Miami Regional Thread

Horny Bull

19 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I haven’t been his biggest fan, but Jack O’Dowd has quietly been pretty solid the last month or so. Was at .259 a month ago and is now at .280. He’s probably average defensively but makes the plays he needs to make the majority of the time.

A month ago I thought we needed to upgrade both middle infield spots this offseason, but I would feel fine if he was our everyday 2B next year batting 7th or whatever. He has 10+ homer pop. Definitely needs to get better against lefties.

You need to chill the fuck out on the numbers and learn to get lost in the moment. No one following this team should be remotely concerned about next season right now. We have a game to go to the supers tomorrow and Jack O'Dowd's batting average from a month ago really shouldn't be crossing anyone's mind. 

I get you're an analytical guy but give it a rest for these few weeks in June. You're commenting like this is still April and it isn't. All of that numbers shit is going out the window. LBJ just threw 130 pitches in a 1 ER complete game. How many times do you figure he does that next season?

Appreciate what you're seeing right now and hold onto it while you can. You might like our team better next season and that team may shit the bed. 

College baseball is a fugazi-ass crapshoot. Let's worry about next season once these kids are done playing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You need to chill the fuck out on the numbers and learn to get lost in the moment. No one following this team should be remotely concerned about next season right now. We have a game to go to the supers tomorrow and Jack O'Dowd's batting average from a month ago really shouldn't be crossing anyone's mind. 

I get you're an analytical guy but give it a rest for these few weeks in June. You're commenting like this is still April and it isn't. All of that numbers shit is going out the window. LBJ just threw 130 pitches in a 1 ER complete game. How many times do you figure he does that next season?

Appreciate what you're seeing right now and hold onto it while you can. You might like our team better next season and that team may shit the bed. 

College baseball is a fugazi-ass crapshoot. Let's worry about next season once these kids are done playing. 

Blink 182 Wtf GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

LBJ just threw 130 pitches in a 1 ER complete game. How many times do you figure he does that next season?

Yeah, I’ve got to hand it to Pierce. He recognized the hot hand and decided to ride it till the end.

So many coaches or managers seem to have a hard stop at 100 pitches. Or even at approaching 100 pitches.

I understand trying to protect your asset, but this late in the season, these guys are plenty capable of going until they aren’t effective anymore.

And, by God, was LBJ effective. It would have been criminal to have taken him out of the game while he was still mowing them down.

I was worried that Pierce would pull LBJ after 7, then after 8, because of the pitch count. As I’m sure many others were.

Good coaching decision by David Pierce to let his pitcher that was in control keep pitching.

• Hook 'Em 3

Lots of weather delays last night, didn't realize until I checked the bracket this morning.  Gonna be a lot of Monday double-headers.  

On that note, games are scheduled for Noon & 6:00p in Coral Gables.  Thunderstorm chances at 40%+ for the area starting at?  You guessed it.  12 noon-8pm.  Here's to ULL/MIA going 27 innings with lots and lots of rain stoppages to fuck with their pitching staff.  

Don't make a fuck.  We winning this thing anyhow.  

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Lots of weather delays last night, didn't realize until I checked the bracket this morning.  Gonna be a lot of Monday double-headers.  

On that note, games are scheduled for Noon & 6:00p in Coral Gables.  Thunderstorm chances at 40%+ for the area starting at?  You guessed it.  12 noon-8pm.  Here's to ULL/MIA going 27 innings with lots and lots of rain stoppages to fuck with their pitching staff.  

Don't make a fuck.  We winning this thing anyhow.  

Can I get a big "Hell Yeah!" and "Hallelujah"?

Edited by Bevo&Pevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

image.png.280051993a3c052c471e5c4da2fa2c77.png

We should have had a mid-week game earlier in the year and the winner of that game would get to host in case both teams had similar seasons.

…what, what’s that? wait I’m being told there was a game…and Texas won

Well there it is, can’t argue with that.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Yeah, there’s no reason to change it now. I think had we seen Witt in some closing action that’s a different story.

Witt for 5 is likely the plan.

Tonight was significant. To win first and foremost. Then we got a bonus in only using one pitcher.

