have a buddy who is pretty high up in a contractor at minute maid and he said they are rolling out plans to slim down staffing if this year continues to go down the toilet.  

If this team continues to implode and goes .300 over the remaining games this season they full well know opening day next year is 5,000 people playing hooky from work.  The Astros are about to go back where they belong, the sewer of baseball.

Lolz.

On 7/27/2023 at 3:19 PM, Rockethorn1978 said:

Exactly so imagine the Texan fans talking shit to cowboy fans over a game or finally having a better record after a decade of losing. So it goes both ways. And classic Dallas. Can’t shit talk about the rangers so shift it to the cowboys. Lmao.

I admire your early 2000s teams (was actually living there at the time). I admire what you’ve been from the Rangers dominance of ‘09-‘13. We should have one title as well. I respect everything about Houston and the Astros, who are clearly the better franchise historically speaking. 

I’ll never understand this manufactured rivalry. The cities are the same (except H has far better restaurants) and I’m a highland park guy. Both have their share of dipshits. Like the OP for example. 

4 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

I admire your early 2000s teams (was actually living there at the time). I admire what you’ve been from the Rangers dominance of ‘09-‘13. We should have one title as well. I respect everything about Houston and the Astros, who are clearly the better franchise historically speaking. 

I’ll never understand this manufactured rivalry. The cities are the same (except H has far better restaurants) and I’m a highland park guy. Both have their share of dipshits. Like the OP for example. 

The point of this thread is to talk shit between fanbases and keep posters from raiding the other team's thread to do so. Apparently you think the point is to lodge Houston's cock up your ass, remind everyone yet again of your proud, douchenozzle HP heritage and insult Rangers fans that don't have a micropenis and as such can actually admit the correct amount of championships that the Astros have won. Or maybe you're so fucking stupid you can't count to two.

Since Houston is so great why don't you go cheer for them and fuck up their thread instead of being a constant dickhead towards everyone in ours. You might as well since you're probably over halfway to everyone in the Rangers thread having your obnoxious ass on ignore anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Similarly, I like the Rangers. I'm never going to get into this Selig-created "rivalry" like lots around here do, but I read this thread to laugh. Which works.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

The point of this thread is to talk shit between fanbases and keep posters from raiding the other team's thread to do so. Apparently you think the point is to lodge Houston's cock up your ass, remind everyone yet again of your proud, douchenozzle HP heritage and insult Rangers fans that don't have a micropenis and as such can actually admit the correct amount of championships that the Astros have won. Or maybe you're so fucking stupid you can't count to two.

Since Houston is so great why don't you go cheer for them and fuck up their thread instead of being a constant dickhead towards everyone in ours. You might as well since you're probably over halfway to everyone in the Rangers thread having your obnoxious ass on ignore anyway. 

You flip out over every at bat. Watching a game and monitoring the Rangers thread is akin to watching a Horns game and just waiting for Greenspoint to post premature shit.  On top of that, you’re an officials blamer in every sport. 

This thread was probably inevitable with the Stros dominance over the last 6 years and the Rangers quick rise thanks to my buddy CY. But you started the thread, and you’re a whiny SMU bitch to boot. Love ya. 

51 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Wait. Did someone just say they were a Highland Park guy?

Yeah. Stupid to post but I live in a great community oriented neighborhood with a unique great public school system, and I love Houston. Miss it a lot a lot of times. 

6 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

I live in Highland Park as well and actually think I know who you are.  To the rest of the board - he's actually a really great guy IRL

FYI I'm an Astros fan

14 hours ago, ztejas said:

World Series Baseball GIF by MLB

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, ermahgerdhorn said:

So I was in Houston this weekend for a wedding and the Astros game was on during lunch with some friends at a sportsbar.  I hadn't seen the Astros broadcast in ages but it really struck me how weird it is that in all their commercials for Astros stuff (merch, omg tickets for the game next week, etc.) they show the same shots of Alvarez's home run during the world series.  It's so aggy, they were barely alive in that series and Alvarez totally lucked out to "turn the game upside down" but yet they play the damn thing like it is the biggest moment in sports history.  tbh it was kind of sad seeing my Astros-fan friends getting all jacked up by it.  

9 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

That fanbase is basically what aggy would be if aggy ever won a trophy. 

Who wants to tell him?

On 8/12/2023 at 11:10 PM, David Dennison said:

Is that all?

Remember that time a few weeks ago the Astros were tied for first with the Texas Rangers for two hours and you were extremely excited about it as if it was the turning point, but it turned out to be the Astros high point of what is a very disappointing season, as the Astros mismanaged the trade deadline and continuously start a black hole in their lineup at a catcher, and anytime they go on a heater, the Texas Rangers (and Seattle Mariners) go on a heater of equal or better length and now the Seattle Mariners are trailing the Astros by as many games as the Astros are trailing the Rangers? 

Bless your heart.

• Fuck You 2

Now if you want to bash the HEB commercials I’m all for it. 

Also the game on Saturday was at night, and on Fox. 

If you were watching the Friday night replay on Saturday at lunch on ATTSW of course they’re gonna show Astros promotions. Kind of their job. 

1 minute ago, AnimalTobacco said:

Remember that time a few weeks ago the Astros were tied for first with the Texas Rangers for two hours and you were extremely excited about it as if it was the turning point, but it turned out to be the Astros high point of what is a very disappointing season, as the Astros mismanaged the trade deadline and continuously start a black hole in their lineup at a catcher, and anytime they go on a heater, the Texas Rangers (and Seattle Mariners) go on a heater of equal or better length and now the Seattle Mariners are trailing the Astros by as many games as the Astros are trailing the Rangers? 

Bless your heart.

I see there’s a reason you have a -19 

1 minute ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Now if you want to bash the HEB commercials I’m all for it. 

Also the game on Saturday was at night, and on Fox. 

If you were watching the Friday night replay on Saturday at lunch on ATTSW of course they’re gonna show Astros promotions. Kind of their job. 

I see there’s a reason you have a -19 

Blood vendettas 

• Fuck You 2

8 minutes ago, AnimalTobacco said:

Bless your heart.

A very disappointing season?

LOL

https://www.oddschecker.com/us/baseball/mlb/american-league/winner

Edited by David Dennison

17 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Are you saying you aren't disappointed in the play on the field for 100+ games and 5 months thus far? And being behind first place in your division wire to wire thus far? 

Bless your heart. I thought Astros fans expectations were a little higher than moral victories from gambling website projections, but...well...bless your poor little heart.

Edited by AnimalTobacco
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, AnimalTobacco said:

Are you saying you aren't disappointed in the play on the field for 100+ games and 5 months thus far? And being behind first place in your division wire to wire thus far? 

Bless your heart. I thought Astros fans expectations were a little higher than moral victories from gambling website projections, but...well...bless your poor little heart.

It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

All things considered, I'm shocked we're only 2.5 games back. I'd be concerned if I were an Arlington fan. You should have a bigger lead.

5 minutes ago, AnimalTobacco said:

It’s telling that you think this is a victory for your fan base. As an Astros fan, you’re dam right I’m disappointed about being only 17 games over 500 and in second place at this point. However, I’ve also seen this team come alive in October when it matters.

Does Arlington throw parades for being in first place in August?