Florida @ Utah (7pm ESPN) (+ NC State @ UConn (6:30pm CBSSN))

texifornia

A shockingly decent Thursday night to kick off Week One!

Leading off while you get your beer and dips ready - NC State goes to Storrs in one of the weirdest home game matchups of the year.

Then the real meat of the night:

Matt Rhule Nebraska Football starts off Rowing the Boat in Minneapolis. 

And the marquee OOC game - a wounded Utah (Cam Rising is still injured - his backup is experienced but not as good) hosts a Florida team that's trying to prove that Billy Napier hasn't been a desperately disappointing hire.

usatsi-13856164-69aa8fce-d65c-4396-b4d9-

cab1a12dfbcf2b64b3c5048e9719647d--basket

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Drool 2

16 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Have a sneaking feeling Florida is going to win with Rising not playing.

I have a sneaking feeling that Utah is going to beat Florida with their third string QB

Going on the road to Utah is no joke

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

A shockingly decent Thursday night to kick off Week One!

Leading off while you get your beer and dips ready - NC State goes to Storrs in one of the weirdest home game matchups of the year.

Then the real meat of the night:

Matt Rhule Nebraska Football starts off Rowing the Boat in Minneapolis. 

And the marquee OOC game - a wounded Utah (Cam Rising is still injured - his backup is experienced but not as good) hosts a Florida team that's trying to prove that Billy Napier hasn't been a desperately disappointing hire.

cab1a12dfbcf2b64b3c5048e9719647d--basket

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Fud said:

I have a sneaking feeling that Utah is going to beat Florida with their third string QB

Going on the road to Utah is no joke

Probably this

I hope that the D line lives up to the pre-season hype, and that it wasn't just a case the Gata O line sucking.  

We will see if we Mertz is any good,  I think at Wisky he basically only threw the ball on 3rd down, but that didn't go well.  Florida has the RBs to MAKE defenses worry about the run (If the O line is serviceable)  insert Gata coach (here) has proven he will run the ball.

I looking out for young WRs to step up.  IMO Douglass is a guy to watch out for.

Special teams, I have no idea.

13 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

I'm thinking Minnesota mudholes Nebraska

UConn/NCSt should be close

I think Nebraska will give Minnesota a game. 

I'm kind of surprised folks think UConn/NC State will be a game. XM 84 was talking about it as such today as well. I guess I'm not giving Mora enough credit because I've assumed NC State will basically pitch a shutout and win something like 38-0.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

I'm thinking Minnesota mudholes Nebraska

UConn/NCSt should be close

Interested to see how Minnesota performs this year.  I think Fleck has used the same starting QB for the entire time he is been there.  Kid started as a freshmen, got a COVID season, and a medical redshirt season.  I believe they had several other long tenured players graduate too.  

As for NU, can't get much worse.  The team should have enough talent to be competitive with most of their schedule and game day coaching hopefully will improve.  That said, new system and little depth in some key spots.  

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I think Nebraska will give Minnesota a game. 

I'm kind of surprised folks think UConn/NC State will be a game. XM 84 was talking about it as such today as well. I guess I'm not giving Mora enough credit because I've assumed NC State will basically pitch a shutout and win something like 38-0.

Me too. Mora coached UConn up to bowl eligible, which is great for them, but NC State should be a solidly middle-of-the-pack (heh) ACC team with a really experienced QB in Brennan Armstrong and no more Tim Beck.

Are people excited about the raucous atmosphere in (checks Google) Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field?

• texifornia changed the title to Florida @ Utah (7pm ESPN) (+ NC State @ UConn (6:30pm CBSSN))