We might be headed to the SEC but we can never embrace the SEC

Thatguy

2 minutes ago, troph said:

SWC was a little different back in the day, especially after Arky left it was just a Texas league and for a while one that was able to hang. there was plenty to be proud of in the SWC. the Big 12 was a marriage of convenience but it was a lot less to be proud about. The SEC though? Yeah fuck that crap. There is nothing about Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Kentucky, Alabama, Florida, Georgia and South Carolina that makes me say, yeah I'm proud to be in that group. NOTHING.

But, we get to claim more national championships when our conference mates win /aggy

10 minutes ago, troph said:

SWC was a little different back in the day, especially after Arky left it was just a Texas league and for a while one that was able to hang. there was plenty to be proud of in the SWC. the Big 12 was a marriage of convenience but it was a lot less to be proud about. The SEC though? Yeah fuck that crap. There is nothing about Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Kentucky, Alabama, Florida, Georgia and South Carolina that makes me say, yeah I'm proud to be in that group. NOTHING.

Who was hanging with Nebraska, Miami, Florida State or Alabama from 1992 to 1995. Are you saying aggy? Best they did was #7.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Southwest_Conference_football_standings

Edited by DanTheHorn

21 hours ago, ballrific said:

Did you go to Columbus in 05?  If not, I'd like to hear from anyone who did and also attended this last weekend.  Curious on the comparison because I find it hard to believe anything could be worse than Columbus.  The comment about being just with the wife and not with a large group made me think of that 05 game.  One thing I noticed with those buckeye morons and I bet it applied with the bama yokels as well, was that they usually didn't say anything to you if you were a huge dude or 6'0"+.  Pussies usually operate that way, especially in large groups.

Fans in Columbus were much more hostile than in Tuscaloosa, in my personal experience at least.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Who was hanging with Nebraska, Miami, Florida State or Alabama from 1992 to 1995. Are you saying aggy? Best they did was #7.

Conference was considered a major conference and wasn’t the mountain west or the American athletic conference or whatever the fuck they are called and didn’t fold… until it did.  

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

You gotta remember conferences were different back in the day. Miami was in the big east. These conferences were a lot less potent. A couple good teams at most with the rest being also-rans.

2 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

In the English Premier League, the club would identify the fans involved and ban them from the stadium.  It's not that hard.  You can figure out where those seats are pretty easily.  I mean--there are yardlines right there on the field.  The seats are around the 45-yard line on the east side.

If it's a season ticket holder, ban them.  If it's someone to whom a season ticket holder sold his seats, you get the receipts and ban that person.  It's not hard.  I mean, if West Ham can do it, I imagine a major American university can figure it out.

That they don't indicates that they're not nearly so disgusted as they protest.

• Hook 'Em 8

18 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

You gotta remember conferences were different back in the day. Miami was in the big east. These conferences were a lot less potent. A couple good teams at most with the rest being also-rans.

Texas and A&M were enough to keep the SWC alive for a good while (especially with Texas-OU as a game every year) until TV deals started really ramping up.

27 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

In the English Premier League, the club would identify the fans involved and ban them from the stadium.  It's not that hard.  You can figure out where those seats are pretty easily.  I mean--there are yardlines right there on the field.  The seats are around the 45-yard line on the east side.

If it's a season ticket holder, ban them.  If it's someone to whom a season ticket holder sold his seats, you get the receipts and ban that person.  It's not hard.  I mean, if West Ham can do it, I imagine a major American university can figure it out.

That they don't indicates that they're not nearly so disgusted as they protest.

I mean, have you EVER sat in a student section?!  The odds are pretty slim they can identify which student was sitting where.  Not to mention you don't have any visual on who was saying anything, so unless you get some witnesses to point something out, Alabama ain't doing crap.  'Bama will probably chalk this up as a win, as they managed to go 16 seconds on video without saying the N word towards an opposing team, which might be a record in the state of Alamaba.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, troph said:

Conference was considered a major conference and wasn’t the mountain west or the American athletic conference or whatever the fuck they are called and didn’t fold… until it did.  

You said they could hang after Arky left and the SWC was a royal mess at the end. So don't give me history stick to what you said.

Edited by DanTheHorn

2 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

I mean, have you EVER sat in a student section?!  The odds are pretty slim they can identify which student was sitting where.  Not to mention you don't have any visual on who was saying anything, so unless you get some witnesses to point something out, Alabama ain't doing crap.  'Bama will probably chalk this up as a win, as they managed to go 16 seconds on video without saying the N word towards an opposing team, which might be a record in the state of Alamaba.

