Texas vs. Wyoming - Game 3 - 7pm on (for the last time) LHN

Pancho

2 hours ago, Mother mopar said:
4 hours ago, Grimas said:
Or just download install Kodi for free...  But both Kodi and an XBMC box rely on streams and for me at least, finding a decent stream for this game sucked...  At least no more need for live LHN anymore...

Kodi will work too. However, I don't have to find the stream on XBMC, that is done automatically once I select the channel of my choice.

Add "Daddy Live" (or many others) as a video add-on to Kodi and it does the same...

• Like 1

It may have been covered but I'm not reading 50 pages, but the last 40 seconds or so of the first half was bothersome to me. Wyoming had a 4th and 2 coming at roughly their 45 with a running clock, we had 2 timeouts left. I was expecting a timeout call as soon as the 3rd down play ended but it wasn't called. Wyoming kept the offense on the field and the coaches just stood their watching the time tick down, Wyoming called time as the play clock approached 0 and punted to end the half at 10-7. 

To me that showed a lack of confidence in both the defense and the offense. Wyoming had no intention of running a play and Sark wouldn't call their bluff. 

If they punt and pin us deep then congrats and we can run out the clock. If they punt poorly we have decent field position with 30ish seconds and a timeout.  If they punt a returnable ball then give X a chance to make a play. If they run a play then make a stop and get great field position. And we were getting the ball to start the 3rd so it was a chance to get a couple unanswered scores and get some separation on the scoreboard. I'm not sure what Sark's thinking was there but it certainly wasn't All Gas No Brakes

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

the only hellraiser I ever see is the whale

Are you referring to the chick with her pants half undone? What are the admission standards for the Hellraisers these days? If you had just panned left you would have seen some d cups

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Are you referring to the chick with her pants half undone? What are the admission standards for the Hellraisers these days? If you had just panned left you would have seen some d cups

The black dude?

I also noticed that they seemed to have gone away from “hellraiser honeys” for the girls, and they’re all hell raisers now.  

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

It may have been covered but I'm not reading 50 pages, but the last 40 seconds or so of the first half was bothersome to me. Wyoming had a 4th and 2 coming at roughly their 45 with a running clock, we had 2 timeouts left. I was expecting a timeout call as soon as the 3rd down play ended but it wasn't called. Wyoming kept the offense on the field and the coaches just stood their watching the time tick down, Wyoming called time as the play clock approached 0 and punted to end the half at 10-7. 

To me that showed a lack of confidence in both the defense and the offense. Wyoming had no intention of running a play and Sark wouldn't call their bluff. 

If they punt and pin us deep then congrats and we can run out the clock. If they punt poorly we have decent field position with 30ish seconds and a timeout.  If they punt a returnable ball then give X a chance to make a play. If they run a play then make a stop and get great field position. And we were getting the ball to start the 3rd so it was a chance to get a couple unanswered scores and get some separation on the scoreboard. I'm not sure what Sark's thinking was there but it certainly wasn't All Gas No Brakes

Pretty sure at that point the thought process was let's get in the locker room and regroup and not try to keep pressing, potentially resulting in a stupid play before the half. It had way more to do with a lack of confidence offensively than defensively. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

Wyoming is a good team, especially on the line and very disciplined. They're my pick to win the Mountain West. Also, their fans were super friendly.

Except when they were doing a cheer while an injured UT player (Hutson I think) had to be carted off the field.

Almost got ugly in the upper deck. I had to point out to a Wyoming player's dad/asshole across the aisle how he would like it if we were the ones doing that and it was his son be carted off. 

16 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

They didn't know at the time the PAC 12 was about to collapse. They could have taken that whole league but now they are stuck with Houston, UCF, and Cincinnati forever. 

Let's see.  Last 20 years Pac 12 champs:

USC 7

Oregon 6

Stanford 3

Washington 2

Utah 2

Other 7 zero

They got Utah.  They weren't getting any of the rest.

