2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread - I'm watching, just like you guys

gsoda3

We were outplayed in both games and still found a way to win. It’s not that complicated.
I don't think so. Yes first half tonight we werent mentally in it. Didn't box out. Didn't go to the ball and make ourselves available. But we woke up the final 4 mins of the 2nd quarter and played methodically. If it weren't for Naz Reid going 7 of 9 from deep this would've been an easy W.

14 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
1 hour ago, Henry Hill said:
We were outplayed in both games and still found a way to win. It’s not that complicated.

I don't think so. Yes first half tonight we werent mentally in it. Didn't box out. Didn't go to the ball and make ourselves available. But we woke up the final 4 mins of the 2nd quarter and played methodically. If it weren't for Naz Reid going 7 of 9 from deep this would've been an easy W.

That’s the discouraging thing if I’m a Wolves fan. First game McDaniels shoots out of his mind and the Mavs shoot like crap from 3? Loss. 

Then this from Reid and they still lose? 

All this being said, I wouldn’t be shocked to see this go 6 still. Wolves are too good of a team to fold in 4 or 5 imo. 

8 hours ago, BeardIP said:

He hates Rudy (FIBA and Olympics beef stemming from France / Slovenia)

Makes sense, that shit looked personal. Cant say I really know anything about Rudy but he’s getting dragged all over. Is he widely hated? Is it more than that dumbass shit he pulled at the start of Covid?

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Makes sense, that shit looked personal. Cant say I really know anything about Rudy but he’s getting dragged all over. Is he widely hated? Is it more than that dumbass shit he pulled at the start of Covid?

I hate Rudy. I think it was the tv crew fellating him for 6 games in 2022 that did it for me.

5 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Luka’s 4th triple double in 5 playoff games. Only done three times in history, by Magic, Walt, and Jokic. 

Surprised Westbrook never did it in his seasons as OKC totem. Did none of those playoff disasters make it to five games?

51 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Rudy and Draymond aren't that different.

Nothing Gobert did was dirty. He plays tough and will foul. Draymond is a step between Gobert and Laimbeer. I have no problem with Gobert “clotheslining” Luka and grabbing a stupid foul, and no problem with him sometimes with hands getting in people’s faces. It happens, and he doesn’t cross a line. He’s a much stronger defender and rebounder than KAT who has been truly mediocre the first two games. 

I also love that Luka went after Rudy and made him his last second bitch, and talking shit afterwards. This is playoff basketball, and I love all the back and forth, particularly when we come out on top. 

Luka looks much healthier and playing his normal game relative to OKC series, where he looked largely mediocre. 

32 minutes ago, statsman said:

Surprised Westbrook never did it in his seasons as OKC totem. Did none of those playoff disasters make it to five games?

Much harder to get trip doubs in playoffs. Westbrook’s season was impressive but it was a lot like a good Dak year, a lot of empty stats. 

19 hours ago, gsoda3 said:
On 5/24/2024 at 12:09 PM, threesheets said:
My daughter graduates tonight. 1800 kids in her class, so it should be over quick. emoji19.png

What school? I graduated Plano Sr class of 2000 and we had the largest class ever at the time, 1600 kids.

Allen. I got to watch the last 6 min.  It was fun watching everyone's heads turn when my MIL started screaming "OH MY GOD!" after Luka broke it off in Rudy. 

My kid was one of the first 20 names called so she had close to 3 hours of down time after she walked. Got bored I guess 😅

And no, we're not actually predicting that in this house I promise. 

IMG_20240525_130830.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RexWilson said:

Rudy gets away with too much cheap shit. 

yep Gobert is dirty.  he throws his left hand towards the players head every time. did it to Luka and Kyrie.  He needs to get called on it for a F1 foul.

On the Luka foul he keeps his fist closed on purpose.  no one does that.  the hand is always open.

He's a soft bitch.  DPOY my ass.

That was absolutely deliberate. He already kneed him in the groin with no call. He knew exactly where he was and took the opportunity to knee him in the head. They needed something to get this series turned in their favor.

KAT acting like Karl Malone out there. 
Fuck that fake tough guy pussy.