maga vs the swifties (taylor's version)

henrygandorf

22 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm loving all the sudden outrage over Kelce's "disrespect" of the head coach.

Kelce makes more money than Reid.  That alone might offer some perspective on value.  Both are HOF locks, but an incredibly valuable player who is pissed he wasn't on the field for a pivotal bad play is not nearly so news-worthy as some want to make it out to be.  If he weren't dating Taylor Swift, nobody would have given a tinkers damn.  Just ridiculous.

A lot of NFL players have a problem with it, for valid reason

• Haha 3

Last night during the game the wife asked me what the score was and I responded "49s 19, Chiefs 16, Tay Tay sightings 3." 

At some point I asked my daughter who the orange haired chick in the booth with Tay Tay was, and got roasted for not knowing. Apparently she(?) is some rapper who's name I have already forgotten that was in Barbie. God, dad. 

• Haha 5

Just now, Helobious said:

Well, yeah....because AJ Brown is black. And the MAGAs would be out in force demanding that that mouthy, uppity player who didn't show the proper respect to his superior be used as an example/warning to other fellas who might not have the proper respect for their place in the order of things.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Tempers flare. It happens.

Chiefs won. No one cares. Get over it.

I suppose I’m supposed to know who AJ Brown is. I don’t. Maybe for him that’s true. For elite players, it’s not. Is that news?

A.J. Brown is one of the best WRs in the NFL.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Last night during the game the wife asked me what the score was and I responded "49s 19, Chiefs 16, Tay Tay sightings 3." 

At some point I asked my daughter who the orange haired chick in the booth with Tay Tay was, and got roasted for not knowing. Apparently she(?) is some rapper who's name I have already forgotten that was in Barbie. God, dad. 

That’s on you for giving a fuck about who-the-fuck-cares-who-any-of-those-people-are. 

4 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Ice Spice

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Tempers flare. It happens.

Chiefs won. No one cares. Get over it.

I suppose I’m supposed to know who AJ Brown is. I don’t. Maybe for him that’s true. For elite players, it’s not. Is that news?

Brown is literally one of the top receivers in football

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

There’s multiple NFL players in the comments saying they feel the same way. But I guess they’re own experiences and thoughts on it are wrong and @jimmyjazz is correct.

There are multiple NFL players saying they'd be kicked out of the league for bumping the head coach?

Kelce gave Reid and earful, Kelce had been systematically taken out of the game, after the earful Kelce gets the ball numerous times and the Cheifs come back to win. that's alpha male liberal power baby. deal wit it.

• Haha 6

I got on my FB for the first time in a couple of months to see the reactions from the small-town West Texas people I grew up with.

Pleasantly surprised. I'll start with this meme a guy posted.

image.thumb.png.6431df811efa447eeaf0a43841dc956d.png

Others:

• Some Guns Up by guys for Mahomes for the Tech connection.
  • A very liberal woman was concerned for Taylor, discussing how Kelce's sideline blow-up might be a red flag about him being an abuser.
  • Another woman pondered what Taylor was going to do last night to celebrate with another saying provocatively, "I know what I would be doing...hoping my bag is getting packed."
  • One made this comment: "Blake Lively’s hair is what we Gen X girls were trying to do in the ‘80s. We just got a little carried away. Thanks for understanding. We’re mostly ok now."
  • Another said "When you lose HULU and resort to SpongeBob!!! SpongeBob coming in clutch"
  • One had a photo of herself with a bedazzled cap with "87" and "KC" on it. The caption reads, "Let’s Go, Taylor’s Boyfriend’s Team!"
  • One guy said, "The halftime winning performer!! AKeys!!"
  • A gal posted a photo with Usher taking his shirt off and said, "Is was at that moment when I said….DAMN USHER!!!! Like I was out with my friends."
  • Another posed with his acoustic guitar in a Kelce jersey.
  • One posted a meme about "Jesus approving his weird foot commercial."
  • One guy sarcastically posted, "Looks like Taylor's team won, which will surprise no one who knows the truth about Taylor Swift and the government plan to use her for their agenda. That sentence will either make perfect sense to you or it will come across as sarcasm, depending on what you believe, and what you believe I believe."
  • A guy posted a cake his wife baked saying this "And once again the Chiefs prevail in the end, and with the cake."
  • My sister reposted a Texas Tech "From here, it's possible" caption with Mahomes celebrating.
  • One guy posted, "Harpo Marx gets all the chicks" with this photoshop.
  • Spoiler

image.thumb.png.cbb9f4f6cb7cdd8df1dfc370d5e1dea6.png

• The only negative one read, "CHIEFS #1 What a fkng disrespectful immature liberal man child."

