Game Day Experience 2023

Bullneck

45 minutes ago, The_highest_of_fives said:

reminded me of Swoopes TD against Domers.  Also, I know this has been said but the student section has really come into their own, they are making a difference.

Best the student section has ever been. Their location plus the first come first serve is huge in that. Not shoving them in the upper deck helps as well.

1 hour ago, The_highest_of_fives said:

reminded me of Swoopes TD against Domers.  Also, I know this has been said but the student section has really come into their own, they are making a difference.

There wasnt an empty seat in the stadium except in the south endzone. Wtf was that about? Half the seats were empty...

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Atmosphere on Saturday was definitely better than the Wyoming game, then the PA was so loud and omnipresent than it just took the crowd out of the game entirely. They seem to have adjusted and found a happy medium that gives the gen Zs their club music and smoke while letting the crowd get into the game. Works for me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

There wasnt an empty seat in the stadium except in the south endzone. Wtf was that about? Half the seats were empty...

Same as it always is - easier and more comfortable to watch from the club inside. Especially with most of the crucial plays happening in the north endzone.

On 10/29/2023 at 10:11 PM, Hookem2147 said:

Have they always tried to do the stupid Texas Fight cheer after every first down or is that something new they are trying to shove down our throats?

On 10/29/2023 at 10:31 PM, PantsTent said:

The latter.

On 10/29/2023 at 10:54 PM, TrashMaster G said:

It's new and it's fucking pathetic.

I remember when we made fun of Kansas State for doing it back in the day.

I want that stadium DJ guy DEAD! I want his family DEAD! i want his house burned to the ground!

You can thank CDC for that, it is 100% a TCU thing.

Announcer: "Aaaaand that's another First Down, T..C..U--"

Crowd: "FROGS!!"

5 hours ago, YGIFS said:

When they showed us the new load-in/load-out ingress/egress plan awhile back when the new SEZ opened up, and then showed up the alternate plan...even my dumbass could tell it was a mistake waiting to happen.  If people didn't get physically hurt, they'd at least give each other the flu or lice.  They obviously went with the stupid plan this time around.  I posted on this awhile back, about the chokepoints but was negged for it.  We need a serious, independent overhaul of our logistics and gameday experience.  This is fucked up for an athletic department of our size.

Someone said it had been this way all year. Maybe, but I was at the Kansas game and had no problem at all leaving. This was an absolute clusterfuck. Absolutely an unforced error. People were pissed. 

16 hours ago, texifornia said:

Same as it always is - easier and more comfortable to watch from the club inside. Especially with most of the crucial plays happening in the north endzone.

16 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

It is a bad fucking look. Lots of people were making comments about it. So many open seats. Pathetic.

It looks awful, but in their defense, they would probably be deaf if they sat outdoors under the jumbotron all game. 

• Like 1

This is one of the major problems we have had with the gameday experience... No night games mean you bake in sun early in the year and kills the carnival vibe from tailgating.

Have more night games and all of a sudden the game day environment feels electric. Part of this is the quality of the opponent faced but most was dictated by the shittastic Fox premier timeslot being early and so the fan excitement level (and drunk debauchery) was limited.

Edited by Laxtonto
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

This is one of the major problems we have had with the gameday experience... No night games mean you bake in sun early in the year and kills the carnival vibe from tailgating.

Have more night games and all of a sudden the game day environment feels electric. Part of this is the quality of the opponent faced but most was dictated by the shittastic Fox premier timeslot being early and so the fan excitement level (and drunk debauchery) was limited.

Yeah, f fox and their big 11am bullshit firever.  That's about the only thing I'm looking forward to with the conf move.

Edited by WBT

On 10/29/2023 at 11:08 AM, blacklab said:

Bob Cole is still an idiot and talks to much. Continued to talk after the snap several times. Heard at least 2 wrong announcements.

Unforgivable. I am the stadium announcer for the local HS football games. Talking during the play would get me shit canned.

By wrong announcements you mean called the wrong player?

On 10/29/2023 at 2:49 PM, TrashMaster G said:

Yep. It was much better.

Now, if someone would just hit that DJ dude over the head with a shovel and go bury him out in a pasture sonewhere, we'd be in great shape.

Maybe just set up a meeting with him in a nice cornfield somewhere ...

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/29/2023 at 2:03 PM, Boss Hogg said:

lol 

Shoutout to the fat black guy not wearing a shirt that is shown at least 30 times a game with his titties bouncing all over the place. 

Gyrating Manboob Hellraiser is a menace and must be stopped before someone gets hurt.

And yeah, he's been black every time I've seen him, but maybe he color-shifts or something.

• Haha 1

On 10/29/2023 at 10:55 PM, Had Enough said:

We were treated very well when visiting BYU. Someone anonymously bought our dinner Friday night. They were good at the game too. They must have treated Manny _iaz well too since he was not interested in _efending them.

Fixed. Never forget, there is no D in _iaz.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, wood said:

Gyrating Manboob Hellraiser is a menace and must be stopped before someone gets hurt.

