THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Booger's prediction.

I'll take that all day.  We match up well against Michigan whereas Washington's passing game would be tough for our secondary to contain.

Next year's Texas @ Michigan would be a badass rematch too.

1 minute ago, gofuckyourself said:

If I hear that fucking "that ain't the same Alabama team" narrative again I'm going to murder someone.

It isn't the same Texas team either fuckers. Just maybe they're better too recently?

Only Alabama can improve, don't you know that?

I'd have more faith in the committee if they had bumped us up ahead of Oregon after we beat Tech last week, since Oregon only beat Tech by 8, but they kept us behind Oregon because Bo Nix is a quarterback.

At least Austin PBS is doing one of their fundraisers and has the Willie Nelson '84 Tokyo concert on.

• Haha 1

so we’ve had 2 weeks and a billions posts and now that all the games are done, we still have no fucking clue what’s going to happen?!?

My guess is:

UM

UW

FSU

UT

I don’t see the committee leaving the undefeated P5 champs out and I think the committee respects the h2h over Bama as well as how dominant we’ve looked the last 2 weeks.

1. Michigan

2. Washington

3. Florida State

4. Texas

I’m not sure the playoff committee has the balls to leave out an undefeated power 5 conference champion, but it would probably be better for the playoff ratings if they did, and I believe that might be an unspoken criteria in their decision making.  I mean, when it comes to eyeballs watching the playoff, Michigan v Bama and Washington v Texas is sexier than any scenario that includes Florida State, especially w/o their QB, and ratings matter to sponsors

Edited by Steelers Roll Left

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Don't tell Wilcox the troll. 

this woman has been on radio shows (XM) and podcasts saying UT would be left out if Bama beat UGA.. said she doesn't care what happened in September when a first year starter in his 2nd game lost and the committee will feel the same.  She even said that if FSU lost, UGA would be the 4 seed over UT

2 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

If I hear that fucking "that ain't the same Alabama team" narrative again I'm going to murder someone.

It isn't the same Texas team either fuckers. Just maybe they're better too recently?

Just last week Bama needed a 30 yard TD pass at the end to beat Auburn. It is hard to make a case that they have turned into this juggernaut since we beat them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, hook me said:

so we’ve had 2 weeks and a billions posts and now that all the games are done, we still have no fucking clue what’s going to happen?!?

My guess is:

UM

UW

FSU

UT

I don’t see the committee leaving the undefeated P5 champs out and I think the committee respects the h2h over Bama as well as how dominant we’ve looked the last 2 weeks.

This analysis is flawed because there's no accounting for Bo Nix's completion percentage.

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This is the national narrative from almost everyone. Between FSU and Bama. 

And these are ESPN's top headlines

• Tide beat UGA, then state CFP case: We belong
  • Smart: Georgia still among 'the best four teams'
  • FSU goes with freshman Glenn in ACC title game
  • TCU stuns G'town as officials can't overturn shot
  • Texas exits Big 12 with title, makes case for CFP
Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Honestly the committee has one of the easiest years with 3 undefeated teams and the 2 remaining power 5 teams having played each other.

Yeah, but you're talking logic, we're talking about college football.

And the CFP committee can fuck around this year and then say "oh, my bad, well we're going to 12 next year so no worries, it won't happen again!"

• Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Honestly the committee has one of the easiest years with 3 undefeated teams and the 2 remaining power 5 teams having played each other.

They keep saying it's really difficult this year...

The difficulty they are referring to is SEC not getting in. That's it. That's the only difficulty in figuring out this, and as you note there is ample reason and logic to do so. 

It's not difficult, just unique.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Dari is a sooner btw

which means if we’re left out shit will hit fans

Liucci is saying the same thing. That our H2H win over Bama should get us in. 

aggys and sooners even recognize the obvious here. That H2H over Bama should be the deciding factor when you're comparing similar resumes and that's an actual fucking criteria the committee prioritizes. 

• Hook 'Em 4

18 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

They should be excluded purely because of their tomahawk chop and cultural insensitivity. And they play in a terrible conference against bad competition.

I’m pretty sure they have the support of the Seminole nation.

Of course, this is according to my FSU friend.

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi

6 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

this woman has been on radio shows (XM) and podcasts saying UT would be left out if Bama beat UGA.. said she doesn't care what happened in September when a first year starter in his 2nd game lost and the committee will feel the same.  She even said that if FSU lost, UGA would be the 4 seed over UT

It’s a dumb chick, dismiss.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]