2024 Transfer Thread - Watching victory88 & Friends Ignorantly Bawl All Over Themselves

The very latest on Damonic Williams

TCU defensive line transfer Damonic Williams wraps up his visit to Texas this morning. OnTexasFootball was informed by someone close to the recruitment that the visit went as well as could be expected. The Texas program, culture, need at the position, Kenny Baker's presentation, and Steve Sarkisian's program in general all checked the boxes. 

Williams is expected to continue the visit process with a decision likely mid-to-late next week. 

OnTexasFootball expects Williams to make visits to LSU and probably Missouri prior to making a decision. Oklahoma also remains in the picture. 

^ Gerry

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Point Damonic to the draft this weekend and get his room ready 

At LSU? I mean some may look at it like that being the guy who coached the last two years and got 4 guys drafted is now in Baton Rouge. I'm pretty sure that is what Bo Davis is going to point at.

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You would think. Are they too dumb to realize that? Or too full of their own feels to think that they’ll do it anyway and say “screw league rules, this is like a gentlemen’s agreement”. 

It really would be amazing if they are that dumb.

it's always sunny rules GIF

15 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I said that before various other guys transferred. 1-2 more is my view. Mitchell is one. 

This morning Bobby Burton said possibly 1-2 more Texas players might enter the portal.

26 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

He’s going there to ride the bench for a year?

Considering this motherfucker's history to this point, I'd argue that committing somewhere to sit a year and learn the system is the smartest thing he could have done, particularly at a power like Georgia. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

they’ll do it anyway and say “screw league rules, this is like a gentlemen’s agreement”. 

Aggies and Auburn document their gentleman’s agreement with a media release.

IMG_6016.gif

Edited by Daichee Bell
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Aggy will hav the auburn wr enroll at blinn for a summer session, then transfer to aggy major.  Cuz they’s smrt. 

Isn't Johnson a grad transfer?

If he is, Blinn is still a Junior College, so there are no graduate classes offered at a junior college for a graduate student to take. Lulz.

It does make you wonder whether Sankey's office considered if undergrad transfers in any sport can "launder" their intra-SEC transfer through any college (Blinn, Kilgore, College of the Redwoods, Alvin Community College, Austin Community College, Houston "Country Club", etc., Lulz) in order to avoid the 1-year sit-out provision.

Dad went to Blinn before Texas, so this theory will give him a laugh.

5 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

If you're using Chrome as your browser, you can right click any image click on "search image with google." That will tell you what the picture is. 

If you're using Internet Explorer, go to your search bar and look for "how to download Google Chrome" and follow the instructions. 

I use a few different browsers. I did not know that this was possible on any of them. 

Gracias, che!

3 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

Isn't Johnson a grad transfer?

If he is, Blinn is still a Junior College, so there are no graduate classes offered at a junior college for a graduate student to take. Lulz.

It does make you wonder whether Sankey's office considered if undergrad transfers in any sport can "launder" their intra-SEC transfer through any college (Blinn, Kilgore, College of the Redwoods, Alvin Community College, Austin Community College, Houston "Country Club", etc., Lulz) in order to avoid the 1-year sit-out provision.

Dad went to Blinn before Texas, so this theory will give him a laugh.

I thought they were prohibited from playing the following season within the SEC. Surely there’s not such an obvious loophole that you could transfer out of conference for the semester then back into it before the season starts? 

5 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

I thought they were prohibited from playing the following season within the SEC. Surely there’s not such an obvious loophole that you could transfer out of conference for the semester then back into it before the season starts? 

a68b00db-837b-4a38-a501-d0fd6eb183eb_text.gif.475a9757fbbe34dc3d707c6b7d313845.gif

Lulz.

16 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I use a few different browsers. I did not know that this was possible on any of them. 

Gracias, che!

Same thing with text: highlight it, right click, get google lookup window of highlighted word, phrase, name, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

(We're evidently looking at bringing the Michigan State DL, Simeon Barrow, in for a visit;  also interested in his DL team mate Derrick Harmon.)

Portal intel VIP

Hank South (Horns 247)

Spoiler

Portal intel VIP

Hank South (Horns 247)

Gonna post here until the site comes back up. Some notes to pass along --

— TCU defensive line transfer Damonic Williams is a priority target for Texas. And the Longhorns rolled the red carpet out for him this week on his official visit. It was well received, too. As Horns247 noted ahead of his visit, both Williams’ little brother Josh and his mother were in attendance for the visit. Josh is a very influential person in his older brother’s decision, and originally helped him pick TCU. Williams’ mother is from the same South Bay Area of Los Angeles that Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian is from, making her more comfortable with Sark. Any familiarity helps when potentially picking a school over a thousand miles from home. Williams will visit LSU and Mizzou next. A decision will be made next week. I still believe this will come down to Oklahoma vs. Texas, but we’ll see how the next two visits go. I believe Texas definitely helped itself in the race for Williams this week.

— Williams is obviously a priority but so is the position as a whole in this transfer window, so Texas is certainly conducting its due diligence. Horns247 is told Michigan State defensive line transfer Simeon Barrow Jr. is someone Texas has a lot of interest in. The Longhorns are looking at bringing Barrow in on a visit in the next week, sources tell Horns247. The Georgia native tallied 36 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks last season. He graded out at 72.2 per PFF last season. LSU, Missouri, and Miami, among others are all in the picture.

— Barrow’s teammate at Michigan State, defensive lineman Derrick Harmon, is another player the Longhorns have interest in. No visit plans are in place at this point, though. But it’s worth keeping an eye on his process as well. He graded out at a 78.4, per PFF last season, good for the No. 1-ranked defender on Michigan State’s roster, with a minimum snap count. He racked up 40 tackles, 3.5 tackles for a loss, and 2.5 sacks for Sparty last season.

— As for defensive back, the names are a little more murky. We’re told the biggest priority Texas at the cornerback position is instincts and speed. Obviously the big name that everyone wants to know about is Arizona’s Tacario Davis. He’s been in the portal since January, but has gone through spring practice in Tucson with the 1s. Davis also has a no-contact tag in the portal, but it’s worth noting that’s more of a courtesy indicator for a prospect that already knows where he wants to go. It doesn’t actually mean teams can’t make contact. That’s not hinting at anything, just the situation. We’ll keep an eye on him as Arizona wraps up spring ball this weekend as to whether he really wants to go somewhere else or if he’s staying put with the Wildcats. Any other names that surface we’ll keep you up to date as we can.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Little guy - but stud DB.

From 247sports:

Spoiler

H.S. Athletic Background

Also a big-time track athlete.
Captured Florida 1A state titles as a senior in both the 100 and 200-meter dashes after placing 2nd and 4th in those events as a sophomore. Also a member of a 4x400 the captured gold as a 12th grader.
Owns personal bests of 10.47 (+3.3) in the 100 and 21.54 (-0.2) in the 200 along with a 50.96 effort in the 400.
----
2022: Key player for a Chamiande-Madonna squad that went 14-0 during the regular season and won a Sunshine State 1M championship. Credited with 77 tackles, 7 PBU and a FR per MaxPreps.
2021: Totaled 54 tackles and an INT for the Lions, which won a Florida 3A title.
-Andrew Ivins

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Watching victory88 & Friends Ignorantly Bawl All Over Themselves