Seven Win Steve Rides Again!

closetojumping

4 hours ago, Monahorns said:

What you are saying is that they haven't trained or recruited a great pass rusher in 3 years.  Fail.

That's exactly what I'm saying. I'm also saying Saban didn't have his O-line or QB sorted. Riley can't play defense. Day can barely complete a forward pass. Lanning didn't have his guys up to face Washington. 

There is something wrong with all these guys. It comes down to how well you can overcome your shortcomings, and everyone has them. Last year Michigan showed the Big still couldn't handle a competent spread offense. We all wanna coach who has no warts. Unfortunately that's just not the case. We are 6-1 despite those shortcomings. Pretty much where most of us thought we would be if things went well this season. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

I'm not mad at anyone. I just think this fanbase fucking sucks. You especially. You seem like a sad, shitty excuse for a Texas fan. Regardless of what your degree or financial donations say. This program would probably be in a better spot if we had less losers like you hanging around. 

LOL you are the most worthless sunshine pump on this board. Go hand out participation ribbons to the team and get your kneepads out so you can toss Sark's salat.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Almost there 🙂

But its kinda hilarious how we won the way we did. They're bitching about that third down spot. I love it.

What’s even funnier about that is they only had 1 enforced penalty called on them the entire game and it was only called because dude ripped our players helmet off. 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

This thread demonstrates for the umpteenth time that there are always three types of fans.

First are those that look at the current situation and are satisfied because the team is winning more than the recent past.

The third group sees it negatively no matter what is happening.

The second group looks for key signs of progress or regression to predict the future.

Too many people right now are in group one, blindly looking at 6-1 and saying all is well. All is not well. There are cracks in the foundation. 

Personally I think the best team we will have is two years away. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, ztejas said:

You haven't earned the right to do shit. You're a shitty fan little bitch-boy that doesn't buy-in to the team that you donate money to and supposedly support. You don't play. You don't coach. You don't recruit. You attend road games and spend money and think that that means that the football team should never lose a game.

You're part of the problem with Texas. You're entitled and think that money buys wins. It doesn't. Culture buys wins. Support buys wins. You're one of the quickest motherfuckers on this site to look for any reason to criticize this team and bitch about shit when it doesn't meet your expectations and that's extremely well documented. I tell you shit that you don't like hearing and as a result you neg all of my posts.

You're a shitty fan and you need to adjust your attitude. Do it or not - I don't give a fuck. We'll win without you with a coach that actually understands this shit.

Just maybe quit being such a negative fucking piece of shit. You're telling me you're a big fan yet you do nothing but bitch about Texas having a top 10 team that is still in the running to win everything for the first time in over a decade.

Listen, mongoloid. I’m not asking your permission. Fuck off. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

What’s even funnier about that is they only had 1 enforced penalty called on them the entire game and it was only called because dude ripped our players helmet off. 

Holding on a lot of their big plays was ignored, refs were ass but of course due to that spot "refs wanted Texas". But when other fans are bitching about us winning on that i kinda like it.

20 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Holding on a lot of their big plays was ignored, refs were ass but of course due to that spot "refs wanted Texas". But when other fans are bitching about us winning on that i kinda like it.

The 1 penalty the entire game is something, but absent a better view that contradicts what we saw - damn that spot was inexcusable.

8 hours ago, ztejas said:

OU has proved to us twice during this current CFP format that the Dallas result can be overcame. A lot of you are letting your emotions get in the way of the bigger picture.

Sark didn't fail the go beat Bama's ass in Tuscaloosa test. He hasn't failed the win all of the other games on the schedule test yet. 

I mean God damn some of y'all get super fucking hot about a tight win against a bad team. Shit happens. I'll fucking bitch alongside the rest of you if we come out and do this same shit against BYU next week. But I don't think we're going to. I think BYU is going to get fucked up. 

Scary post.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Scary post.  

OU keeps dragging their nuts all over us and some Texas fans just don’t get it. You Sooners keep telling us and so many Texas fans continue to make excuses.

That game is indicative of the team’s mindset every season. 

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Brian Robison pissed.  Not a good win.

He's frustrated that "this team doesn't play to dominate their opponent"

"Worst performance in a game this season."  You have a standard that you set against bama, and you are not playing up to it !!! 

Man, some posters here are going to tell him he doesn’t know what he’s talking about and he doesn’t have the right to say it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Monahorns said:

OU beat UT.  Change the result of that game and my opinion is different because that is a bowl, playoff type of game.  That is what the game has stood for for 70 years.  Sark failed the test.  

You are not going to like college football starting next year.

Edited by David Dennison

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

You are not going to like college football starting next year.

I’ve explained our intuition says Dallas is the biggest game against ou because it always was. Simply having no divisions and a championship game changes that entirely. Add a 12 team playoff? 

