2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

12 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Arthur Smith apparently got his start in the NFL because his dad was an executive with FedEx and had a relationship with former Redskins owner Daniel Snyder.

little more than an exec with Fedex. His dad was founder. Fred Smith also owned 5% of the Redskins that Snyder sold to pay down the debt obligations Snyder had.

That is how baby boy Arthur got his start in Washington.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

The problem with taking him is that if you do have to tell him to fuck off during fall camp you don’t have any time to find a replacement, and I think we need 2 portal receivers if all of our current ones go pro as expected.   I’m good with Wingo/Cook/Golden as the top 3, but if somebody misses a month with a high ankle sprain we’re pretty thin on guys who have actually played college football.

How dare you forget about Deandre Moore

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Morons Pining for Aggie Trash
1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

It's a phenomenon that exists, yet I don't really understand why, but the guy/girl that acts smarter than anyone else in every room they're in can climb ladders for awhile if they're around the right people. I've seen it in business and it happens all of the time in sports, media, and celebrity. Arthur Smith is currently the HC of the Atlanta Falcons. I can't really understand how he's in that spot other than he's a smug verbal bully that talks like he has a clue. I feel like people must have been walking away from conversations with that guy for most of his life saying "well, I don't really agree with much of what that fat asshole said, but he sounded confident and he is Fred Smith's son, so maybe he knows his shit?" Herman is a master at the same game without the billionaire father.

I just assumed Arthur Smith had bought some type of ridiculously priced NFL Coaching Experience the same way Saudis buy yacht girls to take shits on.  

Anyway I guess that means Herman is actually talented at something. 

57 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

little more than an exec with Fedex. His dad was founder. Fred Smith also owned 5% of the Redskins that Snyder sold to pay down the debt obligations Snyder had.

That is how baby boy Arthur got his start in Washington.

Yeah I couldn't remember the exact scenario....just knew it was with that relationship through FedEx.

Arch silliness aside, wtf is Ohio St doing at QB this year? Seems like they just let McCord go and have been totally complacent getting a replacement. Can't think of any top portal QBs who have reportedly visited them. They just planning on rolling with Devin Brown?

8 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Arch silliness aside, wtf is Ohio St doing at QB this year? Seems like they just let McCord go and have been totally complacent getting a replacement. Can't think of any top portal QBs who have reportedly visited them. They just planning on rolling with Devin Brown?

Is trotting out a 5* who's been in the system with another composite 5* freshman behind him that insane. 

• Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

lots of rumors around them and Cam Ward IIRC

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

Brennan Marion hasn’t done his yearly quantum leap yet has he? Familiarity for Cain, good spot for him.

naw, lots of rumors on him going to UTEP but the Texan from Austin Peay ended up with the job (much better hire imho)

56 minutes ago, NoName said:

lots of rumors around them and Cam Ward IIRC

naw, lots of rumors on him going to UTEP but the Texan from Austin Peay ended up with the job (much better hire imho)

Saw in IG video of someone talking about Cam Ward meeting with tOSU and wanting $1-2M. Said they laughed at him.

Somec random person in instagram seems as reliable as the next guy, right?

21 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Saw in IG video of someone talking about Cam Ward meeting with tOSU and wanting $1-2M. Said they laughed at him.

Somec random person in instagram seems as reliable as the next guy, right?

In these trying times, sure

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

When a third string QB wins the national championship, and even Aggy's third string puts up the numbers he did, I stop thinking I can see three levels deep into someone's depth chart. Fucking Brock Purdy is in the mix for NFL MVP. They're ain't no rhyme nor reason.

It wasn't that long ago we had Case McCoy as our backup with Tyrone Swoopes as our #1, while dozens of other Texas QB's (Jalen Hurts et al) where killing it all over the nation. When people have PTSD around here, I get it. I really do. Thankfully we are in a different world now. 

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

It wasn't that long ago we had Case McCoy as our backup with Tyrone Swoopes as our #1, while dozens of other Texas QB's (Jalen Hurts et al) where killing it all over the nation. When people have PTSD around here, I get it. I really do. Thankfully we are in a different world now. 

For awhile there it looked like we were doing it on purpose. "Ok guys, I know we blow at QB. And the teams all around us have Johnny Manziel, Baker Mayfield, Jalen Hurts, Mahomes, etc. But don't you worry, help is on the way. Let me introduce you to Matthew Merrick and Kai Locksley." 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 5

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It's a phenomenon that exists, yet I don't really understand why, but the guy/girl that acts smarter than anyone else in every room they're in can climb ladders for awhile if they're around the right people. I've seen it in business and it happens all of the time in sports, media, and celebrity. Arthur Smith is currently the HC of the Atlanta Falcons. I can't really understand how he's in that spot other than he's a smug verbal bully that talks like he has a clue. I feel like people must have been walking away from conversations with that guy for most of his life saying "well, I don't really agree with much of what that fat asshole said, but he sounded confident and he is Fred Smith's son, so maybe he knows his shit?" Herman is a master at the same game without the billionaire father.

Nothing compares to the upward mobility of an above average white male

37 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

So true. And above average is key- you want to be a little bit smarter, taller, funnier and better looking, but not too much of any of them. 

Who’d want to be only a little smarter or taller than average? Fuck that. I’ll grant that the “better looking” part drags my average down pretty significantly, though. 

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

For awhile there it looked like we were doing it on purpose. "Ok guys, I know we blow at QB. And the teams all around us have Johnny Manziel, Baker Mayfield, Jalen Hurts, Mahomes, etc. But don't you worry, help is on the way. Let me introduce you to Matthew Merrick and Kai Locksley." 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

When a third string QB wins the national championship, and even Aggy's third string puts up the numbers he did, I stop thinking I can see three levels deep into someone's depth chart. Fucking Brock Purdy is in the mix for NFL MVP. They're ain't no rhyme nor reason.

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Angry Mf GIF by Team Coco

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, mantis toboggan said:

Starting to think Stoops would have been a nice hire for aggy. Glad they aggied it up. 

Stoops would have a good hire for A&M and probably elevated their shit program into something somewhat respectable. I'm glad aggy threw a fucking bitch fit and nuked that hire for elko 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Step Brothers Mf GIF by reactionseditor

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.