Last 20 years SWC champs:

aggy 6

Texas 5

Houston 4

Arkansas 2

Baylor, SMU, Texas Tech 1 each

Rice, TCU 0

And BYU has an MNC.  Cincinnati made the CFP.

5 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Especially bc they had *just* reviewed the spot leading up to the 4th down play. Those refs were incredibly shitty

image.png.1f8cdf5435c5988844c5066f3e062cf9.png

4 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Honestly, looks like Hutson just tried to do a dance move that was too advanced with the double knee bend backwards. Those big boys arent that flexible.

image.gif.214a5d920a633a296c4c4a44871ea060.gif

image.gif.ff8140ae07ea68f1fca80c8359390476.gif

• Haha 3

Pretty sure at that point the thought process was let's get in the locker room and regroup and not try to keep pressing, potentially resulting in a stupid play before the half. It had way more to do with a lack of confidence offensively than defensively. 

But not calling a timeout left them the potential of a limited risk Hail Mary to end the half.

Second this. Was concerned that they were going to take a shot at the end. Take the timeout and put the ball in the hands of your offense that can try and push it or just kneel it to end the half. Don’t give them a chance to get a “free” play.

26 minutes ago, bullet said:

And BYU has an MNC.  Cincinnati made the CFP.

I didn't say anything about BYU.

And good for Cincy but they are an urban school in a NFL city. Not a great get.

But hey if you think the Big 12 made a great decision by taking Cincy, UCF, and Houston then great because that is the reality.

7 hours ago, SuckitKevin said:

I just saw Burton address this on the post game. What the hell was going on with Wyoming getting the ball at the 8 when their qb ran out of bounds at the 12? They stopped the game for awhile but still didn’t move the ball back. The protection of incompetent officials has to be addressed. Someone should at least have to answer for something that egregious.

I say this every season: I wish folks would stop saying the B12 officials are “incompetent “……it makes it seem as this is not intentional fuckery, which of course it is, now openly supported by the league. IT’S NOT INCOMPETENCE, ITS FUCKERY.  DON’T BE LAZY!l

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, El Squared said:

I say this every season: I wish folks would stop saying the B12 officials are “incompetent “……it makes it seem as this is not intentional fuckery, which of course it is, now openly supported by the league. IT’S NOT INCOMPETENCE, ITS FUCKERY.  DON’T BE LAZY!l

I actually agree with you that it’s intentional. Bad choice of words on my part. My point about protection of officials still stands however. It’s ridiculous that nobody from a coaching staff or administration can criticize them without getting fined. They have a free pass to say, “I’m gonna fuck you and you’re going to like it.”

6 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

I actually agree with you that it’s intentional. Bad choice of words on my part. My point about protection of officials still stands however. It’s ridiculous that nobody from a coaching staff or administration can criticize them without getting fined. They have a free pass to say, “I’m gonna fuck you and you’re going to like it.”

I mean... it can be both, ya know.

It was also a wise decision by Bohl to make it sound like Peasley was going to play in this game. 

Svoboda had limited reps at QB so we really had no clue what type of QB he was. He actually has a decent arm in the short and intermediate passing game. Wyoming also didn't really use him in the run game which they do a lot with Peasley. 

Texas likely prepared all week for a QB that would run a lot with limited passing and they got a completely different mold at QB. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

Why are so many people saying Wyoming is a good team?  They are a Mountain West school that had a preseason 5.5 win total in Vegas.  Stop fucking kidding yourselves.  They beat Tech.  Tech fucking sucks.  On the road, at night, in Austin they should have been smoked from start to finish.  The end.

The thread about Texas being a scary team is pure delusion based on the 4 quarters I watched.  We got some turnovers and explosive plays in the 4th quarter to separate from a team that hung with us for 45 minutes.  

• Hook 'Em 3

40 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Why don’t they run slants ever?  Sark likes getting receivers that are moving the ball but we hardly ever see slats used in his offense.  

Majority of the RPO game is centered around slants. You don’t remember any last night because the few I recall were dropped or incomplete.

