One signal that screams you won’t like this person

Hornbeliever

2 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

I feel your pain being a 50 something white dude who owns a construction company, drives a truck, dips some Skoal, and enjoys hunting and fishing. I had to stop wearing red of any kind.

Also, despite the above demographic, I am labeled as that "commie hippy liberal from Austin who went to that commie hippy school" when I go fishing with my Houston buddies.

I always tell them, "yeah that bastion of free thinking that is the Red McCombs College of Business".

Also a CPA, so I also get the tax side of things as well.

Ah Ziggy, will you ever win?

You gotta quit the skoal stuff man, before you loose your jaw. You can do it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

People that get married during football season 

Guys that get married in jeans and cowboy boots. Sorry, but how I was raised my grandmother and parents told me that shit was tacky and I couldn't agree more. Grow the fuck up and get married in a suit or tux like the rest of us.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Guys that get married in jeans and cowboy boots. Sorry, but how I was raised my grandmother and parents told me that shit was tacky and I couldn't agree more. Grow the fuck up and get married in a suit or tux like the rest of us.  

I got married in a tux and all my groomsmen had them too. Our nod to our NM cowboy heritage was bolo ties instead of bow ties. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Loose fitting white shirt and pants on a beach in Mexico guy says howdy!
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

On 2/27/2024 at 12:10 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

I'm a farmer that has benefitted from subsidies.  I cash the check because I have to, but I will bluntly tell anyone who asks that I don't think we should be getting them and they are absolutely no different than welfare.  It's the government choosing to give money to a certain group of people because they think there will be some larger benefit from doing so.

If I have to do anything at the FSA office I say I'm "going to the Welfare Shop".

I love the reactions I get from that.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

On 3/9/2024 at 4:24 PM, Richard Kimball said:

This you?

output_829416985_0.jpg

Figured the off-season would go better for Travis...

On 3/2/2024 at 3:58 PM, Superhero said:

Vegans.

Our new receptionist has dropped vegan into our conversation several times. Usually about trying a new vegan restaurant, or her family’s favorite vegan dish.

Next time she does that, I’m gonna tell her about the new BBQ joint or steakhouse just to see blue she reacts. 

Well that one didn’t last long. We “discontinued” our contract with the staffing agency after the dumb bitch posted on glassdoor that we were “doing shots” in the break room.

We were doing a Japanese whisky tasting, with small pours, and hors d’oeuvres. The event is sanctioned by the Div President and even the entire HR team was there.

So my initial assessment was correct. Vegans are the worst. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 3/15/2024 at 3:26 PM, Kennythetiger said:

What are you supposed to wear to a beach wedding?  A suit seems wildly inefficient. And you can’t go naked. 

Linen or seersucker suit. White T or polo for the shirt. 

5 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Nose ring on women: 🚩🚩🚩

Nose ring on men: 🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩

During college, a guy from my class had earrings and a nose ring. And apparently a nipple ring as well.

I dropped by to borrow his notes, and he was vacuuming with his shirt off and a chain connecting all 3 rings. Very disturbing. But he was cool and is now a VP at a Japanese venture capital firm.

6 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Nose ring on women: 🚩🚩🚩

Nose ring on men: 🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩

I think nose rings (only studs) look pretty cool would not be a deal breaker.

My wife had an earring high up on the cartilage part when I first me her. Thought that looked good and way better than my ex’s navel ring. 

2 hours ago, Superhero said:

I think nose rings (only studs) look pretty cool would not be a deal breaker.

Nose piercing on a female can be attractive. The actual ring though, looks like youre trying to cosplay a farmland cattle

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/6/2024 at 1:54 PM, Jiggy-Z said:

I feel your pain being a 50 something white dude who owns a construction company, drives a truck, dips some Skoal, and enjoys hunting and fishing. I had to stop wearing red of any kind.

Also, despite the above demographic, I am labeled as that "commie hippy liberal from Austin who went to that commie hippy school" when I go fishing with my Houston buddies.

I always tell them, "yeah that bastion of free thinking that is the Red McCombs College of Business".

Maybe you need new friends

Who TF wears red to begin with? I won’t own or wear red clothing, hell I won’t even own a red car or truck even if it’s an unbelievable deal because fuck the land thieves! Completely irrational hatred for that shithole and everyone/thing associated with it seems perfectly rational to me.