That isn't the student section.  The student section only extends to about the 35-yard line.  This is at least a full section over from the student section.

Between witnesses and video and voice recognition, the University could figure out who this was if it wanted to.  But you're right--they don't really want to.  They'll just stick by their semi-apology and quietly be happy that there isn't an audible N-bomb dropped.

• Hook 'Em 1

All of the talk of the nostalgia of prior conferences and missing teams we used to play and such. I don't get any of it. I hate or view with disdain almost every prior series we've shed over the last 30 years. I've spoilered my bloviating, but I thought the reminiscing and thinking about the SEC on this thread was interesting.

Spoiler

I like that Texas still works to play Rice. I am glad Texas is going to get to play OU, Arkansas, and ATM every year again. I was happy to be done with Arkansas and then ATM, but given what is being given up to return to those rivalries, yeah, fuck it, I'd rather play them.

It helps that we've historically owned Arkansas and ATM and there is no reason to think it will be any different in the future. Specifically for Arkansas, I think Sarkisian learned some important shit on that trip to Fayetteville in 2021 and it won't be forgotten. Getting up for OU and ATM for Texas players should never be an issue. 

So who are we leaving? 

Baylor? They have been a dingleberry clinging to the hairy ass of Texas for a century. They've covered up murder and institutionalized the enablement of rape within their athletic department. They're literally an evil entity. Good riddance.

Texas Tech? Another clinger who brings nothing to the table. It's an ugly road trip against an uninteresting program and opponent and they live to play that one game each year. Texas is better as an institution by decoupling from that shit stain of an organization.

TCU? I don't particularly have anything against them, but I don't really like them. See ya.

SMU? Never again, hopefully. 

UH? We were purposeful in dumping those mouthbreathing frauds when they pulled the BleacherGate stunt two decades ago and laughed at us when we expected better from them.

I visited West Virginia for a game. Fuck those hillbilly babies and their idiotic attempt at making us a rival.

Iowa State, KU, KSU and OSU have always been fearful stepbrothers born out of a marriage of a convenience. Good riddance and I hope to never play any of them in anything ever again unless it is in the postseason. I think they actually feel the same way, and I'm fine with that.

I will miss not playing Nebraska, but I've been doing that for more than a decade. Not because I like Nebraska. I just loved owning those entitled simpletons and making them cry. 

I look forward to everything the SEC has to offer, redneck jackassery and all. We know we will never bend a knee and give one fuck about conference unity, so it's not even a risk to discuss. Will we be hated? What's new? We already get all of the hate. Might as well get the money and recognition too. 

Actually, I guess I find one thing somewhat repugnant about joining the SEC, now that I think about it. Having to play Missouri again and go to the shithole of a stadium every four years is a problem. They're a program not worthy of respect, they've never done anything, they're not in an interesting location, their school is nothing special, and there's nothing to get excited about when playing them. It would have been fun to leave them in the rearview mirror. 

• Hook 'Em 6

49 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Again who was doing shit on the national stage in the SWC from 1992 to 1995. @troph suggested the SWC could hang after Arky left forgetting that part of why Arky left is the SWC was a mess and no longer part of the national conversation because Texas had been down. Recruits were leaving the state in droves, Houston was ranked high but got boat raced when it played real teams as did we in 1990 season.

Edited by DanTheHorn

4 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Again who was doing shit on the national stage in the SWC from 1992 to 1995. @troph suggested the SWC could hang after Arky left forgetting that part of why Arky left is the SWC was a mess and no longer part of the national conversation because Texas had been down. Recruits were leaving the state in droves, Houston was ranked high but got boat raced when it played real teams as did we in 1990 season.

Again. There were only a few good teams here and there and no one was really able to compete with the teams at the very top. Florida is still trying to tackle Nebraska. The SWC had teams that were competitive. That's all that mattered. There wasn't a playoff. Who has the best team was simply just an opinion. No one really knew. Notre Dame was independent. Penn State was Independent until 93. The SEC wasn't the gauntlet it is now. The landscape was totally different then. In 1995 we had 3 teams ranked in the top 25. That's plenty enough to be taken seriously.