All in all, the corner of West Texas where I grew up seemed pretty pleased with the outcome, but there's apparently a brewing controversy about a drag show being hosted at a local hang-out spot. Just the fact that this conservative small town of 25,000 is hosting one at all is a definite sign of progress.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

17 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don’t give a crap about Taylor Swift. I don’t like her music and I don’t think she’s particularly attractive or sexy. I don’t like the Chiefs. I like the city of San Francisco more than I like Kansas City and the niners have two former Buckeyes on the D line. I had every reason to want SF to win.

I was rooting for the Chiefs to get things going just because I wanted to see a competitive game. I was glad to see it go to OT. But I had no problem with the outcome just because of how stupid Trump and his MAGA base are and what a spineless, pathetic bunch of craven, power-hungry cultists the Republicans have become. Fuck all of them. They deserve the anger and frustration and angst. 

I will say, there is some guerrilla marketing genius to politicizing the super bowl.  If you are someone who benefits from America's discord, making the game about politics vs football got you way more attention and consideration than you would have gotten otherwise.

A 30 second ad to promote your brand or idea? $7 million.

Making everyone take sides in the Super Bowl culture war?  Priceless.

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

One made this comment: "Blake Lively’s hair is what we Gen X girls were trying to do in the ‘80s. We just got a little carried away. Thanks for understanding. We’re mostly ok now."

Obviously either a female or gay man, because everyone else was focused a little bit lower

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

imagine getting in tom landry's face like that.  

In an effort to make you feel old, he was retired before I was born so I've only seen him in highlights and have no idea how he would react to this.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Helobious said:

He wouldn't have been kicked out of the league, but if Jeff Fisher was his coach, his career with the Chief's would be over.

• Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Obviously either a female or gay man, because everyone else was focused a little bit lower

It was the chick from my second grade class I was briefly boyfriend/girlfriend with.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Goredho said:

He wouldn't have been kicked out of the league, but if Jeff Fisher was his coach, his career with the Chief's would be over.

Yeah but if Jeff Fisher was his coach then he'd be watching the Super Bowl after another successful 9-8 season.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, troph said:

Kelce gave Reid and earful, Kelce had been systematically taken out of the game, after the earful Kelce gets the ball numerous times and the Cheifs come back to win. that's alpha male liberal power baby. deal wit it.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Goredho said:

That depends on whether Fisher thinks a sideline rant is worse than a guy throwing shit in the stands.  Regardless, Jeff Fisher is a really bad example of what a smart, rational coach might do about a temper tantrum.

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

It was the chick from my second grade class I was briefly boyfriend/girlfriend with.

Damn, playa, you had a girlfriend in 2nd grade?  I was still eating mud behind the temporary buildings.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

Some players would get kicked out of game for yelling at the coach in the game. Established players with a relationship with the coach get some level of a pass. Coaches today are often more of a partner with the long term players. In some leagues, the players can get a coach replace if the coach doesn't fit the players.

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Damn, playa, you had a girlfriend in 2nd grade?  I was still eating mud behind the temporary buildings.

You know it, man. I even got one chick to marry me on the playground in kindergarten.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In some leagues, the players can get a coach replace if the coach doesn't fit the players.

The NBA is an obvious example.  I would surmise in part it's because an elite player is one of 5, not one of 22, so the elite guys have more leverage.

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I had 3 at the same time. Although one of them spent most of the time punching/pushing me and broke up with me at the start of recess, so I have somewhat mixed feelings about it. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I had to have a parent teacher conference in 1st grade because I kept putting my hand under my girlfriend's butt during story time. It's not my fault she liked it.

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Some players would get kicked out of game for yelling at the coach in the game. Established players with a relationship with the coach get some level of a pass. Coaches today are often more of a partner with the long term players. In some leagues, the players can get a coach replace if the coach doesn't fit the players.

So am I a MAGA-tard if I just wanted the 9ers to win because I’m sick of the chiefs, don’t like mahomes, don’t like Kelce or Swift, and like watching football games without seeing or hearing about someone watching from the press box every 10 seconds? From reading this thread I guess I am.

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I had 3 at the same time. Although one of them spent most of the time punching/pushing me and broke up with me at the start of recess, so I have somewhat mixed feelings about it. 

Dahobbs and his sweetie back in the day...

image.png.75e374e064ef8e0e4e5cd4067d3bab32.png

Edited by Kyrie Eleison
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

So am I a MAGA-tard if I just wanted the 9ers to win because I’m sick of the chiefs, don’t like mahomes, don’t like Kelce or Swift, and like watching football games without seeing or hearing about someone watching from the press box every 10 seconds? From reading this thread I guess I am.

Wut?

Just now, Helobious said:

Yeah, it's a tough diagnosis but one you'll learn to live with. Can I interest you in a nice "45" knife set for the low low price of $59.99? 

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You are a dipshit that posts crap, to troll and seek attention.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2