Arch Manning Being "Arch"

LTtxfan

6 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Arch starting is likely when Ewers goes down in a game and Arch finishes it, then Ewers isn't back next game. Like Maalik, Arch takes over one game and then stars the next if and only if Ewers is still hurt.

Assuming Arch finishes out a win and looks good, the hype for the First Start may exceed Prime level. That hyperhype would be a certainty if the preserved win is 0U and the First Start is Jawja.

Assuming all that happens at some point, when Quinn is healthy and starts again, we will once more face the avalanche of internet BS saying Arch should start / is going to transfer / the Mannings are pissed, etc., etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Assuming all that happens at some point, when Quinn is healthy and starts again, we will once more face the avalanche of internet BS saying Arch should start / is going to transfer / the Mannings are pissed, etc., etc.

That, too. 

On 5/2/2024 at 10:50 AM, ousux said:

Good god, Arch really does have his choice...yet doesn't have to choose a gotdam thing unless he wants to.

I hope reincarnation is real, in my next life imma start lifting at 8 and badger my next dad to pay for personal QB coaching.

Why not just have your next dad be a Manning?

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, I wanna see Eli & Peyton doing some Uncular Boosting for their nephew. I'd even like to see Cooper in on it. Supposedly he was the most athletic of the SOA's, would be interesting to see the three of them together.

Arch’s first official start should be quite the media event. The media attention when that day comes will be large to say the least. Texas should tie up the media minutes exposure for CFB for most of that day. Dad and an uncle or two, Game Day most likely. Hopefully we kill it on the field to put a cap on it. 

People still think it’s a ridiculous idea, but I still say that I’d implement a plan where Arch gets the 3rd series of the game, regardless of score, with the 1’s. Even if he leads the team to a TD, FG, punt, or TO. Quinn comes out the next series.

Waiting on the waning minutes of a game is not game experience.

Hook’em!!!

• Like 2

People still think it’s a ridiculous idea, but I still say that I’d implement a plan where Arch gets the 3rd series of the game, regardless of score, with the 1’s. Even if he leads the team to a TD, FG, punt, or TO. Quinn comes out the next series.

Hook’em!!!
If Sark is serious about making some noise this season he won't even think of such a thing. Teams who do stuff like this don't really have a starting QB and/or they have two meh QB's with similar skills.

Not a knock on Arch at all, but how many two QB teams make it all the way? Bama a few years back yanking Hurts for Tua in the CCG doesn't really count.

• Hook 'Em 1

Personally I'd pull Quinn after the 3rd series if it seems like it is one his head up his ass games and let Manning run the rest of the game.  If that doesn't get QE to pay attention nothing will..

We’re not talking about a rotational 2-QB system. Just the third series of the game with the 1’s, in order to get real game time experience. One drive and watching from the sidelines isn’t going to kill Quinn’s stats for the year. It might even help him mentally.

Hook’em!!!

1 hour ago, msucolt45 said:

We’re not talking about a rotational 2-QB system. Just the third series of the game with the 1’s, in order to get real game time experience. One drive and watching from the sidelines isn’t going to kill Quinn’s stats for the year. It might even help him mentally.

Hook’em!!!

No. Stop. Stop this now. It's making my face hurt. 

• Haha 4

I’ve seen this implemented in CFB. If and hopefully not when, Quinn gets injured for a game or a week or so, I think we’ll all be glad that Arch has had “meaningful” reps.

Hook’em!!!

4 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

I’ve seen this implemented in CFB. If and hopefully not when, Quinn gets injured for a game or a week or so, I think we’ll all be glad that Arch has had “meaningful” reps.

Hook’em!!!

Have you ever seen the 10-yard minimum play?  2 QBs on the field.  Its genius.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, msucolt45 said:

Hook’em!!!

You’re a nice guy, but it’s a dumb idea.

scenario 1:  Quinn leads offense to 10 points on first two drives.  Arch comes in and throws an interception.  Opposing team scores on next drive.  We lose a close game by three.  Shit storm with fans and media ensues.  Arch has to wait until the next week to hopefully redeem himself, with only one drive to prove it.

scenario 2:  Offense is scoreless first two drives.  Arch comes in, scores a touchdown.  Quinn comes in the rest of the game but doesn’t have his best game.  Shit storm ensues.  Now we have a quarterback controversy.  Do you really want that?

