2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Alex Howard (aggy LB - transfer from Youngstown State) deleted his Portal entry tweet

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Will be fun to revisit all of the “he obviously wasn’t good enough to see the field” comments from yesterday.

Whew, they can hold off on those "delete post" clicks

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

x-posting and an FYI

Per Bobby:

Bert Auburn is not be a scholarship number this fall due to his NIL exceeding scholarship value.

So If that is true that would put us at 85 with the 3 transfers of Burrell, Walton, Kirkland. 

It still would not surprise me to see another OL or DL go along with a few others.

20 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

x-posting and an FYI

Per Bobby:

Bert Auburn is not be a scholarship number this fall due to his NIL exceeding scholarship value.

So If that is true that would put us at 85 with the 3 transfers of Burrell, Walton, Kirkland. 

That's good to know. Most guys aren't good with that, so don't expect that as a given in the future with a starter. I'm kind of stunned and I am aware of his NIL circumstances.

7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

It still would not surprise me to see another OL or DL go along with a few others.

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

We still need 2-3 to go.

I will be stunned if it isn't a little more than 3. Some guys are courteously holding off from doing something until after the spring game. That's true for other schools too, apparently.

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

x-posting and an FYI

Per Bobby:

How does that make sense? Every top guy on the team's NIL exceeds the scholarship value and they still get the scholarship. 

Billy Walton got recruited over. Dude saw the writing on the wall. 

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That's good to know. Most guys aren't good with that, so don't expect that as a given in the future with a starter. I'm kind of stunned and I am aware of his NIL circumstances.

I will be stunned if it isn't a little more than 3. Some guys are courteously holding off from doing something until after the spring game. That's true for other schools too, apparently.

Maybe some dumb questions but what is interesting about his NIL circumstances? Anything public?

Also, can you clarify about "courteously holding off from doing something until after the spring game"? Is it as simple as "we need x DTs, x CBs", etc., to field full teams? Just wondering if we should worry about numbers for Orange or White yet.

7 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

How does that make sense? Every top guy on the team's NIL exceeds the scholarship value and they still get the scholarship. 

Sounded like he's a guy we wanted for the future but he wants to start sooner - can't exactly blame him, but it's a shame for us.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Well, I wouldn't worry about the numbers. Maybe saying "courteously holding off" instead of "waiting to see how things shake out in the spring game" wasn't the best way to put it. Also, there will be exits after the spring game because Sarkisian sat down with players and gave them an assessment of future role and playing time and they realized they might need to leave. Attrition now isn't an indicator one way or the other of who pushed it. Attrition next week will mostly be about guys they're okay seeing walk.

As to Auburn, he has an NIL deal with a roofing company and some other corporate deals because of his look and personality. He also gets taken care of well through TOF. He's almost certainly making more than BO&W right now, as well as any other posters here living in their mother's basement.

Ok, that was hilarious.

17 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I guess it would be a player election.  It seems like he's taking one for the team if true.  I wouldn't expect many others to pay tuition for the betterment of the numbers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Sorry if details already completely discussed, but interesting that Iowa NIL didn't pay out that much to Proctor -- they had built-in protections in their contracts.  

Around 6:30 mark...

Domino Effect of Kadyn Proctor Entering Transfer Portal

1 hour ago

Edited by LTtxfan

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

As to Auburn, he has an NIL deal with a roofing company and some other corporate deals because of his look and personality. He also gets taken care of well through TOF. He's almost certainly making more than BO&W right now, as well as any other posters here living in their mother's basement.

Thanks @ROFL BOX  and @deadshank and thanks hail.

Edited by Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Well, I wouldn't worry about the numbers. Maybe saying "courteously holding off" instead of "waiting to see how things shake out in the spring game" wasn't the best way to put it. Also, there will be exits after the spring game because Sarkisian sat down with players and gave them an assessment of future role and playing time and they realized they might need to leave. Attrition now isn't an indicator one way or the other of who pushed it. Attrition next week will mostly be about guys they're okay seeing walk.

But more than a nurse anesthetist?

19 hours ago, ousux said:

Even if she was a Freshman in the pic, she would already be day drinking (Milf status undetermined) as we speak since that was 2011-early 2012.

It's far more likely she began day drinking years ago to deal with her 5-6 aggy spawn terrorizing the house.

Oh I'm sure she married a "good ag" and already has a kid named Kyle.  Somewhere on her facebook she has pics of him/her wearing a "12th Man" onesie as a baby.

• Haha 2

That even our kicker makes a large amount of NIL money is a rather strong selling point for Texas.

3 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

Oh I'm sure she married a "good ag" and already has a kid named Kyle.  Somewhere on her facebook she has pics of him/her wearing a "12th Man" onesie as a baby.

And every vehicle the family owns is maroon.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, markstanco said:

But it would still be an overall bad look if he transferred to aggy

Why?  How is having guys who can't see the field at Texas transfer to aggy a bad look?  

A starter transferring is a bad look...a 3rd/4th stringer, not so much, IMO.

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

But it would still be an overall bad look if he transferred to aggy

54 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Why?  How is having guys who can't see the field at Texas transfer to aggy a bad look?  

A starter transferring is a bad look...a 3rd/4th stringer, not so much, IMO.

33 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I thought we were part of the SEC for transfer purposes, so he wouldn't be eligible to play immediately if he went to aggy?

I was close to responding to this as well.. luckily my sarcasm meter kicked back on just in time...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

That SEC rule would get struck down in court just as fast as the ncaa transfer restrictions right?

Seems more like a gentleman's agreement than anything

The NCAA restricts them from going anywhere while the SEC just says not here at this club. Those that are lawyers know more but that is what I have heard is the difference.

28 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

The NCAA restricts them from going anywhere while the SEC just says not here at this club. Those that are lawyers know more but that is what I have heard is the difference.

Correct. The SEC is not a monopoly, as the player is free to move to another league and play immediately. The NCAA, on the other hand, is a monopoly and if they try to restrict a player from playing, the player can't go play in a another college league (maybe you could argue Div II or something).

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.