2023 Fall Camp Thread of Dominance

USMCHorn

4 hours ago, TriStone said:

You might want to take a gander at SEC Rant.  They've been swallowing aggy's bullshit whole for a decade now and asking for seconds.  They've all been fully indoctrinated.  As one gooner poster put it:  "I'll give you pussies credit where credit it's due. You have these SEC dipshits singing from your loser victim hymnal like a choir from hell."

They may agree that aggy is weird, but they see us as the antichrist.

Going to secrant is the first mistake. As dense and ignorant as a lot of SEC fans tend to be, that board is the absolute bottom of the dumpster. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

Posting JD Pickell here is a rough sign for this board's overall IQ. That dude spews more words without actually saying anything than any other pundit I've listened to. 

To be fair Josh Pate is all in on Texas this year too.

• Like 1

Nahlin on depth chart:

With just 9 days until Texas takes on the Rice Owls in the season opener, we’ll get the latest on position battles, quarterback Quinn Ewers, and the team’s practice schedule.
Return to in-season schedule
In anticipation of game week next week, the program has returned to its normal in-season practice schedule.
Monday is for corrections from the previous week where teaching is a primary focus. The offense will work on looks it wants to improve with the defense trying to foil them, then they’ll change roles.
That’s followed by ‘Bloody Tuesday’. It lives up to its name with physicality on the agenda. The players will be in full pads going pretty much full speed.
Wednesday is a more muted version of that, though it’s still pretty physical.
Thursday is back to being more tame in anticipation of having the players better rested for the upcoming game.
Position Battles
Just when I thought battles were pretty much decided, it sounds like Gavin Holmes is making a spirited push to start opposite Ryan Watts. Holmes has tightened up the race with Terrance Brooks, the expected starter at field cornerback. Holmes is known to be very sticky in coverage, even against UT’s quality receiving corp. To our knowledge, Brooks has done nothing wrong. It’ll be interesting to see whose name is atop the chart, but both will play quite a bit either way. Holmes is peaking.
SPONSORED CONTENT
Turn the page on your plaque psoriasis journey and start your next chapter
By AbbVie
I’m expecting Malik Muhammad to backup Watts, at least to start the season. He’s physical enough for the position but more smooth in coverage than Watts. It’ll be interesting to see how much the coaches rotate. Muhammad has shown he’s ready to play.
You may also like
WATCH: Big & Rich announce 'Comin' To Your City' will no longer open ESPN College GameDay
Kevin Hart reveals he's in a wheelchair after attempting to race a former NFL running back
Michael Riles leads an ultra talented Port Arthur Memorial team
Per our sources it appears set for David Gbenda and Ethan Burke to start at Will/Dime linebacker and Buck outside linebacker, respectively. Gbenda is “mostly” assignment sound and Burke has done better against the run of late.
At right guard, we expect DJ Campbell to start, though Cole Hutson will also play.
Quinn Ewers
“Quinn has looked really sharp this week, he’s been connecting deep.”
The second-year Texas starter is in the middle of what is probably his best week of practice yet. That stands to reason as he continually improves, but still great to hear. He’s in much better rhythm with his receivers than last year.
Sources believe he’s poised for a big year
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

Posting JD Pickell here is a rough sign for this board's overall IQ. That dude spews more words without actually saying anything than any other pundit I've listened to. 

What if I told you I’m currently head to toe decked out in PROGRUM merch?

On one hand, I agree with you.  But the answer is pretty obvious.  I don’t know if it was the Chris Beard thread or something else where this came up, but the one-sided “rivalries” and the inferiority complexes from these schools is NOT JUST ABOUT SPORTS.   “Oh, it’s because Texas used to beat them in football all the time in the 60s and 70s.” Uh, no.  It’s because we’re the rich school, the harder school to get into, the flagship school in the state, the school that gets attention, the school in the current “cool” big city instead of an ugly little college town in the middle of nowhere, and on and on.  And we know it and are arrogant about it.
Real life things and insecurities play an equal or greater part in all of this than college sports, especially for Tech and the other schools located in Texas.

