OU loses to Kansas hahaha

troph

On 10/28/2023 at 8:14 PM, Longboard Horn said:

I love college football. I hated the loss to Rice and then the first time Iowa State beat us. After a few days in both cases, I thought that you shouldn't have a regular opponent on the schedule that can't beat you every once in awhile. There was nothing to be done about the embarrassing losses, so wtf, I felt glad for them.

We Longhorns never have moments like the above. It's a great part of the game. Congrats to KU. OU sucks.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Homercles said:

Boy you’re just trying to piss off everyone aren’t ya?  The only scrub in the 4-game win streak was Cincy.  I’m the last person to have any confidence about Bedlam but…

image.jpeg.0ffb23c8c3d6f39f0cef4ecfbc335c6b.jpeg

They got to face KSU with Howard at QB, and not Johnson. I consider that a scrub, too. Howard is one of the worst QBs I've seen.

• Fuck You 5

3 minutes ago, kuobserver said:

Negative. He's committed as long as KU delivers the salary and facilities goods (Contracts for he and multiple assistants were renegotiated after last season, football complex was renovated this past offseason, and the rebuild of the west and north sides of Memorial Stadium will start at the end of this season).

And unlike at any time in my lifetime, our BMDs are ponying up - for him, his assistants, facilities, and NIL.

I get the assumption that he's gone given KU's history, but there's not been a time in my life when the wallets have opened up for the program like they have since his arrival. As long as that keeps happening (and it will), he stays.

What's the story with the original QB1 is his back that bad?  Someone on Inside Texas (not a mod) said he is sandbagging so he can redshirt this year and go elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

The only reason why you haven't been blocked is so I get a chance to neg your stupidity until your eventual crowd sourcing.

OkSt handily beat Kansas State as a 12 point dog.

Pulled out a win against Kansas as a 3 point dog

Solidly beat West Virginia on the road as a 3 point dog

Then handed Cincy its biggest margin of defeat this year by far as a 7-point favorite.

All this after losing 33-7 to a now 4-4 Sun Belt squad at home. They're easily playing like a top 4 team in this conference right now. OU has had issues against the run, they're coming off loss to Kansas, AND Stutsman may be out. This was gonna be an interesting game even if OU was decently healthy.

You can make a serious case that even a semi-healthy OU is the best team OSU has faced this year.

30 minutes ago, z009 said:

They got to face KSU with Howard at QB, and not Johnson. I consider that a scrub, too. Howard is one of the worst QBs I've seen.

You know Howard just led a 41-0 beatdown of UH, right? Johnson didn't do much of anything positive when that game was in doubt.

Howard certainly looked really good last year as well. He'll give Texas fits if we have to oversimplify to stop the QB run.

46 minutes ago, Soliver465 said:

What's the story with the original QB1 is his back that bad?  Someone on Inside Texas (not a mod) said he is sandbagging so he can redshirt this year and go elsewhere.

The people I trust near the program say it is his back, and as impactful of a player as he has been for us, given his injury history he may be made of glass.

• 2020 - Didn't finish the season due to injury (though, he should get a pass for this since KU was basically playing with a bad FCS offensive line).
  • 2021 - Plan was to redshirt him since KU was again playing with a bad FCS offensive line. But Jason Bean and Miles Kendrick both got hurt so they had to play Daniels against KSU. He was such an obvious improvement that Daniels, his parents, and Leipold got on a conference call and decided, go for it - play out the rest of the season (with the major result being the win over Texas).
  • 2022 - Injured vs. TCU and didn't play the rest of the regular season. Returned for the bowl game.
  • 2023 - Back injury in pre-season. Missed the opener, played three straight, now has missed four straight.
  • Hook 'Em 3

40 minutes ago, kuobserver said:

The people I trust near the program say it is his back, and as impactful of a player as he has been for us, given his injury history he may be made of glass.