God Sark is talking like he is clueless during post game  press conference.  If he says one more time that the opposing team showed looks they didn’t show on film he needs a mental examination.  News flash Sark teams are going to run a 3-3-5 on defense and attack our safeties over the middle.  Maybe have foresight to realize actual coaches attack other teams weaknesses.  He should try it sometime instead mindlessly calling random plays.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Almost like we should hug how much people dislike us. Wait, that doesn’t sound right. Needs to be catchier. Something we can put on a t shirt. 

• Like 1

Robison is right, but even that group had a few stinky wins, too.  They played down to their opponents more than once in that golden era.  In 2004 VY had to pull a rocket out of his ass and then get a big assist from Tony Jeffrey to barely win against Kansas to keep that season alive. 

Yesterday was another ugly win with glaring concerns on both sides of the ball.  Depending on Ewers' status, I'm not sure if I'm more worried about the disappearing offense or the disappearing Watts-less secondary.  Anyway, on to face a team full of married 26 year olds.

On the bright side, the ball carriers looked pretty nice.  I loved seeing Baxter in limited touches.  He looked like he's feeling really good, more decisive and faster than in earlier games.  I assume he's healing from the lingering injury.  Texas will have to get the best out of him alongside Brooks. 

Red is maybe completely out of the doghouse, and you know what they say, you can take the dog out of the house, but you can't keep the dog out of the house.

13 hours ago, ztejas said:

You haven't earned the right to do shit. You're a shitty fan little bitch-boy that doesn't buy-in to the team that you donate money to and supposedly support. You don't play. You don't coach. You don't recruit. You attend road games and spend money and think that that means that the football team should never lose a game.

You're part of the problem with Texas. You're entitled and think that money buys wins. It doesn't. Culture buys wins. Support buys wins. You're one of the quickest motherfuckers on this site to look for any reason to criticize this team and bitch about shit when it doesn't meet your expectations and that's extremely well documented. I tell you shit that you don't like hearing and as a result you neg all of my posts.

You're a shitty fan and you need to adjust your attitude. Do it or not - I don't give a fuck. We'll win without you with a coach that actually understands this shit.

Just maybe quit being such a negative fucking piece of shit. You're telling me you're a big fan yet you do nothing but bitch about Texas having a top 10 team that is still in the running to win everything for the first time in over a decade.

What’s wild is he admitted to being on these boards bitchin about Greg Davis. That was our second best period as a program, we won 10-11 games at will and scored 50 points a game constantly hahahahaha. He found ways to bitch then. Sark will never win some of these people over, it is what it is my friend. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

The problem I see is that good coaches like Saban evolve. Sark admittedly said he’s still learning on the job even after 15 fucking years. He belongs at a program like Illinois or Washington state with tempered expectations. I hope he gets better but he can’t get out of his own way and is stubborn to a fault. I really think he knows the problems but is too stubborn to try to correct. Not attacking the portal for 1-2 EDGES and more than an injury-plagued safety was borderline arrogance and incompetence.

He’s done well recruiting but had some luck plus NIL. However, he’s not capable of being a game managing HC and play calling OC. Not many are. Fortunately for him, much of the casual fan base and admin are happy so far and will accept his 9-10 win ceiling. I wish I were a casual fan and not let a shitty game like this ruin my damn weekend. I just hope Sark will take us over the top but there’s strong evidence that he’ll end up failing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, troph said:

I’ve explained our intuition says Dallas is the biggest game against ou because it always was. Simply having no divisions and a championship game changes that entirely. Add a 12 team playoff? 

And yet, we have still only won this conference a grand total of once in a year that we lost to OU. The same is not true for them. Because we keep losing other games that matter to lesser teams. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

What’s wild is he admitted to being on these boards bitchin about Greg Davis. That was our second best period as a program, we won 10-11 games at will and scored 50 points a game constantly hahahahaha. He found ways to bitch then. Sark will never win some of these people over, it is what it is my friend. 

You aren’t intelligent, are you? That’s fine. We don’t have an IQ test to post on this board. We won a national championship in spite of Greg Davis, not because of him. 

I am bitching because we have glaring issues that will create more trouble down the road. When there are issues, they need to be addressed. Alabama hasn’t dominated the last decade plus of CFB because they were satisfied.

We can either improve or be satisfied playing exactly zero games that matter to America. Just like we have done almost every week since 2009. 

Edited by Tex Pete

9 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Wut 

SWC.

point is, the context and circumstances of what the OU game means has radically changed since pre-1995 until now. Originally it was a measuring stick for whether Texas was in the NC hunt. Back then undefeated was almost necessary to ensure winning the beauty contest. Otherwise a 1 loss team had to really do the beauty pageant thing to compare to other 1 loss teams in the bowl and AP voter system.

Big 12 roles around and it meant the south division and the inside track to the conference title. that was the golden era of Texas getting bent over in Dallas for sure.

Recently, no championship game at all, then it was added back and no divisions so for the first time, Texas and OU could actually play twice with the second game being more important. of course in those recent years, Texas wins in Dallas then loses the championship game, or Texas wins or loses in Dallas and  shits the bed the rest of the way and doesn't make the championship game.

