Check out these fucking chips

Gil Bang

On 1/17/2024 at 2:07 PM, Brodarious Hamm Sandwich said:

4c132bd010f0a406ea9aed38971fe9f3.jpg

I wanted to hate them, but Lay’s Ketchup chips are excellent

They lean into the vinegar aspect quite a bit and have more seasoning than you'd expect.  Better than actually dipping chips in ketchup.

Which is where barbecue chips usually go off the rails.  They're fine, but I'd almost rather never eat barbecue chips than just have regular chips dipped in barbecue sauce.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Which is where barbecue chips usually go off the rails.  They're fine, but I'd almost rather never eat barbecue chips than just have regular chips dipped in barbecue sauce.

I used to love BBQ chips, until about 10 years ago when they started tasting too sweet for me.  Now, when it comes to the usual flavors, I just stick with sour cream and onion. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I used to love BBQ chips, until about 10 years ago when they started tasting too sweet for me.  Now, when it comes to the usual flavors, I just stick with sour cream and onion. 

I'm not saying I won't hammer BBQ chips.  I just don't seek them out much.

I have become a major proponent of basic ass potato chips with dips.  These in particular are just a stellar dipping chip.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280

• Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Shit......I just ate a small bag of regular Lays Potato Chips and dipped them in this......

spacer.png

It was awesome.

my dad calls this poor man's french fries. he grew up eating them a ton.

10 hours ago, South Austin said:

Ever try these? They taste pretty good and have a little kick. You’re probably all familiar with ‘em but they were new to me. A local market had a little stand and were selling both regular and spicy for $2.50/bag. I bought several. Now the display is gone and I can’t find them anymore. I just have one bag left. Nice quality wavy chips with a good taste and respectable bite. Easy to get carried away and overindulge.

IMG_0096.thumb.jpeg.8d0d81544d6a269ac6c727674608e4c3.jpeg

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Never seen them in Austin, oddly.

That’s weird. They’re pretty good. Smoky and spicy and not particularly sweet. I don’t eat a lot of BBQ chips but I think these are really nice. I’ll be bummed if their availability was just a one-time thing. I asked a guy at customer service about them the last time I was in and he had no clue. If you’re looking for spicy BBQ chips, I think you should try these. They’re not that sweet and more on the smoky side.

I haven’t tried the original recipe chips. I’m more into the heat. These pass muster. 

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Can't say I've ever seen or known about Herr's chips until today.  And I didn't know that Stubb's BBQ had such a national reputation that a Pennsylvania chip company is using its sauce as a chip flavoring.

I've only ever been able to find Herr's at Menard's (it's like a Midwestern version of Lowe's) and they make these things which are just absolute crack.

1296785.webp

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

Can't say I've ever seen or known about Herr's chips until today.  And I didn't know that Stubb's BBQ had such a national reputation that a Pennsylvania chip company is using its sauce as a chip flavoring.

Stubb's gets around. I found some Stubb's in a tiny Swiss Alpine grocery store back in 2016

image.thumb.png.3a916d1531c035692d3498f51f7481a7.png

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/7/2024 at 11:00 AM, Deej said:

“Contains:

(1) 6.5oz bag of Stubb's® Original Bar-B-Q Potato Chips 

(1) 6oz bag of Stubb's® Sticky Sweet Cheese Curls

(1) 6oz bag of Stubb's® Sweet Heat Cheese Curls.”

So…no spicy BBQ chips. That’s helpful.

Cheeee curls? I’m not really into Cheetos and that whole wing of puffed up snacks. But these are legit and appropriately named. They taste great and really bring the heat. They could be hotter but they’re hot enough and most of you couldn’t handle them as they are. The Stubb’s Spicy BBQ chips have a nice, respectable kick for a store bought chip. These are on a whole other level.

IMG_0935.thumb.jpeg.69e8cce24769e873394d1944080be52b.jpeg

That price is ridiculous. Here you can buy 4 bags for $7/ea. Still hard to justify, but they’re really, really good. (Shit. Since I bookmarked that site, the price has gone up to $8/bag. That’s even worse and I’m not really into cheese puffs but man, these are good.)

https://blazingfoods2.com/products/crack-balls-ranchy-cheddar-habanero-cheese-balls?variant=42827736580288

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2024 at 3:09 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

“Contains:

(1) 6.5oz bag of Stubb's® Original Bar-B-Q Potato Chips 

(1) 6oz bag of Stubb's® Sticky Sweet Cheese Curls

(1) 6oz bag of Stubb's® Sweet Heat Cheese Curls.”

So…no spicy BBQ chips. That’s helpful.

Cheeee curls?

My work had the stick sweet cheese curls and they were ok. Like a cheese puff with bbq seasoning on top.

On 2/20/2024 at 6:57 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

Another Doritos flavor. Seems kind of boring.

IMG_1714.thumb.jpeg.bdb250688f0e5febd0f1171792306d80.jpeg

Isn’t this just a reboot if a 90s flavor?

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2023 at 1:41 AM, rage-a-holic said:

Tesco Bacon Rashers = go hard in the paint

Bohemia Spiz = cheap BBQ sauce flavor

May try these later

where are you finding tesco anything deep in the heart?

19 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

2070b1ac69fe25d25568910c15bb8316.jpg
Oh shit

my kids love them but they're terrible.

these are my favorite. 

image.thumb.png.8d29da039a03a45c72c8f312006837d3.png

Edited by gsoda3

Posted (edited)

It burns like ice?

Then I got curious and looked it up. Apparently the story goes that blue flames burn the hottest, but in ranking the chips, Mashed argues that they are not as hot as Fuego or Nitro.

I wonder if one eats an entire bag the toilet looks like Lysol Power Bowl Cleaner.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Grammar

On 2/6/2024 at 11:10 AM, South Austin said:

I used to live on massive bags of Bob’s Texas Style chips as a kid, both jalapeño and bbq flavor. Back when the bag was orange and white stripes, which was so long ago I couldn’t even find a pic of it in google image search. At some point in the last 30 years they changed their recipe along with their bag and they’re utterly forgettable. 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/7/2024 at 1:39 PM, rage-a-holic said:

Stubb's gets around. I found some Stubb's in a tiny Swiss Alpine grocery store back in 2016

image.thumb.png.3a916d1531c035692d3498f51f7481a7.png

I will say this brings back some memories. Ely and other Lubbock guys brought Stubbs down and helped him open that restaurant in that crap hotel (I think it was)they did a free show for him. Some good music that day. Don’t remember anything about the bbq. 
Yeah I know CSB. 

Edited by Shaddie