Posted (edited)

Comments above are dead-on. Making a politcal/sociocultural hot-button comment or charged remark and expecting me to share it or challenge you. Instant “nope” for wanting to get to know you better. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Comments above are dead-on. Making a politcal/sociocultural hot-button comment or charged remark and expecting me to share it or challenge you. Instant “nope” for wanting to get to know you better. 

“…… fight me”. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/4/2024 at 7:22 AM, closetohumping said:

Educational purposes. Didn’t the government used to pay farmers to not grow their crops because they weren’t needed

Up until the 1996 “Freedom to Farm” bill yes.  Called it “setaside.”  Or more commonly, “government ground.”  There had been other programs like “PIK” and “zero 85l as well.

There are lots of farmers who hate subsidies (including subsidized crop insurance).  But as ISU has said, those subsidies distort the economics and you can’t compete without them.  It’s perverse.

Edited by Parliament

On 3/26/2024 at 3:04 AM, GoPokes83 said:

Who TF wears red to begin with? I won’t own or wear red clothing, hell I won’t even own a red car or truck even if it’s an unbelievable deal because fuck the land thieves! Completely irrational hatred for that shithole and everyone/thing associated with it seems perfectly rational to me.

My wife bought a multi-colored set of eight cereal bowls several years ago.  The set has one red bowl and one maroon bowl.  I have never once eaten out of either the red or maroon bowls, and when I put away dishes the red and maroon bowls always go on the bottom of the stack and the orange bowl goes on top.  My wife is a Sooner (graduate degrees), and I don't think she has ever noticed that the red bowl is always on the bottom. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 3/26/2024 at 3:04 AM, GoPokes83 said:

16 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

My wife bought a multi-colored set of eight cereal bowls several years ago.  The set has one red bowl and one maroon bowl.  I have never once eaten out of either the red or maroon bowls, and when I put away dishes the red and maroon bowls always go on the bottom of the stack and the orange bowl goes on top.  My wife is a Sooner (graduate degrees), and I don't think she has ever noticed that the red bowl is always on the bottom. 

200.webp

• Hook 'Em 3

Not sure if mentioned elsewhere:

We finally made our way to the movie theater to catch Dune 2 last night.  We had seats in the top row at the movie house eatery type place.

Next to us was a gal and then her boyfriend both solidly in their middle 40's. They had their feet propped up on the recliner stools, were holding hands and generally making googly eyes at each other.

Dude apparently thought he was at home because he had removed his shoes and socks.

Not only would I not like this person, but I wanted to kick his ass right there.

Fortunately, by the end of the movie I was more pissed off about paying $7.50 for each coke my kids ordered and forgot all about Shoeless Joe Jackdewsh.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

Posted (edited)
On 3/29/2024 at 2:59 PM, Guadaloopy said:

One time a long time ago when Coca Cola started doing the names on their 20oz bottles you can buy at a RaceTrac or something, they were doing them with college names/logos. 

I had told my son to go run and get me a coke while I wait in line and he came back with one that had OU on it. I sent him back to exchange it and told him that we need to be more careful in the future, because in this house we don't directly or indirectly support financially, emotionally, or otherwise, anything OU or OU-related.

They still talk about that incident to this day and try to use it as an example of me being irrational.

Edited by BeardIP
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

This dipshittery right here screams "You are a dipshit and I won't like you". 

06d000c51d076e140a0ff092e3ace6cb.jpg

When I see these types of trucks I always think that they must REALLY hate how their truck rides. I mean it must jar the shit out of them with those tiny tires and lift kit. But they think it look cool at the truck contests at the local sonic drive in. Good for them I guess.
  • Like 1

On 4/2/2024 at 10:19 PM, markstanco said:

When I see these types of trucks I always think that they must REALLY hate how their truck rides. I mean it must jar the shit out of them with those tiny tires and lift kit. But they think it look cool at the truck contests at the local sonic drive in. Good for them I guess.

You forgot how cool the white neon lights in the wheels look.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

22 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Anyone who’s ever complained about being “gaslit”

You’re betraying your insecurities and are obviously a psychotic narcissist.