2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

Caleb Downs is going to be a top 15 pick in 2 years. 
If he wants to come here you don't worry about who portals. 
TSRH ^^^
He's one of those 5* recruits that actually plays like it straight out of the box. With a full year of experience under his belt he's gonna be dangerous wherever he lands...and I hope it's UT.

18 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

I know few insiders,  but do happen to know one that's tied into the West Coast.  Word was that Wash liked/appreciated Muhammad this year,  but at 5'9" feel he may be limited at next level and not likely a future NFL CB,  thus they think his 'team" is trying to max his income in his last year (rather than finding best showcase)  Thinks the ask is upper 6 figures to land.  Their bet was on Oregon.  I don't see Texas matching that kind of price tag for a one year rental.  Guess is the visit is price shopping,  but we'll see.  

That seems like an awful big number for that guy. I’m highly skeptical 

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

Eric Nahlin: Wednesday night Texas notes on coaching search and high profile portal targets

DL coach? I don’t know so I’m not going to guess and I’m gonna project on to surly for their guessing, fools I tell ya. Sark has his man like A&M has their offseason trophy, trust in sark, all gas, only hot air here.

niblack or Stanford TE yeah I think we will get one but I’m too cold and it’s late so someone else will have to scoop that one for ya. I trust in sark. 

Muhammad’s cousin? We could get him, they are family, feather in our cap for sure. He likes Oregon but might like Texas too. It’s business ya know. But I trust sark. You should too.

9.95 please. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Against which race?

Hell yea race vs ethnicity talk in the recruiting forum let’s go. Your joke was a repeat on this thread and that’s worse than racism so boooooooo

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

image.gif.d1a7e06a5042f35c52655b9a69f57cb6.gif

Interesting point, so I went and looked it up.  There were 15 CBs listed at 5' 9" or shorter in the league this year.  4 of the 15 were drafted,  the other 11 were UDFA.  Can be done,  but it's tough.  There are approx. 160 CBs on NFL rosters.  

Edited by TheAuditor
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That seems like an awful big number for that guy. I’m highly skeptical 

Yep,  info was from someone who would have known initial "ask" being floated.  As many are finding out,  the market may have other ideas.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, warhorn8 said:

Crazy that we actually ended up with the best Brockermeyer.

We did.  His name was Blake, and he maybe a FAFO candidate now, he was a bad ass on the 40 and for that I will always have respect.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, PNWhornsfan said:

Very impressive that they won the 2023-24 NCAA Bread Collecting National Championship, to go along with last year's Championships in Meat Judging and Wool Judging.

Hopefully Elko doesn't eat the trophy before they can add it to the Hall of Champions...

Was even one of their lower level takes a completely dominant stud at that level like double digit sacks Trey Moore?

23 minutes ago, NOOBSDUDE said:

Saw a joke earlier about applewhite and cholas but no outrage. Some people just pick and choose what to get offended about.

As a ginger fuck who prefers busty latinas myself, I am offended by this as well. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, salonghorn said:

Will they now reward the Elk with a 10 year contract?

From what I am hearing the negotiations are starting at 200M. Aggy thinking that is a steal. Might offer 10yr-244M guaranteed. They are waiting to pull the trigger until they get confirmation from on3 that they are in fact number one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Frank Drebin said:

I’ll take Yurosek over Niblack.  103 receptions in 30 games is pretty strong.  Good YPC.  Good blocker.  

Bama fans don’t think much of Niblack.  

I prefer Yurosek as well - but I'd be ecstatic with either.

Also - Bama fans are idiots.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

We didn't even make a tpop 2 for Downs. I think thats a very very long shot.

We didn't get visits from AD or Bond when they were in high school either that I could find. Those recruitments turned out fine I think. Obviously a huge hurdle but not a deal killer. 

3 hours ago, PNWhornsfan said:

Very impressive that they won the 2023-24 NCAA Bread Collecting National Championship, to go along with last year's Championships in Meat Judging and Wool Judging.

Hopefully Elko doesn't eat the trophy before they can add it to the Hall of Champions...

spacer.png

Have some respect.  There isnt a single person on this board who slays as much pussy as our man in the middle of this pic

• Haha 3

Saw a discussion on SEC>SEC undergrad transfers only being allowed to play immediately if the player enters portal in the Winter window. 

• So if they enter in the spring portal and transfer SEC>SEC, they have to sit out a year???
  • Will this rule apply to Texas players transferring this Spring to SEC team or are Texas players still considered B12 players until July 1, 2024?

Edited by LTtxfan

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.