Texas opens as a 20.5 point favorite v BYU

TexasMan

8 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Yeah, I'm just as surprised as you. 

Still digging up other books to compare. 

That's a generous line.

But, perhaps Ewers' absence will force us to run the ball more.  I could see Baxter and Brooks feasting, even if BYU knows it's coming.  Murphy is good enough they can't totally sell out on the run, but Sark will probably keep the play-calling "less exotic" - which could work in our favor.  

• Like 1

I will bet you any amount of money that Texas scores more than 15 points at home against this BYU defense. 
BYU has given up 31 to Arkansas, 38 to Kansas, 27 to Cincinnati, and 44 points to TCU. Only 1 of those teams even has a good offense. Some of you are way too reactionary. 
This. I'll take some action on Texas scoring more than 15 points.

This is a game you should win. I won't be surprised if you demolish us and I would only be a little bit surprised if we beat you. We are probably one of the worst 5-2 teams out there, our run game is atrocious, and our safety position is a MASH unit, but we sometimes play up to the competition and are capable of making things interesting. Slovis can be accurate if we can protect him/give him a little time, but we aren't able to always do that. Our receivers are a talented group, but they can struggle to get open on talented backfields. Who knows which BYU will show up. Our coaching staff knows we will be overmatched, so they will probably take more risks and roll the dice more than they otherwise would. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Slovis can be accurate if we can protect him/give him a little time, but we aren't able to always do that. Our receivers are a talented group, but they can struggle to get open on talented backfields.

You should fully expect a season high passing day for Slovis if this is accurate
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Crockett said:

This is a game you should win. I won't be surprised if you demolish us and I would only be a little bit surprised if we beat you. We are probably one of the worst 5-2 teams out there, our run game is atrocious, and our safety position is a MASH unit, but we sometimes play up to the competition and are capable of making things interesting. Slovis can be accurate if we can protect him/give him a little time, but we aren't able to always do that. Our receivers are a talented group, but they can struggle to get open on talented backfields. Who knows which BYU will show up. Our coaching staff knows we will be overmatched, so they will probably take more risks and roll the dice more than they otherwise would. 

Your WR’s are in luck, our secondary fucking sucks. You guys don’t really need to run. 

1 hour ago, Crockett said:

Look Crockett…

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, Victor R. Franko said:

I like

Kansas +9.5 vs. Blow U

Texas minus the points, whatever they are. Murphy going to show his stuff, if he can develop some touch overnight. The receivers are going to have to adjust to his fast balls vs. catchable Ewer tosses.

South Carolina + pts vs. aggy, just because.

USC -10 vs. Cal.

Hell Mitchell can’t find the ball coming from Ewers who delivers the most catchable ball.   You think he can see the fastballs coming from Murphy?

16 hours ago, Helobious said:

You know Taysom Hill is a freak athlete right? He’s been an NFL contributor at 3 different positions for like 8 years now for the saints. He wasn’t some JAG. 

That makes me feel a little better. But I miss the days when our studs were better than their studs.

Unless Maalik is injured, the offense is too talented and BYU is so bad.  21 is a given.  Probably something like 30-17.

Yeah Texas will be fine in this one as long as they take care of the ball. Skeptical they can get through the rest of the schedule without Ewers but this *should* look like the WVU game with Card last year. Steady diet of the run game, set up some easy throws, contain a limited BYU offense.

On 10/22/2023 at 7:44 PM, Gidnik said:

im taking byu and the points.  im not even convinced that we will score 21 points. 

There's nothing I've seen from this Longhorn team that tells me we beat BYU by 3 touchdowns.

Where are they getting that?

Is BYU like the shittiest 5-2 team in the NCAA?

Edited by Cajun