Arch will see action this season, at the place and time of Sark’s choosing.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Putting a different qb in can make sense if it's someone who is far more talented than the starter but needs to run a special package of plays because of inexperience.  Bill Walsb did that with Joe Montana and Steve DeBerg.  That is not the case here.

2 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Hook’em!!!

I think this is a really smart idea. I would pull Quinn for the third series. Then bring in Arch for one play, then insert Trey Owens for one play, then insert Cole Lourd, who is clearly the future. Then keep Lourd as the full-time starter. Then sub Quinn and Arch back in in the second half when we are way ahead.

438706710-292406383960277-83623980862794    

• Haha 2

I'd effort to get big leads (I know, real cutting edge thought).  And then get Arch real reps running the offense once game is out of hand.

More than a decent chance Arch will need to play out of necessity.  These 12-15 game schedules lend themselves to needing QB depth for injuries.

23 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

I'd effort to get big leads (I know, real cutting edge thought).  And then get Arch real reps running the offense once game is out of hand.

More than a decent chance Arch will need to play out of necessity.  These 12-15 game schedules lend themselves to needing QB depth for injuries.

I bet Ewers will get hurt like he always does and then Manning will get a chance to take the starting job from him. 

If Ewers gets hurt behind this experienced o-line then may god have mercy on his soul because he prolly won't be getting the job back. Like Joel Klatt said, we have the best o-line in the country. There should be no reason for Ewers to get hurt, unless he goes full dumbass and runs into another linebacker instead of sliding. 

48 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

If Ewers gets hurt behind this experienced o-line then may god have mercy on his soul because he prolly won't be getting the job back. Like Joel Klatt said, we have the best o-line in the country. There should be no reason for Ewers to get hurt, unless he goes full dumbass and runs into another linebacker instead of sliding. 

Shit happens.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I’m not saying this isn’t possible, but can someone post the projected starting 5? 

(LT) Banks, Neto/Conner (I think Neto takes it from Conner), Majors, Campbell, Williams (RT)

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Eh Sark is too loyal to Ewers for that to happen.  Would fans and media be blowing it up that he should start, sure.  But I’d bet if Manning came in and and for two games has 3-5td’s and no int’s a game, Sark still starts Ewers when he’s healthy.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1

Eh Sark is too loyal to Ewers for that to happen.  Would fans and media be blowing it up that he should start, sure.  But I’d bet if Manning came in and and for two games has 3-5td’s and no int’s a game, Sark still starts Ewers when he’s healthy.  

No kidding, he is very loyal to QE. Not to a fault like Dabo, mainly because he does have to with a proven product. I wonder if he would be the same October 1st if QE has a so-so start.

38 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Yeah, true. Obviously you gotta go with the guy who's been in the system since day 1. He wouldn't make it a controversy, but the media would be out of control. 

On 5/4/2024 at 3:33 PM, TreatyOak said:

I think this is a really smart idea. I would pull Quinn for the third series. Then bring in Arch for one play, then insert Trey Owens for one play, then insert Cole Lourd, who is clearly the future. Then keep Lourd as the full-time starter. Then sub Quinn and Arch back in in the second half when we are way ahead.

438706710-292406383960277-83623980862794    

FIFY

image.thumb.png.fc96fd6775ce60999f13fbed78363396.png

• Hook 'Em 1

A key to “meaningful snaps” has always been letting QB2 run the full playbook and try to score. Running draws and off tackle to RB3 doesn’t get your QB2 ready to step in when needed. Mack was the softest, but most of our coaches have been too “classy” to do it much. Screw the other team’s coach if it’s our backup O still putting up points. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So do you leave all the other first-stringers in during a blowout to get QB2 the time? You leave them in and risk injury to them for the rewards of MAYBE adding a little bit to a QB2 you might not even really need this year?

There are reasons coaches don't do this, and it's not just to prevent hurt feelings.

14 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

So do you leave all the other first-stringers in during a blowout to get QB2 the time? You leave them in and risk injury to them for the rewards of MAYBE adding a little bit to a QB2 you might not even really need this year?

There are reasons coaches don't do this, and it's not just to prevent hurt feelings.

You can play the entire second string. It’s about the plays that get called. Are they cohesive and aggressive and represent plays that any of the backups, not just the QB, may be faced with when it’s their turn to play with the 1’s? Or is it just pointless dive plays to kill clock?

• Like 2

On 5/6/2024 at 6:52 PM, Spider2YBanana said:

This right here.