2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

23 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Had to Google him and am now aware of the terrifically named city of Medicine Hat, Alberta.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/Medicine_Hat_Valley.png

All those oil shuttle flights down from Calgary would make it easy on his family.

I drove right by this place over the summer coming back from the Royal Tyrell Museum in Drumheller. This area of Alberta is one of the most fossiliferous places in the world.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

If you take 3 guys with skins on the wall you’re gonna lose a young guy you don’t want to lose.

Scipio Tex projected 2 WR portal additions for Texas.  Gotta believe at least one of those 2 WRs also needs to be a returner.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Atticus said:

Both of those guys are solid floor setting takes for the transfer cycle. Also sounds like Moore will be a good culture guy,

One of my coordinator bosses taught him at Smithson Valley and said he is just a great kid.  I sent her a text when he hit the portal. She admitted to me today that she immediatley reached out to him via social media to tell him "You would look great in maroon" 😄

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Damn already shaping up to be an impressive haul in the portal

Trey Moore, Edge

Andrew Mukuba, S

Korie Black, CB

Juice Wells or Matt Golden, WR

Maybe another DT or LB

Scruggs at 247 said he didn't expect Korie Black to end up at Texas recently. I know that goes against all the info we've been told but putting that out there.

Just now, Teryor said:

Scruggs at 247 said he didn't expect Korie Black to end up at Texas recently. I know that goes against all the info we've been told but putting that out there.

Bobby (IT) said the same thing on the youtube this morning.  He said he knows that its been long rumored - but that he didn't expect Korie to end up playing on the same team as his brother.

3 hours ago, cafe society said:

Elic Ayomanor  (should he enter or be "tampered with")
Golden

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Had to Google him and am now aware of the terrifically named city of Medicine Hat, Alberta.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/Medicine_Hat_Valley.png

All those oil shuttle flights down from Calgary would make it easy on his family.

Also looked the guy up on The Googles and the Canadian came to the USA and went to Deerfield for prep school and then Stanford.

That guy isn’t leaving Stanford until he knows that he can get a degree from there. 

Deerfield kids don’t get into Stanford and then transfer to a public university.

I believe that there will be better options that emerge at WR than what’s currently available. If Golden and Wells are the floor, we should be able to get better.

Sark knows what he needs to replace and be better. I don’t think the guys available at WR would make us better than X and AD and JWhitt.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Acropora said:

God I hope not.  Isn't he the malcontent who's talent isn't commensurate.  Would prefer Veiling or Staes.  Both have size and production at this level

Seems like Billingsley redux...roster has him at 210..only 1 catch on the year, played in only two games despite a Miami TE room that sucked hard

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, pacman said:

Seems like Billingsley redux...roster has him at 210..only 1 catch on the year, played in only two games despite a Miami TE room that sucked hard

True freshmen TE's don't generally get a lot of time.  Even a TE as talented as Sanders saw mostly STs as a true freshman.  If they are interested in Skinner its because they still like his potential and see him as a multi-year add.

15 minutes ago, pacman said:

Riley Williams will be a good player and will get drafted. But, I agree with you, and do think Jaleel Skinner has a lot of similarities to Billingsley.

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

True freshmen TE's don't generally get a lot of time.  Even a TE as talented as Sanders saw mostly STs as a true freshman.  If they are interested in Skinner its because they still like his potential and see him as a multi-year add.

Next year is Skinner's 3rd year in CFB. I don't think that juice is worth the squeeze.

• Hook 'Em 8

18 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

Man, what's the plan at DT next year? We rolling into the SEC with Broughton, Mitchell, Bledsoe, Bryant, and Ross? There's a huge lack of game experience there, outside of Broughton.

It feels like we need portal guys there, most of all. Ideally Walter Nolen.

Is Collins gone for sure? Seems he's the perfect candidate to blow up next year.

• Hook 'Em 6

45 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

Man, what's the plan at DT next year? We rolling into the SEC with Broughton, Mitchell, Bledsoe, Bryant, and Ross? There's a huge lack of game experience there, outside of Broughton.

Nope. Kris Ross is an edge player who isn't on the team. Hope that puts you at ease

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

Seems pretty obvious given that we've been reported to be in on multiple DT's that we're trying to bring one in. It's December 7th so no reason to stress about it. It's not like we've been beaten out for anyone at the position yet.

• Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

If Collins comes back I think Collins/Bledsore backed up by Broughton/Carter would be ok. We aren't going to be able to replicate Sweat/Murphy but I think each of those guys (well, the ones one the team) bring something

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.