2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

1 hour ago, UT Lax said:

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/texas/92016

Can someone please provide the projected 2024 DT depth chart and any likely portal transfers at the position?  I am worried about entering the SEC weak on the interior with Sweat, Murphy, Collins, and Carter leaving and no 4-star recruits in 2023 and 1 low 4-star in 2022 recruiting classes and no apparent targets in portal. We should be throwing all the NIL $ at Walter Nolan!

Listen you aggy fuck. We’re not taking that expensive dead weight off your hands. You better hope for Ole Miss to pull through and outbid you.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UT Lax said:

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/texas/92016

Can someone please provide the projected 2024 DT depth chart and any likely portal transfers at the position?  I am worried about entering the SEC weak on the interior with Sweat, Murphy, Collins, and Carter leaving and no 4-star recruits in 2023 and 1 low 4-star in 2022 recruiting classes and no apparent targets in portal. We should be throwing all the NIL $ at Walter Nolan!

Sure.  But first you have to tell us why aggys are all such lying bags of shit.  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It's Hayes' standard transfer edit - he did the same style with Golden's

What's it like to have such an an encyclopedic knowledge of a man who's skillset causes you literal, physical revulsion? I imagine it's something like Gordon Ramsey being forced only to eat in the restaurants and company of Guy Fieri. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

I love seeing these guys who passed on Texas that went to another school and it didn’t work out. They have to go to a small place because they aren’t good enough to crack the 2 deep at the school they thought they were better than. It truly warms my heart to see this. 

Fuck the Brocks. 

In the long run, it is better for us. If he wasn't good enough for Ohio State, he isn't good enough for Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

I love seeing these guys who passed on Texas that went to another school and it didn’t work out. They have to go to a small place because they aren’t good enough to crack the 2 deep at the school they thought they were better than. It truly warms my heart to see this. 

Fuck the Brocks. 

Also see:  Adeyele, Tunmise

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Overton didn’t do shit in College Station, I’m a little surprised he’s a take for Alabama 

Raw materials. Saban is certainly assuming he can fix him, just like he's fixed coaches. I'm not sure he's terribly wrong. The last 3 transfer classes have each helped Bama collectively in their production.

Transfers in to Bama, looking at it quickly:

2021:

To'oTo'o - He was fine at Tennessee and fine at Bama. Not sure there's anything wrong here, but not a great example of cleaning up a mess of a player after a transfer.

Jameson Williams - Who the hell knows if Bama  turned this guy into a witch, but he was witch for them. Probably a good example.

Jack Martin (P) - No clue but he also transferred out as a GT.

2022: 

Gibbs - He was excellent at GaTech and excellent at Bama. 

Burton - He looked more promising at Georgia than his development at Bama. He's been their leading receiver, and I don't give one shit if the mock drafters are sucking him off, but he's not a star and doesn't strike fear into the hearts of defenses.

Ricks - He fall off a cliff at Bama and was in conflict with Saban for much of his time there. Bust of a transfer with high hopes.

Tyler Harrell - At Miami now, I don't remember him doing much at Bama.

Tyler Steen - He was excellent at Vanderbilt (2 time All SEC) and Bama poached him as a GT. He was excellent at Bama and became a 3rd round pick.

2023: 

Dippre - I thought this was a bizarre take to shore up the TE spot and, while he's played plenty, he's just a dude on the field. Maybe he's an exceptional blocker, but I haven't heard much on that. Frankly, he had better numbers at Maryland than Bama.

Trezmen Marshall - He had a good year at Bama after being an oft-used backup at Georgia. He's a fine example for turning the career up for a transfer.

Jaylen Key - Elevated himself in eyeballs going from UAB to Bama but he performed better as a player at UAB. 

Trey Amos - Solid backup who played a lot this year for Bama. Not a similar transfer to Overton in that this guy wanted to move up a level and show that he could compete even though he was no longer assured of starting.

Tyler Buchner - Full on bust who was better at Notre Dame.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.