All of the talk of the nostalgia of prior conferences and missing teams we used to play and such. I don't get any of it. I hate or view with disdain almost every prior series we've shed over the last 30 years. I've spoilered my bloviating, but I thought the reminiscing and thinking about the SEC on this thread was interesting.
Spoiler

I like that Texas still works to play Rice. I am glad Texas is going to get to play OU, Arkansas, and ATM every year again. I was happy to be done with Arkansas and then ATM, but given what is being given up to return to those rivalries, yeah, fuck it, I'd rather play them.
It helps that we've historically owned Arkansas and ATM and there is no reason to think it will be any different in the future. Specifically for Arkansas, I think Sarkisian learned some important shit on that trip to Fayetteville in 2021 and it won't be forgotten. Getting up for OU and ATM for Texas players should never be an issue. 
So who are we leaving? 
Baylor? They have been a dingleberry clinging to the hairy ass of Texas for a century. They've covered up murder and institutionalized the enablement of rape within their athletic department. They're literally an evil entity. Good riddance.
Texas Tech? Another clinger who brings nothing to the table. It's an ugly road trip against an uninteresting program and opponent and they live to play that one game each year. Texas is better as an institution by decoupling from that shit stain of an organization.
TCU? I don't particularly have anything against them, but I don't really like them. See ya.
SMU? Never again, hopefully. 
UH? We were purposeful in dumping those mouthbreathing frauds when they pulled the BleacherGate stunt two decades ago and laughed at us when we expected better from them.
I visited West Virginia for a game. Fuck those hillbilly babies and their idiotic attempt at making us a rival.
Iowa State, KU, KSU and OSU have always been fearful stepbrothers born out of a marriage of a convenience. Good riddance and I hope to never play any of them in anything ever again unless it is in the postseason. I think they actually feel the same way, and I'm fine with that.
I will miss not playing Nebraska, but I've been doing that for more than a decade. Not because I like Nebraska. I just loved owning those entitled simpletons and making them cry. 
I look forward to everything the SEC has to offer, redneck jackassery and all. We know we will never bend a knee and give one fuck about conference unity, so it's not even a risk to discuss. Will we be hated? What's new? We already get all of the hate. Might as well get the money and recognition too. 
Actually, I guess I find one thing somewhat repugnant about joining the SEC, now that I think about it. Having to play Missouri again and go to the shithole of a stadium every four years is a problem. They're a program not worthy of respect, they've never done anything, they're not in an interesting location, their school is nothing special, and there's nothing to get excited about when playing them. It would have been fun to leave them in the rearview mirror. 

d25b299b5105d0ce13719c514b729413.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 6

50 minutes ago, troph said:

Texas and A&M were enough to keep the SWC alive for a good while (especially with Texas-OU as a game every year) until TV deals started really ramping up.

Aggy had finally been busted and they were not going to be doing anything look at 1995. Oh and recruits were leaving the state.

DCInBtNXgAA39oN.jpg

Edited by DanTheHorn

16 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Again. There were only a few good teams here and there and no one was really able to compete with the teams at the very top. Florida is still trying to tackle Nebraska. The SWC had teams that were competitive. That's all that mattered. There wasn't a playoff. Who has the best team was simply just an opinion. No one really knew. Notre Dame was independent. Penn State was Independent until 93. The SEC wasn't the gauntlet it is now. The landscape was totally different then. In 1995 we had 3 teams ranked in the top 25. That's plenty enough to be taken seriously.

I guess you if you see mediocrity as being taken seriously. None of the teams in the MNC race were from the SWC after Arky left and just like when Texas played in the Cotton Bowl and got boat raced. Aggy played in Cotton Bowl and got boat raced in 1992. No one was taking the SWC seriously back in those days Texas wanted to leave and after Arky left it was seen as the PAC 12 this past year. Did you take the PAC 12 seriously like Conzano when they could not get a TV contract and everyone knew that the top teams wanted out? I think @troph pulled his opinion out of his ass without understanding what was going on back in the day with the SWC and that is why I pointed it out.

