THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I can tell some of you are about to become SEC/Texas fans like a lot of aggies are with their school and conference. Fuck them, their conference was mid across the board. We essentially won two conferences this year. They deserved to be left out. I hope FSU beats the dog shit out of Georgia.

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

That circled column contains Liberty's opponents' records with the number above being Massey's rankings for each team:

image.png.8b97c7353c7694ecb5501d9c65ac6957.png

They literally had the worst SOS in the FBS.

Oregon is going to eat well that day. Although I wonder how many Ducks might sit this game out in prep for NFL? 

2 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

The Seminoles who play will be motivated bc they feel disrespected and have something to prove.

Good point though. We didn't get left out of anything, so FSU's mindset may be different than ours.

that will be the opt out bowl like most are now, at least next year there will be a few more games that matter.

• Hook 'Em 1

I am surprised they actually did it and left a 13-0 P5 champion out. As soon as you saw Texas at 3 you knew that would happen. If Texas is seeded over FSU, Alabama has to be. At least their logic was consistent - although honestly sticking to the present, FSU should honestly be way down the rankings.

I don’t know how I feel about it to be honest. There are obvious competitive issues leaving a 13-0 P5 team out in favor of a 12-1 team. It’s also probably true that Michigan or Washington would have beaten FSU soundly; but we don’t know that for sure. Between that and FSU passing two tests on backup QBs and I think I come down on the side of them deserving their shot, but I do understand why the committee went with Alabama. There’s an argument there beyond just “SECSECSEC.”

No clean, right answer on the fourth team with how the CCGs went, really.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

You dont think that was on Sarks mind when he had Ewers go right back out there or said Ewers Xrays came back negative... just in case to help avoid that injury perception, especially after losing Brooks...

This absolutely right here. He was quick to get Ewers back in and completely dismissive of Worthy’s injury. Sark playing 3D chess with the committee and not giving them any excuses.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I am surprised they actually did it and left a 13-0 P5 champion out. As soon as you saw Texas at 3 you knew that would happen. If Texas is seeded over FSU, Alabama has to be. At least their logic was consistent - although honestly sticking to the present, FSU should honestly be way down the rankings.

I don’t know how I feel about it to be honest. There are obvious competitive issues leaving a 13-0 P5 team out in favor of a 12-1 team. It’s also probably true that Michigan or Washington would have beaten FSU soundly; but we don’t know that for sure. Between that and FSU passing two tests on backup QBs and I think I come down on the side of them deserving their shot, but I do understand why the committee went with Alabama. There’s an argument there beyond just “SECSECSEC.”

No clean, right answer on the fourth team with how the CCGs went, really.

the ACC was awful. that said FSU passed with a C and a D+

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Rece Davis was quite vocal about if naysayers would be consistent about being upset with the committee if undefeated Liberty got left out. 

Then nothing about the committee being inconsistent by putting Liberty in. 

Imagine a 12 team playoff this year.  Liberty would also knock out OU at the 12th seed.  One year too late.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

[mention=3335]gmr548[/mention] told you 

I am consistently astounded by how dumb you are. I never said they cannot put Alabama and Texas in over FSU.

I said they cannot reasonably go Texas-FSU-Alabama 3-4-5 as you were suggesting because that makes no sense. You defer to the record and put 13-0 FSU and 3 and Texas at 4; or you consider FSU inferior without Travis and put Texas 3, Bama at 4. Lo and behold, they did the latter. Regardless of what I think of the choice I acknowledge their logic is consistent.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Rece Davis was quite vocal about if naysayers would be consistent about being upset with the committee if undefeated Liberty got left out. 

IMG_5710.png.631cd0c39839d9c871fdd6166d4f1db6.png

Liberty didn’t play a single P5 team and their QB is in the portal. What happened there, Boo?

Edited by Constant

Here was SMU outside of losing in Norman and FW:

38-14

69-0

34-16

31-10

55-0

69-10

36-31 (@Rice)

45-21

38-34 (@Memphis)

59-14

26-14 (@ ranked Tulane - AAC title game)

The best team that Liberty beat lost to fucking UMass at home. Honestly Auburn really fucked SMU over by putting that horseshit display on against NMSU that tricked people into thinking NMSU wasn't a bad G5 team like they are. They're fucking 91 in FPI. Liberty is 48 in FPI. SMU lost to FPI 8 and 28 on the road and beat 51, 53 and 83 all on the road as well.

Liberty edges SMU in sp+ (which, for the record, has tOSU, PSU and Oregon in the top 5) but the SoS paints a similar picture in terms of teams actually played.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

No fucking shock there. Can't dare to make the CFP selections look suspect. 

I still think Bama should have been the ones on the outside looking in and when the SECSECSEC choads like Finebaum whined about it the loss, at home, to a team that got in ahead of them can be thrown back in their face. Instead they took a "well actually the regular season doesn't mean shit, deal with it" approach against all logic.

Noticed that only OU from the B12 made a bowl so far, but Missouri, Ole Miss, Tenn and UGA are already out of the SEC pool.

This is going to make the bowls we are all most interested in, the Texas and Liberty bowls, that much more likely we finally get to see the A&M vs the old Big 12 matchup we are all been waiting for...

Still have OSU, Kansas, KSU, and TT out there waiting in the weeds for A&M

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Here’s the problem with the “four best teams” argument. 

If Georgia plays Washington tomorrow, who is favored?

If Georgia plays Michigan? 

Nobody can tell me that Georgia wouldn’t be favored in both of those games. 

But here we are.

I wouldn't favor Georgia against Michigan. I don't think it is a particularly amazing team this year. Teams that can keep up on the lines cause them all sorts of problems. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

FSU could end up being the lone undefeated team.  If that happens and they beat Ga. the AP will give them the title.

Ga may have some opt outs but it is quite possible FSU has none.  

If we don't win the title that would be an awesome scenario.

Did you watch FSU the last two games?  They are not winning.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, bullet said:

Well Phillips shouldn't have vetoed the 12 team playoff!  We would have had one if Phillips, Warren and Kliavcoff didn't stop the expansion for a year.

And each of those commissioners had a team in their conference that - until this weekend - were in the hunt for a CFP spot. Too bad, so sad. 

I don't have a screen shot (plus started the recording late) but thought it was funny/good omen at the start of ESPN's CFP show today, when they first talked with Herbie, the four helmets placed directly behind and on each side of him, was Michigan, UDub, Texas, and Bama. Florida St was on there also, but down below and to the left (his right). FSU first man/team out. 

Texas Fight Hook Em GIF by Texas Longhorns

1 hour ago, Ghost of Shag said:

But here we are.

Guess they should have played a respectable OOC schedule to have more ammo. That said, UGA did not look better than Wash Texas or Bama yesterday.

Edited by Alien Octopus
English Beat
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

But here we are.

non champs were eliminated.  Ohio State was eliminated also.  they might be top 4.  also, after the loss to Bama the lines would probably be pretty close.

I'm just glad the nightmare scenario happened to these dumbasses(and the universities) who protected the bowl system and didn't make this 8 teams 25 years ago.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

But here we are.

Point taken but Michigan would be favored over Georgia. They are #1 in most predictive analytics and power ratings.

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Bama is getting 2 points against Michigan, just beat UGA by 3, but you think UGA would be favored over Michigan? No way.

Totally get what you’re saying and I’m aware Alabama is currently a two point dog.

Let’s see where this line sits in a week. Anyone here think Michigan is going to beat Bama?

Edited by Ghost of Shag