• 2020 - Didn't finish the season due to injury (though, he should get a pass for this since KU was basically playing with a bad FCS offensive line).
  • 2021 - Plan was to redshirt him since KU was again playing with a bad FCS offensive line. But Jason Bean and Miles Kendrick both got hurt so they had to play Daniels against KSU. He was such an obvious improvement that Daniels, his parents, and Leipold got on a conference call and decided, go for it - play out the rest of the season (with the major result being the win over Texas).
  • 2022 - Injured vs. TCU and didn't play the rest of the regular season. Returned for the bowl game.
  • 2023 - Back injury in pre-season. Missed the opener, played three straight, now has missed four straight.

The rumor I heard that was floating around was that Daniels was going to sit out the rest of this year, preserve his redshirt, then transfer to Southern Cal and step in as QB there once Caleb Williams departs for the NFL after this year.  I think I heard that Daniels is from the Los Angeles area originally, but perhaps I am wrong about that.

1 hour ago, kuobserver said:

Yes. Given the relative financial importance of the two sports, there's an understanding that FB will outpace BB (Self's currently at ~$6MM).

That's cute. The homers here in CO are saying the same thing about Prime. 

At the end of the day Leipold is a competitor and will want to go someplace with a bigger spotlight and where he can contend for.  Might not be Ark or MSU this year, but when bigger openings come up it will be hard for him to say no. Like if Sark flames out this year and year 4, I could absolutely see Leipold in Austin. 

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

You know Howard just led a 41-0 beatdown of UH, right? Johnson didn't do much of anything positive when that game was in doubt.

Howard certainly looked really good last year as well. He'll give Texas fits if we have to oversimplify to stop the QB run.

the only thing surprising about the UH game is it wasn't worse, their fucking coach said last week was their Super Bowl  and it was an excruciating loss. Never in a million years were they going to show up at KSU.

3 hours ago, kuobserver said:

He played against us and KSU, which was after TCU.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Homercles said:

Who in this thread has said they aren’t?

Maybe they are and maybe they aren’t.

Kansas State has blown every team out - both at home and away - since we played them. I think they are pretty fucking good. And save me the “they got to play against Howard” nonsense. Howard is fucking good - we just confused him and shut down their running game (which we have done against everyone).

OU has played 3 true road games this year and looked shitty in all three - a dogfight with SMU (who is OK but still G5), a dogfight with Cincy (who sucks) and then a loss at KU.

Yes, I’m fully aware and expecting that they will play awesome against us on Saturday, but I’m just saying *at this point* one can make a valid argument that essentially dominating K-State isn’t a pretty impressive win.

(Yes I know the score doesn’t show that but that game was never in doubt. We were up 3 scores with like 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and then Gundy went into turtle mode)

Edited by oSuJeff97

10 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Maybe they are and maybe they aren’t.

Kansas State has blown every team out - both at home and away - since we played them. I think they are pretty fucking good. And save me the “they got to play against Howard” nonsense. Howard is fucking good - we just confused him and shut down their running game (which we have done against everyone).

OU has played 3 true road games this year and looked shitty in all three - a dogfight with SMU (who is OK but still G5), a dogfight with Cincy (who sucks) and then a loss at KU.

Yes, I’m fully aware and expecting that they will play awesome against us on Saturday, but I’m just saying *at this point* one can make a valid argument that essentially dominating K-State isn’t a pretty impressive win.

(Yes I know the score doesn’t show that but that game was never in doubt. We were up 3 scores with like 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and then Gundy went into turtle mode)

You lose credibility when you say stuff like OU played SMU as a true road game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Llewelyn Moss said:

You lose credibility when you say stuff like OU played SMU as a true road game. 

Ok yeah brain fart on my part. It doesn’t change the point being made. They have played like shit in their only two true road games. Happy now?

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

Is this her?  I’d be happy too

IMG_2573.jpeg.54bd7094ef3971ac0f93b8deb5392a63.jpeg

Goddamnit I told her not to post that one. 

• Hook 'Em 1