Edited by DanTheHorn

52 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

17 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

I guess you if you see mediocrity as being taken seriously. None of the teams in the MNC race were from the SWC after Arky left and just like when Texas played in the Cotton Bowl and got boat raced. Aggy played in Cotton Bowl and got boat raced in 1992. No one was taking the SWC seriously back in those days Texas wanted to leave and after Arky left it was seen as the PAC 12 this past year. Did you take the PAC 12 seriously like Conzano when they could not get a TV contract and everyone knew that the top teams wanted out? I think @troph pulled his opinion out of his ass without understanding what was going on back in the day with the SWC and that is why I pointed it out.

calm down bro. I did NOT suggest that SWC was winning national championships or was competing with Miami and the like - shit man, I was at that fucking cotton bowl game and nearly decided to hate my parents solely for taking me to that game.  I said when Arky left SWC was still considered a major conference, though looking at the time lines the SWC didn't last as long as I remembered.

So stop fucking carpet bombing me with tags man. Jesus.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 9/11/2023 at 2:36 PM, A-Tex Devil said:

Interestint, as the few folks I talked to had a pleasant time and specifically distinguished this trip from Columbus (where we go back to in 2025).  

As far as conference acceptance 

This is easy…..

1.  Never chant S-E-C ever unless obviously ironically.  

2. Never root for SEC teams “because conference”. 

3. Never root for OU or A&M ever, and if they play each other root for shithousery.   

4.  Be smug, but not assholes when we are hosts.  Make Austin be the best trip everyone takes every year because it should be.  But visitors should feel welcome and have fun.  Drive those secondary ticket markets up!

We are going to be HA-TED.  And when we are down, it will be harder.  And even when down we should treat the SEC office like we did the Big 12 - like we own it.  

But when we are up, and I think things trend that way, it is going to be fucking awesome.  

Everyone in the SEC already hates Aggy.

That seems to me to be a vote of confidence in your new conference. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Or maybe . . . and stay with me here for a minute . . . we should say "fuck the NCAA" for selectively enforcing its rules--rules that we now know constitute a per-se violation of Section 1 of the Sherman Act.

No, still fuck SMU you strange SMU loving Anglophile. You're not sneaking your backdoor SMU love past us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Controversial opinión, but I’ll miss away games at TCU in terms of the experience.  Fans are very relaxed and friendly, the area around the stadium is beautiful, and Fort Worth is a fun town to visit for the weekend with an underrated late-night scene.  Most importantly, you’re never worried about opposing fans trying to reenact Deliverance on your walk back from the bars.

But I’m sure Oxford Mississippi exceeds that experience in every way.

• Hook 'Em 1

Controversial opinión, but I’ll miss away games at TCU in terms of the experience.  Fans are very relaxed and friendly, the area around the stadium is beautiful, and Fort Worth is a fun town to visit for the weekend with an underrated late-night scene.  Most importantly, you’re never worried about opposing fans trying to reenact Deliverance on your walk back from the bars.
But I’m sure Oxford Mississippi exceeds that experience in every way.

I live a short drive away from Amon Carter and have froggy friends that always hook me and the missus up for one or two games a season. You're right about the town, we're laid back in every way you can imagine, yet still have a lot of big city amenities. As for the area around the stadium? Sure I guess you could call it beautiful, but only if you don't wander too far directly south of the stadium Even so I'd still walk through that neighborhood at night before just about anywhere in Baton Rouge or N'awlins.

6 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Fans in Columbus were much more hostile than in Tuscaloosa, in my personal experience at least.

Yeah, not even close - Columbus before the game was way, way worse than Tuscaloosa after the game. Columbus was the only time I’ve ever been to a city as a visiting fan (including pretty much every stadium in the AFC as an Oilers fan) that I was pretty sure I was going to be assaulted after the game…

• Hook 'Em 3

40 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Yeah, not even close - Columbus before the game was way, way worse than Tuscaloosa after the game. Columbus was the only time I’ve ever been to a city as a visiting fan (including pretty much every stadium in the AFC as an Oilers fan) that I was pretty sure I was going to be assaulted after the game…

That is what all my friends that went to the game say about Columbus.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

There are three. By the airport, off 290 in NE Austin and off Dessau which is basically Pflugerville. 

I ate at the one near the airport the day after the 2012 WVU game. There were more than a few WVU fans in the place. Overall the experience was very forgettable.

I dunno. I'll miss the Big 12. Have generally fond feelings towards Tech, ksu, isu, OSU. Enjoyed having tcu back in the fold.. 

The Big12 is my history as a Horns fan as we joined when I was a student.

I regret we couldn't make the PAC deal work with tech, OSU, and OU heading out. Would have loved that conference.

