2023 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Hermanator

Lmao at bringing back a guy after they agreed he was washed up. Ignored this need in the draft or free agency.

That’s funny. But it’s even funnier that they are hit with $6m in dead cap on his last deal while paying him $3m on this one. Even dumber are the folks praising this as a great move by Jerry to bring back this greatness.

I predict 112 carries. 119 yards.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Not a huge cost by today's NFL standards and he conceivably can be productive in limited situations. In a vacuum, I don't have a problem with the signing. The broader picture is still a clusterfuck.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, markstanco said:

If he is good for 500 yards that will be a small victory. 

It just shows no real vision by this front office. There was a reason we let him go. Too expensive but also, was nowhere what he used to be. No need to go back down this path again. You can throw a pin at any RB in the draft who could get you that production and are about 8 years younger and way more tread on the tires.

Unless this year will simply be a throwaway year before they retool or rebuild, then sure, I guess it will work.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, kevwun said:

He will need 200 carries to get 500 yards.

Pretty much. We got rid of him for a reason. And his production at NE, with his pathetic 3.5ypc, confirmed we were right to cut ties. But we now bring him back? Lulz. Circus rolls on. I suspect we have the worst collection of RBs right now.

I know the current day's approach to RBs is not what it used to be and to plug and play but you need some sort of talent back there.

Not a huge cost by today's NFL standards and he conceivably can be productive in limited situations. In a vacuum, I don't have a problem with the signing. The broader picture is still a clusterfuck.

It’s a big cost when you’re paying your QB $60 mil on his last year. When you lost 77 over a mil. RBs are dime a dozen. $3 mil for a used up has been is extravagance. He’s not there to coach young RBs; that’s always been a silly myth.

Even in his good days Zeke has never been a favorite player of mine. He’s just above Bobby Carpenter, Jaylon Smith, and Roy Williams on the hate scale. But under Toast Patterson.
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

In actuality, Zeke is costing the Cowboys $9M for the 2024 season. The Cowboys will still be eating $6M in dead cap from his previous contract. 

The dead cap is a sunk cost and has nothing to do with what it cost them in 2024.  The question is he worth 3M or not to bring back. 

The entire offseason for the Cowboys has been laughable and this is the icing. Back to Zeke?? LOL. Can't make this up.  I can't fathom how anyone manages to be a die hard Cowboys fan.  Jerry just steals your time and money laughing all the way to the bank.  It's truly such a unique blend of incompetence and DGAF (because the $$ will roll in regardless) that it's pretty fascinating to watch.

• Hook 'Em 2

I swear it's almost performance art that Jerry's doing now as owner/GM. Let me do the most outlandish shit and see if you people will still pay good money to support this franchise. Of course you will. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Skipper said:

The entire offseason for the Cowboys has been laughable and this is the icing. Back to Zeke?? LOL. Can't make this up.  I can't fathom how anyone manages to be a die hard Cowboys fan.  Jerry just steals your time and money laughing all the way to the bank.  It's truly such a unique blend of incompetence and DGAF (because the $$ will roll in regardless) that it's pretty fascinating to watch.

Money? I haven’t bought anything Cowboys in years.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, lilMAC25 said:

Yep, he was pathetic in NE. To be expected, he had a lot of mileage at Ohio State and early in his career here. The mileage took a toll like it does any RB. His burst is no longer, he runs like he is in mud. Brings zero value as he is now entering his 9th season. 

Front office clown show never disappoints. But I'm sure they know so many dorky diehards love them some Zeke and he still holds a place in their hearts. Not sure, why as we never did this in his era. Had a great first few years and then it's been slowly downhill since and then a rapid dropoff. Those diehards will go out and buy some more Zeke gear. It also gets them in the news as they were non-existent in free agency.