5 minutes ago, Hozz said:

Why are so many people saying Wyoming is a good team?  They are a Mountain West school that had a preseason 5.5 win total in Vegas.  Stop fucking kidding yourselves.  They beat Tech.  Tech fucking sucks.  On the road, at night, in Austin they should have been smoked from start to finish.  The end.

The thread about Texas being a scary team is pure delusion based on the 4 quarters I watched.  We got some turnovers and explosive plays in the 4th quarter to separate from a team that hung with us for 45 minutes.  

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Hozz said:

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Did anyone get a pic of that buxom Hellraiser? My sister kept yelling "titties!" every time they were on screen
I've never seen the end of the Harry Hamlin "Clash of the Titans" because 13yo me said the same thing when the topless Sirens/Mermaids showed up on screen. Mom was not happy.
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Hozz said:

Is this supposed to mean something? How much do you want to bet Wyoming wins over that win total number? Name the money amount. 

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Is this supposed to mean something? How much do you want to bet Wyoming wins over that win total number? Name the money amount. 

It's context.  Maybe Vegas is way off but they are likely a 5-6 win team.  Did you load up on the over 5.5?

3 minutes ago, Hozz said:

It's context.  Maybe Vegas is way off but they are likely a 5-6 win team.  Did you load up on the over 5.5?

There is zero chance that Wyoming team only wins 3 more games in the Mountain West. 

Nevada has lost 13 straight games, Hawaii is 1-3, New Mexico is one of the worst D1 programs in the country. There's 3 almost auto Ws without even looking at their schedule beyond that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

There is zero chance that Wyoming team only wins 3 more games in the Mountain West. 

Nevada has lost 13 straight games, Hawaii is 1-3, New Mexico is one of the worst D1 programs in the country. There's 3 almost auto Ws without even looking at their schedule beyond that. 

I don't disagree with you.  The win total line in my post was the result of a casual google search to confirm my bias that Wyoming was not some diamond in the rough team people were sleeping on.  Their preseason total number almost certainly factored in Tech beating them.  So let's say they are 6.5/7 win total team now?  Is that a good team?  Is that a team we should be tied up with after 3 quarters, at home, at night?

4 minutes ago, Hozz said:

I don't disagree with you.  The win total line in my post was the result of a casual google search to confirm my bias that Wyoming was not some diamond in the rough team people were sleeping on.  Their preseason total number almost certainly factored in Tech beating them.  So let's say they are 6.5/7 win total team now?  Is that a good team?  Is that a team we should be tied up with after 3 quarters, at home, at night?

No, but I don't think the point was ever that Wyoming was some world-beater. It's that they're a 7-8 win G5 type team and not a total pushover like New Mexico, UMASS, etc. The main point is that Wyoming isn't a cupcake. 

That WYO team is well coached and didn’t beat themselves. HC created the NDSU dynasty that KSU’s Klieman took over and maintained enough to get the job at KSU. WYO is basically the KSU of the MWC, so their opponent better bring it each week for 4 quarters! Ask tceh!

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Hozz said:

Yep. Lot of delusion in this thread because of a big win over Bama (a team that is likely good to very good, but not great). No surprise. Kinda like last year after the 49-0 wipeout of OU, followed by three more losses in the rest of the season. After 13 years of bad UT football and crushed hopes, the dream and delusion are understandable. Fans are hungry for a great Texas team. 

It's easy to like Sark and his story, but we all know he has yet to have a season with less than four losses. In fact, while at Washington, he had a big win over #3 USC and still managed to go 5-7. Had other big and solid wins (over ranked teams) in seasons at Washington and USC and still never had less than 4 losses. 

We all hope he runs the table and wins Big 12 title and national title, but his historical record says some losses are likely coming. I hope not, but the first three quarters of the Wyoming game are a warning right before our eyes ... for something kinda like the TCU game last year. This is the year for the stars to line up for Sark. Barring some key injuries, there are no excuses.

• Hook 'Em 2