Week 1 2023 - Rice @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

Before you and your brother take a 3-year-old to an afternoon football game, I suggest that you bring him to your viewing of the Bama game at your house, turn off the A/C, and make him (the 3-yr-old, not the Bro) stand in front of you. For at least two hours. If he needs to pee, you accompany him - i.e., carry him, walk completely around the block before heading to the bathroom, and do not under any circumstances rewind the game to see what you missed. No wife or SIL is allowed to enter the TV room or communicate with you or the toddler in any way other than cell phone. 
Are you starting to see your folly?
But no, go ahead and do it. You'll laugh about it in twenty years/ Maybe.

His mother leaves him in a locked cars in parking lots to better acclimate him to the weather. She got that idea from Scandinavians that let their newborns nap outside in sub zero temperatures.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Ewers will come out for at least the first possession after the half unless he gets hurt.
That's fine, but if we're up 30+ at the half I want to see mostly backups out there the rest of the game. We need to roll into Bama 100% strength. (Minus Mo Blackwell)

2 minutes ago, Candi Fisther said:

His mother leaves him in a locked cars in parking lots to better acclimate him to the weather. She got that idea from Scandinavians that let their newborns nap outside in sub zero temperatures.

She needs a larger microwave oven for that.

Statewide, sure. Not sure if 2011 was a worse drought for centex but it's at least the same color.
Southwest Fort Worth here, got a little rain shower yesterday evening. Just enough to settle the dust, but I'll take it.

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

My brother in Christ, there is no argument.IMG_7521.jpgIMG_7520.jpg

Pisgah

Texas 75946 https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-att-us-revc&sca_esv=560734445&sxsrf=AB5stBjO0VeBtbbCc275O44BscecUG3ZBQ:1693252630715&q=Pisgah&ludocid=10304112568873139890&ibp=gwp;0,7&lsig=AB86z5W7UM3jWSlVaXrzBOFrDTcE&kgs=150a4e70052aa863&shndl=-1&shem=lbsc,lsp&source=sh/x/kp/local/m1/2

Can't get the damned thing to embed but basically temps and dry conditions are at this exact spot.

For a comparative reference, it was 106° in the shade of course at 11:50am yesterday and 109° at 1pm.

Edited by SHOOTER12

Just put down a bet on Texas -47.5   I'm getting +475 on that action, which is nice. 

I now have Texas -34.5 for $50 11-10

I have Texas -35 for $25- 11-10

Texas -35.5 under 59.5- +290 ($10 bet)

Texas -41.5 under 74.5 +275 ($5.00 bet)

Texas -47.5 + 475 ($5.00 bet). 

So, if Texas wins something like 56-3 or 59-0 or 51-3 I go ahead and win all the bets and walk with somethin 150.00  If Rice covers I lose all 95. I like where I'm at on all these bets other than this- I'd rather jump them all x10. But my gambling partner won't let me.  

I think we is gonna be good and club some baby seals here fellas.  

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Texas 52
Arroz 10

My pops had heart surgery this morning and will be recovering for the next 6 weeks. What I need from the horns, at least this week, is a proper ass kicking with no drama to excite the old man.

what about the erection for 2 hours when Ewers goes 17-18, 307 yards, and 4 TDs?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, BornOrange said:

All home games before October should be played at night.

The hater in me is hoping that the crowd for an early September 2:30 afternoon game against Rice is just god awful so that they learn something.

The realist in me says the crowd will be ok and there will be no change.

3 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

The hater in me is hoping that the crowd for an early September 2:30 afternoon game against Rice is just god awful so that they learn something.

The realist in me says the crowd will be ok and there will be no change.

Fox doesn't care either way though...

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Texas 52
Arroz 10

My pops had heart surgery this morning and will be recovering for the next 6 weeks. What I need from the horns, at least this week, is a proper ass kicking with no drama to excite the old man.

Best wishes to pops for a full and speedy recovery. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Just put down a bet on Texas -47.5   I'm getting +475 on that action, which is nice. 

I now have Texas -34.5 for $50 11-10

I have Texas -35 for $25- 11-10

Texas -35.5 under 59.5- +290 ($10 bet)

Texas -41.5 under 74.5 +275 ($5.00 bet)

Texas -47.5 + 475 ($5.00 bet). 

So, if Texas wins something like 56-3 or 59-0 or 51-3 I go ahead and win all the bets and walk with somethin 150.00  If Rice covers I lose all 95. I like where I'm at on all these bets other than this- I'd rather jump them all x10. But my gambling partner won't let me.  

I think we is gonna be good and club some baby seals here fellas.  

E1F1BB2E-EA2D-44AA-81F3-8562DD457C09.thumb.jpeg.806f71cde5701ff518e099a4314e126f.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, stork642 said:

E1F1BB2E-EA2D-44AA-81F3-8562DD457C09.thumb.jpeg.806f71cde5701ff518e099a4314e126f.jpeg

Last year my account ended the college football season with 2.6X what we put into it.  I love to gamble. I tend to get into trouble when I bet the board.  I'm gambling now with a guy that's pretty tight ass and does away with my worst tendencies.  We either got lucky last year or else we are professional level gamblers.  So far this year we are +25 on $60 wagered so that's a good start to week 0.  If you figure out how much time we spent on this we are each making 74 cents an hour.  But that beats losing.  

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, JBJ said:

45-10, people will have anxiety over how Rice outscored us 10-3 in the 4Q.

that would give me zero anxiety.  this is the perfect game to see a lot of different people play.  take our starters out as early as possible to keep them from getting injured.

whole lotta wussiness going on up in here.  you guys are complaining that its going to be too hot.  you're going to be sitting down, wearing comfortable clothes, holding a cold beverage, expending zero energy.  and your whiny asses want to lodge a formal complaint.  the players will be in full pads, practically running wind sprints for 3 hours, and theyve been doing it all summer.  all you gotta do is sit there and clap (if you can see yourself to it).  do as all a favor and stay home and give your tickets to someone with a little more grit in their character.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

that would give me zero anxiety.  this is the perfect game to see a lot of different people play.  take our starters out as early as possible to keep them from getting injured.

Winning by 35 would frustrate a certain segment of the fan base.

• immamac changed the title to Week 1 2023 - Rice @ Texas
  • immamac locked this topic