2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

16 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Seems like everyone projected Daniels to us…these last minute swings are..interfuriating 

Always seemed to be other schools saying Texas was the leader while things from the Texas side seemed a little more lukewarm.

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Not surprising given his familiarity with Hugh Freeze and Auburn being about 2 miles from his family home in Lilburn, GA.

Oh well, on to the next one (and hopefully Silas Bolden commits). 

Nahlin is still a bitch and I hope he's reading the Surly recruiting forum.

You know that dweeb reads this board and cries in his Squishmallow pillow at night 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

IMG_7807.thumb.jpeg.44f17ffe270f3b3eb8e7e3fd8c61f9c1.jpeg

Brooks, Mukuba, Barron, Holmes, Muhammad, Williams, Filsaime, and Black is 8 dudes I feel like will be able to play at a very high level next season.  And that doesn’t include Taaffe, McDonald, Guilbeau, and Jordan, all of whom played in almost every game this year.  2024 Secondary should be significantly improved over 2023.

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Bryson Rodgers?

I haven’t confirmed this, but the deal with Daniels seems similar to some others I’ve seen regarding NIL. Players will make some visits, some school will offer something really high, the player will keep visiting and find the school they want.

They go to talk NIL and the school is like “we can’t do that. if someone is really offering you that, you should go do that. “ 

Then, either the bluff is called and a deal is had, or the guy really had a silly offer and he heads off to take it. 

Not saying that’s what happened here, but if Texas was trending and then the numbers were too far apart, it would look like this. 

• Hook 'Em 9

14 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Not the end of the world if so.  Did we not get Adonai Mitchell in the Spring portal?

We knew that AD was coming at this point. He was here for the spring. It wasn't public yet, but as far as anyone helping closely on some of this stuff, it was known to be highly, highly likely. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I haven’t confirmed this, but the deal with Daniels seems similar to some others I’ve seen regarding NIL. Players will make some visits, some school will offer something really high, the player will keep visiting and find the school they want.

They go to talk NIL and the school is like “we can’t do that. if someone is really offering you that, you should go do that. “ 

Then, either the bluff is called and a deal is had, or the guy really had a silly offer and he heads off to take it. 

Not saying that’s what happened here, but if Texas was trending and then the numbers were too far apart, it would look like this. 

Along those same lines - and it's possible I'm reading too much into things - but I've been assuming that the speed with which these things go down is a big indicator of where prospects stand on our board.

To put that more simply, I assume Golden was Tier 1 ("this is a guy that we need"), whereas the rest of these names are Tier 2 or lower ("these are guys that would be nice to have if the fit and numbers make sense").

15 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

No, but some people are acting like the program is on the verge of collapse.

Not some people. One person, singular. One single poster who is clinically afflicted with Walking Gash syndrome with a side of sexual masochism. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

It's not a big assumption that Caldwell's main relationship here was with Davis. He was waffling back and forth on a decision for the last 3 days since his weekend visit when some people were expecting him to decide Monday. Can't imagine he ends up here now unless we just pay the most. 

• Fuck You 4

15 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

It's not a big assumption that Caldwell's main relationship here was with Davis. He was waffling back and forth on a decision for the last 3 days since his weekend visit when some people were expecting him to decide Monday. Can't imagine he ends up here now unless we just pay the most. 

Source?

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Source? I haven't read anything like this. I think the issue has been if they can get him admitted. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

This hasn’t been reported anywhere

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Source? I haven't read anything like this. I think the issue has been if they can get him admitted. 

11 minutes ago, LebongJames said:

This hasn’t been reported anywhere

That rube makes ignorant comments based on his own fears and wants, and does so in a manner that seems based on some fact set in which he's solely in possession. In a land of worthless morons spewing trash from their keyboards, he's near the top of the heap of the simple idiots. I know some people are opposed to the ignore option, but it's guys like that dildo who make it worthwhile. I realize that I sometimes click on a new page in a forum and almost every post is hidden because I'm liberal with the option, but I don't feel like I've missed much when I see these types quoted. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

So the kid quit FSU, left them out to dry for their bowl game, went and hung out/partied in Colorado over the winter break, and now FSU is taking him back?  That's kind of fucked up.

Don't forget the part where he apparently left it up to FSU's compliance people to let Colorado know that he was backing out.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.