And yeah, he's been black every time I've seen him, but maybe he color-shifts or something.

I missed the game last weekend. I bet those tittays were bouncing in OT. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Which one of y'all brought the "Get your grades up, or get your guns up" sign? Thank you, whoever you are.

I have to say the game experience is much improved over earlier in the season, minus the trash Tech fan who picked me for some reason to get in my face the two or three times Tech actually did something good. I will not miss these dimwit hillbilly fucks one bit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Still some things I'd change, but more replays, less Manboob Hellraiser (actually can't remember a Hellraiser shot all night), loud but reasonable volume on the PA, etc are all good things.

I don’t recall the Hellraisers either. The replays were better. Some more Longhorn band and you’re getting close to having right.
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, wood said:

Still some things I'd change, but more replays, less Manboob Hellraiser (actually can't remember a Hellraiser shot all night), loud but reasonable volume on the PA, etc are all good things.

I actually felt the PA volume was too low last night.  Almost too low to even hear sometimes.  Not sure why they can’t get it right. 

9 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Some more Longhorn band and you’re getting close to having right.

I love the LHB - love them - but it seemed like they played something on every down last night, even when we were on offense. 

At least they have a few different snippets of music to play in between downs, but I hope they don't turn into ... some other bands that play the same song on every play, good or bad.

5 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Definitely one of the most subdued crowds I’ve seen.  Really didn’t get loud until Arch came it and brought a little life into the stadium. 

What game were you at? This was one of the better crowds of the season. Even the students made it by kickoff. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, hornbri said:

What game were you at? This was one of the better crowds of the season. Even the students made it by kickoff. 

I did notice that, just didn’t feel like the stadium had much “juice”. Maybe it was just my section??

I love the LHB - love them - but it seemed like they played something on every down last night, even when we were on offense. 
At least they have a few different snippets of music to play in between downs, but I hope they don't turn into ... some other bands that play the same song on every play, good or bad.

Im on the opposite side so maybe that impacts my perspective.

On 11/7/2023 at 12:53 PM, Texas Wahoo said:

They can enclose the loading dock without blocking the whole street.

Trapping 50,000 fans and then treating them like children is a huge safety hazard and a complete dick move. It should not take 30 minutes to squeeze 50,000 people through a bottle neck. And then to have security/game staff say “you can go around…” No. You cannot fucking go around when you’re in the middle of 50,000 people going in one direction. It blocked the  ramps from the upper deck about 3 floors up.

Whoever came up with that “solution” should be fired. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 2:53 PM, texifornia said:

On 11/6/2023 at 2:55 PM, The_Great_Hornsby said:

It is a bad fucking look. Lots of people were making comments about it. So many open seats. Pathetic.

They should double the capacity of the South Endzone and sell club passes and seats.  You get one or the other and don’t go back and forth.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, hornbri said:

This game was like a champagne bottle being opened after being shaken for 14 years. The cork finally popped when Arch came in. 

4 hours ago, EZ$ said:

I actually felt the PA volume was too low last night.  Almost too low to even hear sometimes.  Not sure why they can’t get it right. 

We were under the overhang and the music sounded good but yeah any of the announcing was distorted. We moved lower late in the game & it all sounded great.

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It was loud enough to force their QB to have to go and walk his whole OL with audibles. 

Yeah I dunno what he's talking about. That crowd was consistently loud all night, even when we were on D up 30, 40, or even 50 points. That was a great crowd.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EZ$ said:

I did notice that, just didn’t feel like the stadium had much “juice”. Maybe it was just my section??

Dude we were loud all night. My kid has worked valet outside the stadium every home game this year and even he said he couldn't believe how loud the crowd was all night.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, wood said:

Indeed. Needs to stop. I wonder if any of them noticed that the strongest Texas Fight of the night was started organically by the fans and not the mic guy.

he is so fucking annoying.  someone with some pull needs to tell CDC to stop the PA with the "First Down Texas..Fight" (we are not Kstate or Kansas) and stop the DJ from yelling Texas Fight.  we know what the fuck to do when the cheerleaders hold up the signs or start the cheer.

the new rules and 3.5 to 4 minute commercial breaks have caused our gameday people to think they need to fill that time with stupid G5, Minor league baseball bullshit.

Also, the jumbotron was ridiculously loud again

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, wood said:

Yeah I dunno what he's talking about. That crowd was consistently loud all night, even when we were on D up 30, 40, or even 50 points. That was a great crowd.

It was masked a bit by all the longer than usual injury stoppages.  There were about 5 that were longer than 5 min plus the injury which called in the cart.

pretty awesome atmosphere last night. I think they got most things right. Tech fans were like "oooh drones"

only minor quibbles on items that still have not be corrected

• i dont know if all entrances are a clusterfuck, but gate 7 is SO BAD.
  • the visiting team buses again blocked San Jacinto, but because the game didnt go to the wire, the exiting crowd wasn't as large/packed (unlike KState), so it really wasnt an issue. Still an issue IMO though.