Ducks @ Dawgs on ABC

4th&Five

1 minute ago, Hawndoh said:

Maybe he didn't kick before because he knows his kicker sucks

2nd person to comment that take and it makes zero sense. Kid barely missed from 43 - the other 2 were chip shots from like 20 yards away unless I'm mistaken. 

Penix coming back on the field after watching Oregon get within 3 yards of winning and then scoring in two plays is going to go down in history now that’s it didn’t lose then the game for scoring too quick

We got fucking lucky.

A little bit but UW made a lot of plays too and Oregons self inflicted errors are their problem. Enjoy it

I knew he was a fraud when he brought the media into the locker room for his “we don’t play for clicks” speech before the colorado game.
That dude is a fucking dork. He invited the media in there for attention to tell the nation he's not doing it for clicks, which is exactly what he was doing.

Oregon is nothing more than Colorado on a higher level. It's all fun and games when playing lesser opponents but they always fold when they actually play someone of talent.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Clock management in those last two minutes was hilariously bad by both teams. UW snaps the ball with 38 seconds on the play clock on their TD from the 20, giving what should've been way too much time for Oregon. But then Oregon decides to throw 3 yard passes in bounds and take their time in between plays, running about 45 seconds on their first three plays and ultimately running out of time to get closer with a TO in their pocket

21 minutes ago, ztejas said:

2nd person to comment that take and it makes zero sense. Kid barely missed from 43 - the other 2 were chip shots from like 20 yards away unless I'm mistaken. 

I was joking. 

He should have taken the points. It's Washington, not Colorado. All points are good. The only message he ended up sending to the team is that he is an idiot.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Left Coast said:

The Big 10 is getting so fucking lucky getting UW/UO/USC/UCLA next year.

Iowa beat Wisconsin 15-6 today. Watching something like that sounds like a punishment vs the UW/UO game (or vs any game for that matter).

Lolwut? They have half of the top 6 and make the most money. They don’t care if the score is 36-33 or 14-6. 

I will say that this game, and really this whole season has got to feel bittersweet if you’re a fan of the pac 12. What a great farewell tour this season has turned into for the conference. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Awesome videos.  I've been at games like that - last second FG attempt - and the first people to react are the ones behind the end zone with the best view if the kick is off line.  Then the joy spreads around the bend as the refs signal the call.  Goosebumps. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

A lot of these 22 and 23 year old QBs who have played 4 and 5  years prior to this season are impressive.   I don't know if Texas would ever really employ that strategy but between guys like Penix, Nix, Gabriel, Daniels, Hartman, etc a lot of top 25 teams cashing in on maturity under center.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, miguelito said:

Awesome videos.  I've been at games like that - last second FG attempt - and the first people to react are the ones behind the end zone with the best view if the kick is off line.  Then the joy spreads around the bend as the refs signal the call.  Goosebumps. 

Our seats are at the other end of the stadium (he was kicking directly into the student section) - I immediately lost the ball in the crowd when it was kicked and watched the students' reaction to see what had happened. Unreal. The videos capture the complete change from deafeningly loud to almost dead silence - then an explosion.

UW's last kicker barely missed a similar kick to win the game in Eugene a few years ago as a freshman; we Iost in OT. He redeemed himself last year in Eugene as a senior with the game winning kick. Not that I want the UO guy to do that to us, just that these things are possible.

Epic game, and if we make the CCG I hope the Ducks aren't there. That is a solid, tough team.

Finally, following the game we walked through campus and it was great to see the students really into it again. It reminded me of my days there and I'm sure there was a hell of a lot of fun being had last night. I love CFB.

• Hook 'Em 2