The SEC I guess will be cool to have some new matchups, but.. meh. Fuck em. I don't really feel any excitement for it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Yep, I remember avoiding large buckeye groups before the game and it was like nam after the game...pepper spray, bags of piss being thrown, spit, smoke bombs, burning couches ...basically a mix of rust belt inbreds and jersey shore

CTJ mentioned some hostiles after the bama game, so I was curious if it was similar to the 05 ohio st game. Doesn't sound like it..

On 9/11/2023 at 2:36 PM, A-Tex Devil said:

Interestint, as the few folks I talked to had a pleasant time and specifically distinguished this trip from Columbus (where we go back to in 2025).  

As far as conference acceptance 

This is easy…..

1.  Never chant S-E-C ever unless obviously ironically.  

2. Never root for SEC teams “because conference”. 

3. Never root for OU or A&M ever, and if they play each other root for shithousery.   

4.  Be smug, but not assholes when we are hosts.  Make Austin be the best trip everyone takes every year because it should be.  But visitors should feel welcome and have fun.  Drive those secondary ticket markets up!

We are going to be HA-TED.  And when we are down, it will be harder.  And even when down we should treat the SEC office like we did the Big 12 - like we own it.  

But when we are up, and I think things trend that way, it is going to be fucking awesome.  

Slowly working my way through this thread but, yes.  This is it.  Only way I will chant SEC is in the face of another SEC opponent.  Assuming we get our act together with consistency, I want them to know we don't care about their "murderer's row" of teams.  

And, sorry, in the case of aggy and OU, I'm rooting for the sinkhole.  

15 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Mrs.LL got roofied in a bar before the game.  And for purposes of clarity--not by me.

So I was put in a dilemma: take her back to the hotel and attend to her health, or go to the game?

Do you know what I did?  Of course you do.  I hauled her half-conscious ass into the Horseshoe and watched us beat Ohio State's ass.

She regained full consciousness around halfway through the second quarter.  It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen.  She was just suddenly fine (albeit perhaps a little groggy), as though nothing had happened.  But she had no memory of the preceding 2-3 hours.  To this day, she has no idea how she got into that stadium.

13 hours ago, TxEx84 said:

As we were leaving the game after Ohio State, the police warned us to be careful and head away from campus area and go back to our hotel. Tuscaloosa was a church social compared to Columbus.

Yeah--us, too.  A cop grabbed us as we were walking away from the stadium on Lane Avenue and kept us next to him for about five minutes until he had gathered enough Texas fans for him to decide that it was safe for us to walk together.

• Hook 'Em 1

Saw the video and I'm pretty sure that's SEC SEC SEC, especially when the home team loses. My friends and I have attended several Tulsa road games and even good fanbases become shitty when they lose. Tulsa beat Notre Dame a few years ago when we attended and the fans were fine while tailgating, we were then harassed nonstop on the way out after Tulsa pulled the upset. Ohio State fans were the worst though, even before the game, nothing but shit talking, as though some fans from Tulsa in a game they had no chance of winning mattered that much to them. We also got some middle fingers in Austin a few years ago late in the fourth when Tulsa was tied with UT before UT pulled out the win. OSU fans are known to be nice but every fanbase has jerks and I've seen it in Stillwater, although rarely. But yeah, nothing will change at Bama, if anything, they'll get worse to prove that it wasn't racist.

44 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Saw the video and I'm pretty sure that's SEC SEC SEC, especially when the home team loses. My friends and I have attended several Tulsa road games and even good fanbases become shitty when they lose. Tulsa beat Notre Dame a few years ago when we attended and the fans were fine while tailgating, we were then harassed nonstop on the way out after Tulsa pulled the upset. Ohio State fans were the worst though, even before the game, nothing but shit talking, as though some fans from Tulsa in a game they had no chance of winning mattered that much to them. We also got some middle fingers in Austin a few years ago late in the fourth when Tulsa was tied with UT before UT pulled out the win. OSU fans are known to be nice but every fanbase has jerks and I've seen it in Stillwater, although rarely. But yeah, nothing will change at Bama, if anything, they'll get worse to prove that it wasn't racist.

We played Tulsa?

