Miami Regional Thread

Horny Bull

I don't even. I mean.

What the fuck is Texas baseball?

We were wondering if these guys could even make the playoffs early on this year. 

Then. 

Fuckin LeBarron Johnson. 

Like. 

What in the fuck, man.

I'm still giddy. That was insane. 

• Hook 'Em 6

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

LBJ with a legendary performance. We will be talking about that for a long time.

Say what you want about Pierce but every single one of his Regional teams has started 2-0.

Now we need to scrap together one win. Tanner Witt has looked better lately...

Some of us will be telling people in the years ahead that we were there....right!

13 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Good job by Pierce and Woody in the 9th too. They realized LBJ had lost velocity and went to a lot of breaking stuff. 

One of those outings where great pitch selection and great execution produce a masterpiece 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

This just feels like one of those teams where they have no business doing what they do but everyone forgets to tell them that along the way and they do it anyway. 

Some teams (Miss St. two years ago most recent) just have to get HOT at the right time to win it all.

College Baseball GIF by Texas Longhorns

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This just feels like one of those teams where they have no business doing what they do but everyone forgets to tell them that along the way and they do it anyway. 

It sounds a lot like you're saying they got guts.  They 'em tonight.

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I love this thing on the pitching side called development. Where guys get better as the year goes on. Been seeing that with a handful of guys on the staff this year.

Also what happens when you put them in roles to be successful, the first two innings are indicative of why he is better off a starter than a reliever.

2 minutes ago, txhorns said:

Miami likely has a sluggish start tomorrow against LA.  They won’t get to bed until almost midnight tonight.  Their next game starts 13 hours after this one ended.

That is why game #2 in these regionals is so huge.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Don't people understand that you don't invite Texas to your house without getting their asses handed to them?

I can't imagine getting to host a regional and then seeing Texas as your 2 seed draw. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1