Week 9, 2023: Kansas State @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, Askew said:

"Steve Sarklostagain" is a powerful predictive force. He hasnt done so he wont do it. This is science. The media and experts have taken notice. 

It’s damn ironic that the guy you responded to is arguing for Texas to win it’s 8th game while also being the guy who makes sure we are reminded weekly that “sarklossian” is a 7 seven win kind of coach. Chefs kiss if you will. 

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

It’s damn ironic that the guy you responded to is arguing for Texas to win it’s 8th game while also being the guy who makes sure we are reminded weekly that “sarklossian” is a 7 seven win kind of coach. Chefs kiss if you will. 

You're so close. I don't think the dots will ever connect or anything, but it's fun to watch. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

No it’s not Murphy. 
it’s a big loss but I think it’s ok. If you were going to lose a sure fire nfl guy next year you’d probably want it to be at this spot because A) it can be schemed around and B) the guy playing is going to be pretty good. 
I didn’t get any more worried about this game based upon the guy that’s out. Maybe famous last words.  

Edited by Wulaw Horn

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No it’s not Murphy. 
it’s a big loss but I think it’s ok. If you were going to lose a sure fire nfl guy next year you’d probably want it to be at this spot because A) it can be schemed around and B) the guy playing is going to be pretty good. 
I didn’t get any more worried about this game based upon the guy that’s out. Maybe famous last words.  

So you know who's out but you won't say because you're worried KSU analysts might read this board?

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No it’s not Murphy. 

Worthy or Sanders

10 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

So you know who's out but you won't say because you're worried KSU analysts might read this board?

Guessing it is Sanders. Praying it isnt Worthy. That would be the biggest loss of the 3 mentioned 

Edited by Codaxx

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I would rather Worthy be out than Sanders. 

In a game where Texas needs to run the ball, you want the guy that struggles to block in and the guy that opposing defenses put a safety over the top of to be out? 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 2

Two podcasts I listen two had the following picks

CFB Enquirer (wetzel, forde, dessenger, producer) - Three of four picked KSU against the spread. (this is a great podcast in general btw)

ESPN gameday pod (Davis, Thamel, Stanford Steve) - One Texas, One KSU +4, one KSU straight up

If we do win this game, I hope these national types give us due credit considering so many expect us not to cover.

40 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No it’s not Murphy. 

Jones IMO with Cam Williams stepping in. Feel like the other guys who would somewhat qualify are already known to be dinged up or were mentioned by IT as key players in the same report as the injury stuff.

32 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

If it is Jones - Texas can mitigate that by playing the jumbo package with Agbo quite a bit and giving Cam Williams a little help on that right side.

Don't think it' a lock Williams is inserted if Jones is out.

Sounds like Conner may kick out to RT with Hutson going in at LG.

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Park Gothic said:

No- it’s because I like hearing things and don’t want my information source to be cut off. Look, I haven’t said anything more than already reported. All I’m saying is it’s not going to be game deciding I don’t think- don’t worry about it. 
If we don’t win this game it’s because Quinn is hurt- not this dude. 

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Don't think it' a lock Williams is inserted if Jones is out.

Sounds like Conner may kick out to RT with Hutson going in at LG.

That certainly wouldn’t be my preference, you know, if that’s the injury. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

I get why they wouldn’t want Campbell, Williams, and possibly Agbo all on the same side of the line at the same time. I don’t like it, but I can understand it. 
I think Conner, despite his physical limitations, generally knows where he is supposed to be blocking and can help communicate responsibilities to the other guys

There is a huge risk of whiffing blocks due to poor communication against 3 down looks. 

Edited by Atticus

20 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Mine either. But I think that is what is going to happen if Jones can't go.

18 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Seriously hadn’t considered that ever. Yuck. 

Hadn't thought about that either, but on OTF this morning someone asked if Hudson can play LG and Bobby said he hopes so (implying that he's going to play there either way).

• Hook 'Em 1

Honest question...

I have to work a shitass chess tournament tomorrow starting before the game and ending after it, and I'm not certain of the degree to which I'll be able to follow on my phone. 

This leaves the following options:

1:  Try to keep up on phone and miss a significant portion of a potential assbeating of KSU that would be extremely enjoyable to watch.

2.  Try to keep up on phone and miss a significant portion of a potential heartbreaking blow to our Big 12 title/playoff chances that would be pleasant to miss.

3.  Go phone silent, tell dad and friends not to text me, record the game, and watch the entirety of an extremely satisfying asswhuppin of KSU that will be awesome to watch that afternoon.

4.  Go phone silent, tell dad and friends not to text me, record the game, and watch the entirety of an extremely mortifying loss that makes me angry and ruins my weekend rather than enjoy time with the family.

Given the odds, the alleged presence of Kevin Dickfuck Mar, and the stakes, what would ya'll do? 

Edited by Darth Tron

32 minutes ago, Darth Tron said:

Honest question...

I have to work a shitass chess tournament tomorrow starting before the game and ending after it, and I'm not certain of the degree to which I'll be able to follow on my phone. 

This leaves the following options:

1:  Try to keep up on phone and miss a significant portion of a potential assbeating of KSU that would be extremely enjoyable to watch.

2.  Try to keep up on phone and miss a significant portion of a potential heartbreaking blow to our Big 12 title/playoff chances that would be pleasant to miss.

3.  Go phone silent, tell dad and friends not to text me, record the game, and watch the entirety of an extremely satisfying asswhuppin of KSU that will be awesome to watch that afternoon.

4.  Go phone silent, tell dad and friends not to text me, record the game, and watch the entirety of an extremely mortifying loss that makes me angry and ruins my weekend rather than enjoy time with the family.

Given the odds, the alleged presence of Kevin Dickfuck Mar, and the stakes, what would ya'll do? 

Games like this give me stress, so I am going for a long hike tomorrow, recording the game, keeping up with the score realtime, and then either watching with content satisfaction or burning the recording when I get home. Much less stressful for me. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5