Point is, there are at least 4 variations here and each causes Dallas to have a different meaning, none unimportant but some more important than others.

4 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  SWC was a joke.  B12 is weak af too and Texas never did that.  Maybe once?  In a couple decades.  

see my post above, there's a point to be made about what Texas OU in Dallas means. It has changed over the years, still always important but ramifications are different.

4 hours ago, David Dennison said:

The actual importance of rivalry games is about to change drastically.

he gets it

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

You aren’t intelligent, are you? That’s fine. We don’t have an IQ test to post on this board. We won a national championship in spite of Greg Davis, not because of him. 

I am bitching because we have glaring issues that will create more trouble down the road. When there are issues, they need to be addressed. Alabama hasn’t dominated the last decade plus of CFB because they were satisfied.

We can either improve or be satisfied playing exactly zero games that matter to America. Just like we have done almost every week since 2009. 

Haha pretty good start, I laughed. Let’s jump straight to the meat of this diatribe here bud, we aren’t Alabama and we won’t ever be Alabama. Their best two coaches have a combined 10 national championships between them shit for brains. Bryant won as many titles by himself as we have total. You keep setting your expectations on being more like the best to ever fucking do it and I’ll keep handing you tissues while you bawl on here like an angry baby. Texas doesn’t give a fuck about getting in the mud to win at all costs. It doesn’t matter what you expect. It’s why harbaugh can’t break through. His players beat women, they are expelled. Oklahoma, Georgia, bama have players that are vile pieces of shit…they get a redshirt and take some games off. You’re right in thinking we should be there though, I’ll admit to that. I enjoy being 6-1 for the first time since 2009, that’s all that matters. I do like how much you hate the aggies tho, we just don’t agree here haha. 

12 minutes ago, troph said:

SWC.

point is, the context and circumstances of what the OU game means has radically changed since pre-1995 until now. Originally it was a measuring stick for whether Texas was in the NC hunt. Back then undefeated was almost necessary to ensure winning the beauty contest. Otherwise a 1 loss team had to really do the beauty pageant thing to compare to other 1 loss teams in the bowl and AP voter system.

Big 12 roles around and it meant the south division and the inside track to the conference title. that was the golden era of Texas getting bent over in Dallas for sure.

Recently, no championship game at all, then it was added back and no divisions so for the first time, Texas and OU could actually play twice with the second game being more important. of course in those recent years, Texas wins in Dallas then loses the championship game, or Texas wins or loses in Dallas and  shits the bed the rest of the way and doesn't make the championship game.

Point is, there are at least 4 variations here and each causes Dallas to have a different meaning, none unimportant but some more important than others.

I went and looked at Texas record in the swc while Oklahoma was there, I don’t think it ever happened haha. In 1920 Oklahoma left for the big 6 or big 8. They only spent 5 years in the SWC. 

34 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Haha pretty good start, I laughed. Let’s jump straight to the meat of this diatribe here bud, we aren’t Alabama and we won’t ever be Alabama. Their best two coaches have a combined 10 national championships between them shit for brains. Bryant won as many titles by himself as we have total. 

Say no more. You embrace mediocrity. 

I didn’t see the collapse but it seems the team is regressing over the course of the season. That’s an indictment on coaching and all I really have to say re: Sark that I haven’t before.

It’s that simple. Look at bama they are getting better each game and bama is not that good but their coach is great.

3 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

It’s that simple. Look at bama they are getting better each game and bama is not that good but their coach is great.

I get the argument but I don't really agree. 

They beat a shitty Arkansas team by just 3 points last weekend and the weak before that only beat aggy by 6 points. They look about the same to me other than the South Florida game where they didn't start Milroe. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I get the argument but I don't really agree. 
They beat a shitty Arkansas team by just 3 points last weekend and the weak before that only beat aggy by 6 points. They look about the same to me other than the South Florida game where they didn't start Milroe. 

Please stop this doesn’t fit my narrative lol.

Yeah you’re right, now that I remember. They did almost lose to Arkansas. I’m just pissed at this team and I do feel like a lot of yesterday was on coaching
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, GTJ1982 said:

God Sark is talking like he is clueless during post game  press conference.  If he says one more time that the opposing team showed looks they didn’t show on film he needs a mental examination.  News flash Sark teams are going to run a 3-3-5 on defense and attack our safeties over the middle.  Maybe have foresight to realize actual coaches attack other teams weaknesses.  He should try it sometime instead mindlessly calling random plays.  

DId he really say this again?  This is what an OC says to the HC when he's trying to explain why he did a shitty job.  This guy is not a HC.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Listen, mongoloid. I’m not asking your permission. Fuck off. 

Put that idiot on ignore and move on. He’s one of the dumbest shitheels on this site, he suffers from Dunning Kruger, and he’s a tedious, witless thread vomiter. I put him on ignore years ago and it improved my site experience immensely. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1