This is why your Cowboys won't change.  Jerry is making the most money, no matter how the team performs.  So why change a damn thing?  He doesn't give a shit about the fan base.  So suck it up dudes and keep sending him your $.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/most-profitable-nfl-teams-01hk8jxfeg9g

1. Dallas Cowboys, $504 million

It's not surprising the Cowboys lead this list as they are the NFL's most valuable franchise by a considerable margin. In 2022, Dallas raked in $1.14 billion in revenue and had an operating income of $504 million. That's nearly $300 million more than second place.

Yep, he was pathetic in NE. To be expected, he had a lot of mileage at Ohio State and early in his career here. The mileage took a toll like it does any RB. His burst is no longer, he runs like he is in mud. Brings zero value as he is now entering his 9th season. 
Front office clown show never disappoints. But I'm sure they know so many dorky diehards love them some Zeke and he still holds a place in their hearts. Not sure, why as we never did this in his era. Had a great first few years and then it's been slowly downhill since and then a rapid dropoff. Those diehards will go out and buy some more Zeke gear. It also gets them in the news as they were non-existent in free agency.

In today’s NFL the general rule is the RB wall is 27 years old, and 1500 touches. Zeke will be 29 during the season (and he came in young) and has 2420 touches. It’s amazing he can still walk. Terrible signing. I wouldn’t give any RB a second contract. Get a good one cheap early and run the to death, replace, repeat. I wouldn’t give Jim Brown a second contract these days.

2 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

In today’s NFL the general rule is the RB wall is 27 years old, and 1500 touches. Zeke will be 29 during the season (and he came in young) and has 2420 touches. It’s amazing he can still walk. Terrible signing. I wouldn’t give any RB a second contract. Get a good one cheap early and run the to death, replace, repeat. I wouldn’t give Jim Brown a second contract these days.

Well brown is dead. But Jerry would still sign him 

19 hours ago, Skipper said:

Reminds me of another situation where someone just bullshits and promises to make things great again yet only brings terrible results and consequences. 

Cults don't require results. It's a short circuit in the human brain wiring. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

sure you would, he'd be the best linebacker in the league.

17 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Later in the day after Zeke passed his physical and his contract became official, he posted another reaction that will fire up Cowboys fans.

Run what back? The mediocrity. Man, do I have a deal for you, Zeke!

On 4/29/2024 at 10:19 AM, mdmost said:

And Jerry and Stephen sit back and think they are geniuses for this move. 

Jerry legit thinks he shut everyone up with this draft.  He's senile and irrational.... Someone needs to call him on his bullshit but the Dallas media is bought and paid for.

On 4/29/2024 at 6:59 PM, Texzilla588 said:

But remember back in that 16' draft..... we could have gotten Jalen Ramsey instead and followed up with a guy named Derrick Henry in the 2nd..... He's still getting it done okay.  This wasa major fuck up.  Cowboys were still operating like they were in the 90's, drafting a RB in the first 20 picks.  Still fucking up after all these years.

On 4/29/2024 at 10:51 PM, C-Man said:

What y’all say?

9d1913adab32d05139ab653570f0ad9d.jpg

So Jerrah and Stephen die in a yachting accident in 2026?  Almost there!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And qb play will improve now that his bff is back

Dak should be the #1 fantasy QB this year. Since our running game is going to average 2.5 ypc, he’ll be forced to throw it 50 times a game. 

• Rage+1 1

I know Jerry looks like an old fool, but don’t you know there is a method to his madness? I bet he has a warehouse of Zeke jerseys from three years ago that he can sell now. 

All his distributors dumped a million of them into Nigeria and Ghana the last time. Here comes the redo.

His jersey in the pro shop online is back to full price though the women version is half price.

The NFC East Champion t shirt has been reduced to $23. What idiot would wear something so stupid?
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, statsman said:

I know Jerry looks like an old fool, but don’t you know there is a method to his madness? I bet he has a warehouse of Zeke jerseys from three years ago that he can sell now. 

zeke is going to wear #15.  jerry is playing chess, not checkers.