Some of this, some of simple fact that we’re the big state school for Baylor and Tech, and it’s also a lot easier to shit talk the team who’s taken Ls all across the conference over the past decade-plus as opposed to the one that’s largely run it on the field, last year nonwithstanding.

11 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

He's no Josh Pate, but I still enjoy his stuff. He seems to be way more accurate and in touch than most of the guys on traditional platforms these days. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Nahlin on depth chart:

With just 9 days until Texas takes on the Rice Owls in the season opener, we’ll get the latest on position battles, quarterback Quinn Ewers, and the team’s practice schedule.
Return to in-season schedule
In anticipation of game week next week, the program has returned to its normal in-season practice schedule.
Monday is for corrections from the previous week where teaching is a primary focus. The offense will work on looks it wants to improve with the defense trying to foil them, then they’ll change roles.
That’s followed by ‘Bloody Tuesday’. It lives up to its name with physicality on the agenda. The players will be in full pads going pretty much full speed.
Wednesday is a more muted version of that, though it’s still pretty physical.
Thursday is back to being more tame in anticipation of having the players better rested for the upcoming game.
Position Battles
Just when I thought battles were pretty much decided, it sounds like Gavin Holmes is making a spirited push to start opposite Ryan Watts. Holmes has tightened up the race with Terrance Brooks, the expected starter at field cornerback. Holmes is known to be very sticky in coverage, even against UT’s quality receiving corp. To our knowledge, Brooks has done nothing wrong. It’ll be interesting to see whose name is atop the chart, but both will play quite a bit either way. Holmes is peaking.
SPONSORED CONTENT
Turn the page on your plaque psoriasis journey and start your next chapter
By AbbVie
I’m expecting Malik Muhammad to backup Watts, at least to start the season. He’s physical enough for the position but more smooth in coverage than Watts. It’ll be interesting to see how much the coaches rotate. Muhammad has shown he’s ready to play.
You may also like
WATCH: Big & Rich announce 'Comin' To Your City' will no longer open ESPN College GameDay
Kevin Hart reveals he's in a wheelchair after attempting to race a former NFL running back
Michael Riles leads an ultra talented Port Arthur Memorial team
Per our sources it appears set for David Gbenda and Ethan Burke to start at Will/Dime linebacker and Buck outside linebacker, respectively. Gbenda is “mostly” assignment sound and Burke has done better against the run of late.
At right guard, we expect DJ Campbell to start, though Cole Hutson will also play.
Quinn Ewers
“Quinn has looked really sharp this week, he’s been connecting deep.”
The second-year Texas starter is in the middle of what is probably his best week of practice yet. That stands to reason as he continually improves, but still great to hear. He’s in much better rhythm with his receivers than last year.
Sources believe he’s poised for a big year

So how's that plaque psoriasis journey going for you?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

36 minutes ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

He's no Josh Pate, but I still enjoy his stuff. He seems to be way more accurate and in touch than most of the guys on traditional platforms these days. 

Pate's problem is his info is mostly from the team 247 sites. Which means he gets his Texas info from fucking Chip Brown

Regarding other platforms, there's some other good podcasts out there. I think Bet the Board, Cover 3, and CFB Nerds tend to be relatively well informed. Relatively, because it's impossible to have a deep grasp on every team. I also listen to Split Zone Duo, Unnecessary Roughness, and the Solid Verbal, although those are more entertaining than informative 

21 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Another comparison to the 2015 team:  our OC probably won’t get fired after the opener this year, with our head coach explaining it was because the OC called a different offense than the one we practiced all offseason.  And by “probably”, I mean that definitely won’t happen because it’s literally never happened anywhere except Charlie Strong Texas Football.  

e7eadd2c-93a7-4177-8e13-bab6d4496c5b_tex

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

47 minutes ago, closetohumping said:
  Hide contents

May be an image of 1 person, playing football and text

May be an image of text

May be an image of text

May be an image of text

May be an image of ticket stub and text

May be an image of text

May be an image of 6 people, people playing football and text

May be an image of text

May be an image of 1 person and text

CJ Vogel - Some recruiting news. Hudson committed to Tech

Arch is pulling away from Maalik

Running back by committee

Worthy's head in game.

