One signal that screams you won’t like this person

Hornbeliever

On 8/9/2023 at 9:47 PM, ITHorn said:

Guy who is constantly imaginary putting and driving in the office. I’m talking about while waiting for the copier or in line for coffee in a tiny ass kitchen. Nobody will say anything because he’s the nephew of a VP, so we all suffer in silence as the 28 year old wannabe Phil Mickelson goes 18 at Augusta before noon on a Monday. 

I have never witnessed this.  Ever.

I accept that blessing too.  LOL.

People that refer to any part of the US that is not densely urban as "flyover" country, and anyone that chooses not to live in that shit as "rubes."

People that have "fur babies."

People that are inconsiderate with their boat wakes.

People from the extremes of both political properties.

People that talk constantly about their kid's sports.

People that have not truly "grown up" and always try to get you to do stuff with them that would cause spousal conflict.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 9

On 8/9/2023 at 9:47 PM, ITHorn said:

Guy who is constantly imaginary putting and driving in the office. I’m talking about while waiting for the copier or in line for coffee in a tiny ass kitchen. Nobody will say anything because he’s the nephew of a VP, so we all suffer in silence as the 28 year old wannabe Phil Mickelson goes 18 at Augusta before noon on a Monday. 

Thats Me Breaking Bad GIF by Better Call Saul

2 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

So keeping a truck clean is frowned upon?  

I get his point. A truck is supposed to be a work vehicle. Of course you can wash it, but treating it like it’s a city car is ridiculous. So you got a ding or scratch? So what? It’s a truck! Some mud? So what? It’s a truck!

• Like 4

On 8/9/2023 at 8:47 PM, ITHorn said:

I once hired a greenskeeper who behaved like this. It was unbearable. Fortunately, he went on a killing spree one day after misconstruing my instructions and we never heard from him again.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

So keeping a truck clean is frowned upon?  

Nah, but when these morons pose as if they have a big ole workin truck and there's nary a scratch on the tailgate or trailer hitch or whatever, some of us just roll our fucking eyes.

On 8/11/2023 at 7:01 AM, SamsCorner said:

Self-righteous pot smokers who won't shut up, especially when they're high.

14 handicappers who manage to throw out an 83 - 82 in the NET club championship and then hang around the men's grill bragging on it.  "Hey man, it some times happens.  I was making everything."  

When I was a member at Lost Creek I was a 10 playing a 22 handicap in the match play, giving him 6 shots a side. I shot a 38 on the front nine and was down 5 holes. I ended up shooting an 80 and he shot a 75. We were done after the 12th hole. He claimed "medical issues" that caused him to shoot higher on earlier rounds.

• Rage+1 3

On 8/11/2023 at 5:28 PM, nnm said:

I get his point. A truck is supposed to be a work vehicle. Of course you can wash it, but treating it like it’s a city car is ridiculous. So you got a ding or scratch? So what? It’s a truck! Some mud? So what? It’s a truck!

This here is my son’s work truck. It is used as such. 

C085015A-AB57-428A-91B1-255C9A9EB25E.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2023 at 7:14 PM, Hefeweizen said:

Spotless giant trucks.  If you have a 250 long bed and it’s got a tool box and is used, we’ll get along fine.  If it’s been detailed we’re probably not going to be buds.

This one time, I was at Home Depot and saw this Tundra with a lift and good sized tires. 

Spotless!

Not a speck of dirt on it and bright and shiny.

First thing I thought was the owner only uses it to pull a boat.

So the truck was parked next to grassy area and these kids started rough housing in it.

And a bro walks up to them, I assumed it was their dad, and tells them stop messing around because they were going to bring grass in the truck.

Grass!

Yep, bro was yelling at his sons because of grass in the truck.

Not because they were fooling around in a busy parking lot.

• Rage+1 2

Acting as if having a kid pull your finger and letting one rip is some affront to all humanity.

Was it wrong to do that at the dentist office?

Actually it's people who act as if they never farted in their lives.  yeah.  Whatever...

Edited by slorch

9 hours ago, Okie State said:

People who are completely helpless and aren't even remotely interested in learning new things. They just kind of float through life doing nothing.

I learned late in life to post here with my new gadgets so more people could read my complaints about all the other assholes.

6 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

One, if not the all time favorite for me, too stoopid indeed...

As someone who's done a lot of photoshop in my life, it irks the fuck out of me that they couldn't rotate the aggy logo just a little bit to make it line up right. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Husband and wife pairs that shop at Costco and have to discuss every single got dammed purchase like it's life or death. Just throw the bag of frozen berries in fucking cart and move on.