It is time for the bats to put more pressure on the opponent.

That’s really the formula for every team. Get through game 2 with no losses and minimal BP action then the offense has to carry more. There is zero reason why Texas pitcher #3 and a rested BP shouldn’t be able to beat a #4 and tired opponent.

5 hours ago, Victor Lazlo said:

Yeah, I’ve got to hand it to Pierce. He recognized the hot hand and decided to ride it till the end.

So many coaches or managers seem to have a hard stop at 100 pitches. Or even at approaching 100 pitches.

I understand trying to protect your asset, but this late in the season, these guys are plenty capable of going until they aren’t effective anymore.

And, by God, was LBJ effective. It would have been criminal to have taken him out of the game while he was still mowing them down.

I was worried that Pierce would pull LBJ after 7, then after 8, because of the pitch count. As I’m sure many others were.

Good coaching decision by David Pierce to let his pitcher that was in control keep pitching.

Looked like in late innings he added a change maybe? Also started throwing the high fast ball more often and damn he was still 93-95. I was worried they would finally figure him out, that did NOT happen. Incredible. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Jack O’Dowd good at baseball right now. Hit big homer tonight. 

Better?

I like your posts. I spend my work days being 10/10 analytical so in my spare time I don’t do it but I like to read about it.

So in surly style… your stat posts? 

Ill Allow It GIF

Edited by troph
  • Haha 2

Hey hey LBJ!

How many CGs

you throwin today!?

what a total fucking legendary performance. Even after that one solo shot Miami knew they were turbofucked.   Finish this shit off and continue the run to Omaha AKA the Horns’ baseball Summer home ballpark. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

At the time, my comment was meant only to say there was another game on to watch while waiting on the rain to lift.  However, to your comment I didn't lose anything in FL, so I don't need the geography lesson. 

I don’t understand your last sentence. Your first is a bullshit walk-back. Otherwise why mention the Gainesville sunshine. 

49 minutes ago, troph said:

Looked like in late innings he added a change maybe? Also started throwing the high fast ball more often and damn he was still 93-95. I was worried they would finally figure him out, that did NOT happen. Incredible. 

I spotted a dirty change up from LBJ too. It sank and ran in on a righty

honestly after the first couple innings I was stoked he’d demoralized Miami getting out of those bases loaded situations and was just hoping he could give us 5 innings. Boy did he settle in lol

Edited by B00M
  • Hook 'Em 1

Last point for now, I’ve loved Guillemette’s leadership since I first saw him but last nights game took that to another level. He was ready to MURDER everyone in that stadium after the HBP and he carried that intensity the rest of the game. Fucking legend

Edited by B00M
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Sure, but there's a bit of a difference between a monitor and a 5 foot wide TV.

You have a 55”+ tv with no internet access to a browser? Or steaming capability from a phone? Time to up greyed there bro. I think they start at around $300 bucks at the HEB if you aren’t a surly 1%er 

15 minutes ago, Eugene11 said:

You have a 55”+ tv with no internet access to a browser? Or steaming capability from a phone? Time to up greyed there bro. I think they start at around $300 bucks at the HEB if you aren’t a surly 1%er 

The big TV is 8 years old.  It works fine.  The last thing I'm gonna spend money on is a new one.  I'm paying for 3 kids in college and 2 of their rents.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Funny how they pulled the pitcher that hit Guillemette immediately after the pitch. They knew his life was in danger.

In a way, that's the best thing that happened to them. He was absolute trash, was rattled, and was on the verge of getting obliterated, possibly leading to usage of multiple pitchers. Instead, statistically shitty lefty comes in and lucks out when PB hits a rope that 2b turns into DP.

Cajuns are throwing a guy (Marshall) against Miami who has no previous starts this year. They got a decent effort from their starter (Fluno) yesterday. Another guy (Hammond) has made a bunch of starts and has decent numbers. Don't know if they plan on holding him back for tonight or if he's option B in game 1.

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

BTW...

Texas last had a pitcher throw a complete game during the NCAA Tournament in 2014. That time around, Chad Hollingsworth went the distance against Texas A&M during the decisive game of the Houston regional.

I was just about to mention this. 😉