I have absolutely no memory of that.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/11/2023 at 2:54 PM, Tomatillo said:

Lol, LSU fans are second most racist and violent in the league. Your brief interactions with SEC members obviously has not been an accurate representation of reality. 

your georgia boys did not perform well in this thread i just read for the first time:

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/brutal-beating-of-a-student-and-his-girlfriend-at-auburn-apt-complex/109764277/

deeprig9 iconGeorgia1.png
Georgia Fan
Unincorporated Ozora, Georgia
Member since Sep 2012
59816 posts

Integration is a work in progress?
TheXman iconGeorgia1.png
Georgia Fan
Middle America
Member since Feb 2017
2966 posts

I'm shocked by the race of the perpetrator.

It is so unlike someone of his certain pigmentation!
jangalang iconGeorgia1.png
Georgia Fan
Member since Dec 2014
30418 posts

re: Brutal beating of a student and his girlfriend at Auburn Apt complexPosted on 9/11/23 at 9:28 pm to TutHillTiger
You know why. America celebrates folding chair culture.
WhiskeyRiverBlues iconTennessee.gif
Tennessee Fan
In my boat down on the river
Member since Aug 2023
568 posts
Icononline.gif Online 

You just love to see a black man down.
Numberwang iconArkansas.gif
Arkansas Fan
Drinkwitz' sex dungeon.
Member since Feb 2012
13035 posts

Why is the train service so shitty in Johannesburg now?

So many unsolved mysteries....
CrimsonBuddha iconAlabama.gif
Alabama Fan
Member since Apr 2023
437 posts

Yup same story all over America. The media is blatantly Anti-White

White men need to start working out and learning to fight, as well as carrying guns.

We are living in a third world county now with a giant third world population who hates us. Time to start acting like it
WhiskeyRiverBlues iconTennessee.gif
Tennessee Fan
In my boat down on the river
Member since Aug 2023
568 posts
Icononline.gif Online 

I hate to focus much less dwell on race, but this would be a national media story if the colors were reversed. Those are just facts.

It's so blatant and in your face at this point that we are starting to become South Africa part two. SA was most likely a training ground to run this narrative effectively here.
hogcard1964 iconArkansas.gif
Arkansas Fan
Illinois
Member since Jan 2017
8892 posts
Icononline.gif Online 

So they knew who it is, but they can't locate him?

Drag his entire gangbanger family in for questioning.
LafourcheTiger iconUSA.gif
USA Fan
Avarua, Cook Islands
Member since Mar 2009
1650 posts

The internet is full of black people doing exactly that to whites

5 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

We played Tulsa?

I have absolutely no memory of that.

2018 right before we got hot and went on the run beating usc and ou.  horrible game.  we won 28-21 thanks to sam heroics.

perfect encapsulation of herman...we beat tulsa at home and georgia in the sugar bowl by the exact same score in the same season.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TxEx84 said:

As we were leaving the game after Ohio State, the police warned us to be careful and head away from campus area and go back to our hotel. Tuscaloosa was a church social compared to Columbus.

yeah, we had a few frat bros tell of us to eat shit as we were walking past all the greek houses back to the car, but nothing beyond that.  Summed up, Everyone was pretty nice and smug about about the beatdown they believed UT was about to receive.  If the Frat bros parents were in town, they were nice.  if not we were told variation of Horn Down and eat shit.  Coeds were mostly about horns down.  The one non-drunk bama fan that was sitting next to me was a good dude that we both acknowledged good plays by either team. 

I did not realize that there was a burgeoning business in game-day buttons with catchy slogans like Big Nick Energy.  Olds, greek bros and gals, pretty much everyone had on one or more of these pieces of flair.  Even the several Longhorn moms with Bama spawn had UT versions of these (no Big Sark Energy that I saw, alas).  

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Mrs.LL got roofied in a bar before the game.  And for purposes of clarity--not by me.

So I was put in a dilemma: take her back to the hotel and attend to her health, or go to the game?

Do you know what I did?  Of course you do.  I hauled her half-conscious ass into the Horseshoe and watched us beat Ohio State's ass.

She regained full consciousness around halfway through the second quarter.  It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen.  She was just suddenly fine (albeit perhaps a little groggy), as though nothing had happened.  But she had no memory of the preceding 2-3 hours.  To this day, she has no idea how she got into that stadium.

Yeah--us, too.  A cop grabbed us as we were walking away from the stadium on Lane Avenue and kept us next to him for about five minutes until he had gathered enough Texas fans for him to decide that it was safe for us to walk together.

Seems like I need to put the Shoe at the top of the list for a B1G roadie when we join.

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Probably GHB. Rohypnol is a really strong benzo - you don't just snap out of it after a couple hours.