Is it me, or is this Hudson and Tech blurb idiotic?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Honestly, how the fuck does OU get to skate in all of this? Those fuckers have won the league like 20 times, yet we are the ones getting dragged constantly. 

Because we're Texas

1 hour ago, Nuge said:

I just hope that after Texas stomps a mudhole in our Big12 opponents hearts the crowd does not start in with the "S E C" bullshit.

Inshallah

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

If they are irrelevant for long enough they'll stop caring as much, and it will be harder to harvest their delicious tears. No, they need to wander in the wasteland, coach to coach, showing up every now and then, only to fade and die, sad and lonely at some shit bowl after we've crushed their conference dreams. I want revenge.
BlowU has 2 things going for it that will keep them from wandering the wilderness too long.

1. The university exists to support the football program, not the other way round.
2. Proximity to Texas and well established recruiting pipelines..particularly to DFW and all of North Texas.

That said, it's way way past time for their next John Blake, hope that's BV.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I just hope that after Texas stomps a mudhole in our Big12 opponents hearts the crowd does not start in with the "S E C" bullshit.
While I've never been a fan of that chant, doing it to any of the hateful 8 schools that we just boatraced seems appropriate.

It needs to stop after we actually play in the SEC though, fuck that lame redneckery.
  • Hook 'Em 6

23 minutes ago, ousux said:

While I've never been a fan of that chant, doing it to any of the hateful 8 schools that we just boatraced seems appropriate.

It needs to stop after we actually play in the SEC though, fuck that lame redneckery.

No, none of this bullshit. We will be playing in the SEC to kick ass and to deposit larger checks. We shouldn’t be proud to associate with those barely literate, garbage people and their schools. Fuck them all. 

• Hook 'Em 9
  • Fuck You 1

I’d say Bama has QB issues. Buechner is running with the 3’s, and they brought him in after spring ball because Milroe and Simpson sucked. 

I think the plan is to run some bullshit Milroe 18 Wheeler offense until Simpson or Buechner can take over.

Bama can beat us. But they need to turn into A) 2021 Arkansas or B) a rock fight. 

Bama is vulnerable in every game where their opponent can score 40.

I have a friend that grew up in Houston went to Bama for school. As you can imagine, not the sharpest knife in the drawer. But he knows his football. He made a good point. Hand signs are a uniquely SWC thing. SEC doesn’t do it. 

I think we’ll continue to see the horns down against OU and aggy because of course, but I think it’ll be uncommon in the remainder of SEC play. They’d rather shake some poms poms or some shit after their team makes a big play. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I have a friend that grew up in Houston went to Bama for school. As you can imagine, not the sharpest knife in the drawer. But he knows his football. He made a good point. Hand signs are a uniquely SWC thing. SEC doesn’t do it. 

I think we’ll continue to see the horns down against OU and aggy because of course, but I think it’ll be uncommon in the remainder of SEC play. They’d rather shake some poms poms or some shit after their team makes a big play. 

I’m not surprised that those SEC patrons lack fine motor skills.  I’m just surprised he would brag about it.  PS. Enjoying some JJ Bowman Sib right now.  

Edited by stork642

57 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’d say Bama has QB issues. Buechner is running with the 3’s, and they brought him in after spring ball because Milroe and Simpson sucked.

I think the plan is to run some bullshit Milroe 18 Wheeler offense until Simpson or Buechner can take over.

Bama can beat us. But they need to turn into A) 2021 Arkansas or B) a rock fight.

Bama is vulnerable in every game where their opponent can score 40.

Bama's defense is stout if pre-season reports can be believed. Scoring 40 might be a tad optimistic. Likewise, our interior OL is unproven. DJ Cambell is obviously a great talent, but how quickly can he get up to speed, especially in pass protection? Has Hayden Connor taken a step forward? I don't think there is really any question the OL will be better this year, but how soon they hit their stride is a valid question. Game 2 is an early trial and Rice won't tell us much. Neither will Bama take us lightly after they barely escaped with a win in the last contest. On the flip side, I'm optimistic our defense will be good. I like our chances.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Tell me you don’t actually watch college football without telling me you don’t actually watch college football.

• Like 1