2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

11 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Got dam Texas ain’t fuckin around.

We're all in.

The other three playoff teams from this year are losing a bunch of starters and getting new coaches. Oregon, FSU, and LSU are all losing prolific QBs. tOSU will have a new QB as well and their roster is starting to show some cracks. Only Georgia is in as good a position for 2024 as we are.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

An old coworker here in GA is a pretty serious Bama insider. He claims the Tide dropped out of the Bond race when the number hit $750K. 

Even that number is absurd for a one year rental for a good, not elite, WR. I’m sure Bama dropped out at a number that was drastically lower than that, and now they’re inflating the number to save face for being a poor. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I have no idea what the payroll for our roster is but the only number I’ve ever heard thrown out is 15-17 million/yr…. By Nahlin so tifwiw. Allotting 33% of our entire payroll to one player seems like bad business, unless it’s Vince Young. 

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lol, it was not 3 million dollars. It isn't 3 million dollars if you include the lamborghini as a fucking gift instead of him getting a goddamn lease. 

these fucking guys.

I don't know, maybe Texas really does have a $100M payroll. Sounds like everyone else should just give up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Getafix said:

SIAP.  Now the Bama '24s are entering the portal.

I had a question about this that one of you recruiting honks didn't answer or at least I didn't see it. I thought the NLI bound a player for one year, regardless of the portal, etc.

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I had a question about this that one of you recruiting honks didn't answer or at least I didn't see it. I thought the NLI bound a player for one year, regardless of the portal, etc.

I think he was signed and then Saban left. 

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I don't know, maybe Texas really does have a $100M payroll. Sounds like everyone else should just give up.

Listen, I realize you're joking here, but this is the gnashing of teeth that we'll be hearing from everyone, eventually even pundits. "Texas is buying everything so what's the point?" We will be painted as ruining the sport, again. 

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Head coach left, kids can leave. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So I guess they wouldn't release him from his NLI?

Which would be awful but they'll cave eventually.  We let out both our 2023 basketball commits bc of a coaching change.  Plus the DL who wanted out after Bo left. 

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Listen, I realize you're joking here, but this is the gnashing of teeth that we'll be hearing from everyone, eventually even pundits. "Texas is buying everything so what's the point?" We will be painted as ruining the sport, again. 

Head coach left, kids can leave. 

School still has to officially release them

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

WR and DB is getting a complete makeover. They must really have some concerns about some that are on campus already. 

I don’t think it’s necessarily concerns as much as the talent on campus is young and untested (I guess that’s just a pedantic argument over the word ‘concerns’) . Also WR/DB are the most loaded positions in the portal. Why not go out and get the best if you have the ability. 

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Even that number is absurd for a one year rental for a good, not elite, WR. I’m sure Bama dropped out at a number that was drastically lower than that, and now they’re inflating the number to save face for being a poor. 

I suspect as much myself. But I'll give Bama some credit for not saying it was an even higher figure. They knew the ags would further inflate it no matter what. 

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

WR and DB is getting a complete makeover. They must really have some concerns about some that are on campus already. 

Or you have an opportunity to shore up positions on the roster that would have been question marks heading into the season

The talent on campus at these positions is young, unproven, or both. 

Jabbar Muhammad would put us in position to cross train Brooks at the other db positions if needed. Having all that proven performance in the secondary and at WR makes it easier to evaluate the young guys there too.

Iron sharpens iron. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

We’ve taken 2 transfers at DB, and we fucking sucked last year. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Well we didn't win the national championship last year so that should be the goal. 

We also lost 1 regular season game, which is unacceptable.

13-0 SEC champs, #1 overall seed

• Hook 'Em 4

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.