Week 2: Texas @ Bama score prediction

Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Saban is 25-2 against former assistants with an average margin of victory of almost 24 points. 

Bama 38

Texas 17

It's actually 28-2 against former assistants. (Link)

That is an impressive 93.3 % winning percentage.

Saban's time winning percentage at Alabama : 87.5%

That isn't a super significant difference. He beats everyone.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gandalfish said:

It's actually 28-2 against former assistants. (Link)

That is an impressive 93.3 % winning percentage.

Saban's time winning percentage at Alabama : 87.5%

That isn't a super significant difference. He beats everyone.

I'm not going to look it up and do the math, but my guess is that any difference is more than accounted for by the fact that he has played most of his former assistants after he got Bama really humming and a lot of those other losses are in the first few years.

I'm new to streaming TV so this may be a normal expectation.

But just FYI, the game will be in 4K on YouTube TV.

Not sure if that actually means 1080P HDP upconverted or if it means it was filmed in 4K.

Might need to tune in via the ESPN app?  Not sure how that all works.

Might also need to make sure your browser supports 4K?  

image.png.f9359e7253f888c034f7671d9d9c6fcc.png

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/6/2023 at 7:22 AM, Harvdog said:

Some of the vaginitis on this board is hilarious.  There was NO real game plan for Rice.  It was vanilla on both offense and defense. This date has been circled since they walked off the field last September in Austin.   This is a statement game.

Texas will be ready to play and WIN

Texas 31

Gumps 17

382 offense for Bama 

i'm not sure about the last part, but after the way sark dealt with anwar in the monday presser, the bolded part is absolutely confirmed

of course it's a statement game if we win

i don't think so if we lose

i think too many people believe this is sark's waterloo

regular season on the road helmet wins are rare because the opportunities to get those wins are rare

On 9/6/2023 at 9:31 PM, ATXbronco said:

I'm new to streaming TV so this may be a normal expectation.

But just FYI, the game will be in 4K on YouTube TV.

Not sure if that actually means 1080P HDP upconverted or if it means it was filmed in 4K.

Might need to tune in via the ESPN app?  Not sure how that all works.

Might also need to make sure your browser supports 4K?  

image.png.f9359e7253f888c034f7671d9d9c6fcc.png

According to this guy the Texas-Alabama game will be filmed with the 4k cameras for the “ESPN game of the week”

Available on directv and YouTube TV on special channels

https://tvanswerman.com/2023/09/05/will-espn-air-alabama-texas-in-4k-is-the-4k-game-of-the-week-alive/?expand_article=1

Edited by Wilcox Cummingtonite
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i'm not sure about the last part, but after the way sark dealt with anwar in the monday presser, the bolded part is absolutely confirmed

of course it's a statement game if we win

i don't think so if we lose

i think too many people believe this is sark's waterloo

regular season on the road helmet wins are rare because the opportunities to get those wins are rare

Agree with this. I’m pretty down on Sark overall compared to the rest of the board, but unless he pulls another Arkansas I won’t be writing him off just because we lose this game. Alabama is flawed by Alabama standards, but this is still an incredibly hard win to pull off.

9 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

According to this guy the Texas-Alabama game will be filmed with the 4k cameras for the “ESPN game of the week”

Available on directv and YouTube TV on special channels

https://tvanswerman.com/2023/09/05/will-espn-air-alabama-texas-in-4k-is-the-4k-game-of-the-week-alive/?expand_article=1

Thanks for posting that - the last I'd read was ESPN wasn't going to do 4K any longer.  Your link addresses that rumor:

But there have been some sad faces on 4K owners during the last week because of one report that said ESPN would not do the 4K Game of the Week during the 2023 season. I received a handful of e-mails from worried readers asking if the report was true. Well, folks, I am happy to report that it was not true. ESPN will do the 4K Game of the Week this season, starting with Saturday’s 7 p.m. ET (September 9) matchup between 11th ranked Texas and 3rd Alabama. DIRECTV, DIRECTV Stream and YouTube TV are expected to offer the 4K broadcast on special 4K channels.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, satyanash said:

Alabama 34

Texas 20

Offense has regressed badly with the loss of Bijan + Roschon and no improvement from Ewers. Defense will keep us in it for a while, but fade due to exhaustion late after all the three-and-outs.

This makes me feel.......relieved.  Would be very concerned if you were confident 

Milroe stuggles after his first read. Will force a few throws and be running any chance he gets. 

Oline at Bama has issues, Texas will contain the run game but give Milroe a few long runs. 

Ewers will have another good game, but not great. 

Texas 28

Bama 24

I would have it more but this game is in Tuscaloosa. Bama doesn't have the workhorses in Gibbs and Bryce Young. 

Don't expect any calls to go Texas way either. 

Edited by Blackcat00

On 9/6/2023 at 11:58 AM, The Dog said:

Bama 38

Texas 24

Bama with 450. 

Milroe kills our tired defense with QB scrambles late in the game to seal it for the Tide. 

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a repeat of the Arkansas game a couple of years ago though. 

Yeah sadly this is where I’m at too. 
Hope we’re wrong and this D fucks their shit up. I don’t have much hope for the offense or momentum being on our side in this one. 

I have no idea what to expect in this game. My gut says something like Bama 28-17 as they dictate pace, grinding out long drives and not allowing us to find rhythm on offense…but then there’s that dog gone koolaid brain with his annual “this feels different”. I can’t say “no”. 

Longhorns 28

Bama 21