Week 2, 2023: Texas @ Alabama

Wulaw Horn

There’s a bunch of National “talking heads” that have said that not only do we have a chance to cover the spread, but win the game outright.

It’s going to be an interesting game and see if we’ve lost the “soft” moniker. I thought last year proved that, but I digress. We can do this, but IMO the 1st Qtr will tell the tale or set the tone.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, crash_davis said:

I predict Milroe will throw at least 2 INTs in the game, one to Ford. They are going to have some success when Milroe goes off plan with his feet. Can't stop that shit all the time. If we can score more than 17 points, we win.

I agree. 

If we can make Milroe throw more than he wants to,  and I think we can,  our secondary can make some plays.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

lulz

Besides just t-shirts for TX-OU games and one aggy related shirt, I can say I never had a shirt or other paraphernalia relative Texas playing some other school.  I don’t get why our non-rivals do this.

Incidentally, the one aggy related shirt I had from back in the ‘80s had “OU suxs” in the front “But aTm swallows” in the back.  Funny at the time, and accurate based on girls I knew then from both schools.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, torre said:

http://atlantamafia.com/Big_12_Transports.htm

The current trailer does look somewhat mundane compared to the past.    Scroll down link above to see past trailers.

Back to the most important issue,   Beat Alabama !

image.thumb.jpeg.905fc8e63d21991e42ea7e42f33dc614.jpeg

This is free advertising for Mack and UNC. We should just show some hands cradling the crystal ball.

• Rage+1 1

24 minutes ago, MrBig said:

This is free advertising for Mack and UNC. We should just show some hands cradling the crystal ball.

fuck that... had mccoy not gone down, we'd have another crystal trophy to hold over their heads... that we'd won from them... fuck off scooter, you're drunk and them hemorrhoids are acting up...

Edited by ChickenNuggets
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I’ll take Studdard despite the height difference and fake fighting experience. 

Maybe right now today because Taker is beat to shit. In his prime, not a chance. Just because it’s “fake” on tv, doesn’t mean a lot of them can’t fight in real life. Too many stories out there. 

besides, I’d rather pick someone like Orakpo than Studdard

3 hours ago, 89Horn said:

Besides just t-shirts for TX-OU games and one aggy related shirt, I can say I never had a shirt or other paraphernalia relative Texas playing some other school.  I don’t get why our non-rivals do this.

Incidentally, the one aggy related shirt I had from back in the ‘80s had “OU suxs” in the front “But aTm swallows” in the back.  Funny at the time, and accurate based on girls I knew then from both schools.

Ha!  I think I had that one as well.  I'm pretty sure the first purchase I made from the Co-op, in addition to books, was a "10 Reasons I Didn't Go to A&M" shirt.  I thought it funny at the time.

9 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

i'm sure he's a great dude. gimme kasey studdard in a street fight.

Taker is a tough motherfucker. He once got set on fire by his pyro entrance on the way to the ring and then wrestled a 45 minute pay per view match with 3rd degree burns because he refused to cancel the show.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Longhorn fans - your equipment trailer looks cheap

Posted on 9/8/23 at 3:09 pm
up vote26down vote6
TuStVOn_d.webp.f4d3732d8302be728f1ee868fa5d879c.webp05COLLEGESweb3-articleLarge.webp.4293f3e887659c1ae68ce7a514bcf100.webp

Besides the order of magnitude of endowment difference, doesn't newer semi trucks tend Not to have exposed exhaust like that bama truck?

Edited by Zuerst

36 minutes ago, Zuerst said:

Besides the order of magnitude of endowment difference, doesn't newer semi trucks tend Not to have exposed exhaust like that bama truck?

Most trucks can come with either side exit or behind the sleeper exhausts depending on yada yada yada.

Edited by GringoSalado

Our offense struggled in week one last year, scoring 38 points and generating under 400 yards of offense. Bama blew the doors off of Utah State 55-0.

Same thing this year, offense struggles and scores 37 points, while Bama puts 56 on the board.

Our defense is better than their offense across the board. If our OL can play a stalemate like last year for most of the game, Texas will win.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 2

4 hours ago, 89Horn said:

I still have that shirt, original from the '80s.

• Hook 'Em 2