...and the Dutch.

I dunno man. I HAVE to go with my wife so get the opportunity to talk her out of buying shit we don't need. You know why I don't want a 7 lb. bag of frozen berries? Because it will take up space in my deep freezer until I throw it out 6 months later.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

26 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I dunno man. I HAVE to go with my wife so get the opportunity to talk her out of buying shit we don't need. You know why I don't want a 7 lb. bag of frozen berries? Because it will take up space in my deep freezer until I throw it out 6 months later.

I bet you're Dutch too.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Husband and wife pairs that shop at Costco and have to discuss every single got dammed purchase like it's life or death. Just throw the bag of frozen berries in fucking cart and move on.

...and the Dutch.

9 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

I do probably 90% of our grocery shopping 1) because I am already out in the stores- just hit the last one before I come home and 2) exactly what NorthLoop is saying.

She still gets on  fucking  on Amazon however.  undefeated.

10 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

But she's making smoothies now. She'll make a smoothie every morning for four days.

Then it will sit in your deep freezer for 6 months.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

But she's making smoothies now. She'll make a smoothie every morning for four days.

Then it will sit in your deep freezer for 6 months.

More like "I saw this recipe for a dessert I wanna try and make." 

Narrator: The dessert never got made. 

Anyways didn't mean to derail this into the wives thread. Proceed with douchebag signals. 

• Rage+1 1

On 8/9/2023 at 6:47 AM, BonzoMontreaux said:

Anyone that is totally in the bag for one political party.  Don't give a shit which one they sell out for.

As a Christian, other Christians that will turn their backs on or show intolerance towards folks because of folks' sexual orientation.  Seen this shit within my family and friends ranks.  Jesus said 'Love one another as I have loved you.'.  Pretty simple.  Do you see any exceptions in the that statement you intolerant fucks?  

I see an exception for Sooner and aggy assholes but maybe I interpret the Bible a little different than you.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, txhorns said:

Anyone who has unnaturally colored hair.  Not necessarily unnatural to them but for humans.  I’ve never met a person with pink, blue, green, purple, etc. hair that I liked.

spacer.png

You mean you don't like The Boy With The Green Hair ?

Dean Stockwell was a great child actor and he continued that greatness through his entire career. This is actually a pretty good little film if you have never seen it.

Some of this stuff I realize I don’t like but will never know about most people. Like returning grocery carts. I don’t think I’m friends with people who don’t return their carts but I never go to the store with them and I don’t make friends with randos at the grocery store anyway. So I don’t like it but it’s irrelevant to my friend making decision. 

“One-uppers” who have a story better than you is a good one. 

Assholes who don’t let you like what you like. If you’re drinking a lager they tell you how you should get a craft IPA. You mention a TV show and they know a better one that has better humor. You should try their indie band. Your vacation was too touristy, why not get off the beaten path like them. Fuck, just let me like what I like. 

Boasting about athletic accomplishments or having stickers/gear like 13.1 or triathlon completion. Wear that shit at the gym. Unless you’re a pro athlete it’s just a hobby. If you still fit in a college or high school athletic shirt and want to mow the yard in it, fine. 

Going to Disney as an adult, although I just silently judge in keeping with point above. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Post serving in the Army, while going to college, I actually worked with the Williamson Co Sheriff’s office and worked the “intake” for the jail on Friday and Saturday nights. My regular shift was 4-midnight each week, 5 days a week. I might have met some of you “Surly Bastards” over 20 years ago!
The stories I could tell from my year of working the night shift in Georgetown! This was 95-96.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/20/2023 at 3:42 PM, msucolt45 said:

Post serving in the Army, while going to college, I actually worked with the Williamson Co Sheriff’s office and worked the “intake” for the jail on Friday and Saturday nights. My regular shift was 4-midnight each week, 5 days a week. I might have met some of you “Surly Bastards” over 20 years ago!
The stories I could tell from my year of working the night shift in Georgetown! This was 95-96.

Hook’em!!!

People who post random shit in threads that don't relate to the subject at hand.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Without re-opening the debate over POS tips for counter service or similar stuff (at least 3 threads on this), yes, the guy in this post ITA. 

IF this is a true story the the guy’s definitely the AH, but the waitress chasing him down in the parking lot puts her on the spectrum. Why is my iced tea empty? Oh yeah, our waitress is in the parking lot yelling at that guy.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2