Best cast in any film all-time

Gil Bang

41 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

Jake Gyllenhaal Shake Head GIF - Jake Gyllenhaal Shake Head No - Discover &  Share GIFs

It's Heat.

End thread.

Heat's was great, fair point.  But it was a narrow cast aside from the crew and Pacino.  Anybody else in it was easily replaceable.  Henry Rollins was cool but not exactly critical to the casting.  But good nomination.

4 minutes ago, KaiserSoze said:

Sneakers had a solid lineup

Pardon the pun, but that was a "sneaky" good cast.  Everybody in the main crew was at their acting peak, plus Kingsley and James Earl Jones.  Such an underrated film.  A few weak spots in terms of cast but even relatively unknown Buddy Wallace character still gets me every time when Bishop/Redford says "they found out my parents were married"...and he comes charging from off-camera at him.  I still crack up at the scene and the brilliant timing of he and the cameraman.  

5 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Heat's was great, fair point.  But it was a narrow cast aside from the crew and Pacino.  Anybody else in it was easily replaceable.  Henry Rollins was cool but not exactly critical to the casting.  But good nomination.

There are 10+ great actors/actresses right there

image.thumb.png.681cd2225f1ff89062d675ecf1052d7d.png

Edited by rage-a-holic
  • Like 2

10 is pushing it, but you're right...it's a better overall cast than I remember.  I completely forgot Natalie Portman was in that movie.  I have a lot of mental blockage of the film since Danny Trejo took a leak next to me at Uchiko and scared the living shit out of me.  

5 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

Fast Times at Ridgemont High.  5 future Oscar winners plus Stu Nahan.

That's pretty fucking crazy to think about.  Plus Sonny Davis, a Texas legend.  Plus Dimone who went on to play Taxi Driver #2 in a 2014 episode of CSI

Sean Penn, Cameron Crowe (does he count in this case?), Forest Whittaker, Nick Cage, and I think Jennifer Jason Leigh won one for supporting.  I probably have that wrong and not looking it up.  And why does Danny Elfman keep coming up in my life this week?  

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Sean Penn, Cameron Crowe (does he count in this case?), Forest Whittaker, Nick Cage, and I think Jennifer Jason Leigh won one for supporting.  I probably have that wrong and not looking it up.  And why does Danny Elfman keep coming up in my life this week?  

Are you Batman?

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

and elfman didn't win for anything.  i'm still counting 3 (in the cast).  4 if we're counting crowes.

see what i did?

You're right.  Four nominations for Elfman

Cast: Sean Penn, Nicholas Cage, Forest Whitaker, Jennifer Jason Leigh

Edited by dcbc

Fucking no-talent assclown, Jenna.  

Glengarry Glen Ross is a good pick.  Other than the core office guys plus Baldwin and Pryce, only 2 or 3 other speaking roles in the whole film and their bit parts.  Although Mr. takahashi from Curb has a tiny role.  

8 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

and since nobody is taking my endgame nomination seriously, here is the list:

robert downey jr

chris evans

mark ruffalo

chris hemsworth

scarlett johansson

jeremy renner

don cheadle

paul rudd

benedict cumberbatch

brie larson