Blastfurnace 2023

Storm the Field

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

48 outside, 76 in the house.  

Want to cool the house down, but know if I run the A/C or open the windows, it'll drop to like 60 and I'll have to run the heater or the family complains, which I don't want to do.

Set your heat for like 62 then..

giphy (8).webp

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

48 outside, 76 in the house.  

Want to cool the house down, but know if I run the A/C or open the windows, it'll drop to like 60 and I'll have to run the heater or the family complains, which I don't want to do.

I ain't running shit on that kind of day.  Open the windows or put on a long sleeve shirt.

I ain't paying for 'climate control' on a day like that.

I've had the fire going all day.  I love days like today.  Cold, wet and dreary. It's good for my soul

Yeah it’s a nice change of pace for a couple of days. A nice fire, hot chocolate, a nice pot of chili, a day in bed with the nekkid wife.

Actually a vision of hell. Try living in the asscrack that is Portland fucking Oregon. 44 and cold ass rain 10 months a year. No sun from Labor Day til the 4th of July. 3 years I lived there. My wife griping every night about this postcard hell. Your bones are frozen for years. It’s why suicide is legal and drug abuse rampant. Fuck that place.
  • Haha 3

On 10/29/2023 at 12:27 AM, InkaUtexas said:

Got a small space heater for the bathroom. My house gets cold. And I don't like the cold. 

Central heat? Better be cold for a week before it goes on. And Houston? Heat? 

It's 47 fucking degrees and damp as piss here.  You damn right my heat is on.

What is it with you and your love of shitty weather?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

It's 47 fucking degrees and damp as piss here.  You damn right my heat is on.

What is it with you and your love of shitty weather?

Its weather man, have lived in worse places. And I know how to dress. Don't wear a suit in Dubai, don't wear shorts in Banff. 

43 here. heat is set at 60. Just came in from setting up all the Halloween decorations. 

Making tea for a hot toddy and wife has fresh bread in the oven. 

And I do not love shitty weather, but I know how to deal with it. Hot? Ok, deal with it. Cold, put on a fucking sweater. Ain't that hard. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Yeah it’s a nice change of pace for a couple of days. A nice fire, hot chocolate, a nice pot of chili, a day in bed with the nekkid wife.

Actually a vision of hell. Try living in the asscrack that is Portland fucking Oregon. 44 and cold ass rain 10 months a year. No sun from Labor Day til the 4th of July. 3 years I lived there. My wife griping every night about this postcard hell. Your bones are frozen for years. It’s why suicide is legal and drug abuse rampant. Fuck that place.

What Happened Wait GIF by ABC Network

On 10/29/2023 at 12:11 AM, jimmyjazz said:

If you turn on your heat in central Texas on Monday you seriously need to reevaluate your life choices.

Mrs. Brat turned on the heat yesterday morning. 
I deferred because I’d really like to see if the battery on my new pacemaker will actually last 8 or 9 years before needing to be replaced.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Been gloriously cool and sunny the past few days. Alas, it looks like clouds, humidity and warmer temps return  this weekend, followed by a couple balmy days in the high 80's during the middle of next week. Cool, dreary weather to follow starting late next week.

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

Maybe this is stretching out the thread longer than it needs to, but it's going to be 12 and 15 degrees above normal over the next 2 days in dallas. And I just killed a mosquito. 

Nah, it’s going to be terrible mid-80s in Houston until Friday. 

3 hours ago, UTGrad98 said:

Maybe this is stretching out the thread longer than it needs to, but it's going to be 12 and 15 degrees above normal over the next 2 days in dallas. And I just killed a mosquito. 

I'm supposed to go to Matagorda Bay next weekend, so I'll make sure and kill a few hundred mosquitos for you.

Welp, that cold front was really nice while it lasted. Shame it didn't make it through the weekend. Went hunting Saturday morning and it was in the high 40's and damn near perfect. Same place that afternoon it was over 80, stand felt like a sweatbox and there were mosquitos buzzing in my ear. 

Couple of muggy days ahead in the mid-80's, then looks like solid rain chances Thursday and Friday. Longer-term forecast indicates we may finally settle into a more typical Fall weather pattern (i.e. highs <75, lows <60) starting this weekend. Getting tired of it being nice for a couple days and then immediately heading right back to the mid-80's again.

I see the front has already started working its way through Austin, but It is still absolutely disgusting in Houston this morning. Was 80 and felt like 100% humidity when I left for work. Couple more hours until we start catching some of the outer rain bands and temps start dropping.

Honestly looking forward to a cool, dreary weekend. Need to break out the gumbo pot.

Those of you that consider anything below 70 to be "cold" get a reprieve this weekend. Gonna warm back into the mid 70's, but nothing like the sultry summer days we saw early last week.

Loving the current forecast for next week, assuming it pans out.

Monday gonna start out unseasonably warm, but another fairly robust cold front will move through at some point, bringing some rain chances Monday afternoon through Tuesday morning. After that, things dry up and cool down. Wednesday and Thursday look like ideal Fall days. Sunny, calm, with highs around 60 and lows in the high 40's. Can't ask for much a better Thanksgiving setup.

Extended look through end of the month looks very "November." Mostly cloudy and moderate daily rain chances. Temps in the 50's and 60's mostly. 

On 11/17/2023 at 8:54 AM, Storm the Field said:

Those of you that consider anything below 70 to be "cold" get a reprieve this weekend. Gonna warm back into the mid 70's, but nothing like the sultry summer days we saw early last week.

Loving the current forecast for next week, assuming it pans out.

Monday gonna start out unseasonably warm, but another fairly robust cold front will move through at some point, bringing some rain chances Monday afternoon through Tuesday morning. After that, things dry up and cool down. Wednesday and Thursday look like ideal Fall days. Sunny, calm, with highs around 60 and lows in the high 40's. Can't ask for much a better Thanksgiving setup.

Extended look through end of the month looks very "November." Mostly cloudy and moderate daily rain chances. Temps in the 50's and 60's mostly. 

I’m telling ya, November and December are becoming two of the absolute best months to be in central Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 2

66 outside, 70 inside.   AC has not gone on in a week.  Even if chilly, on a sunny day my house heats up pretty well given the no-tree shade aspect.   I keep the heat set on 65 - but if it’s sunny it will never kick on unless the temperature stays in the low 50s or below.

i’m on the Entergy level billing plan, where every month they calculate the last 12 months usage and divide by 12 to give what you owe this month. I love me some low energy use months to keep that damn average thing down.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...