12-1 FUCK AROUND AND FIND OUT

immamac

7 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Another angle:

Jesus, Venables was being trampled that whole time, lol. Stay through the whole video, he doesn't come out of the smoke until the end and the team keeps looking back for him. Clearly, he causes the pile up at the very beginning. Hilarious.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, troph said:

Surely there’s some Kentucky hillbilly song I can play this week instead of learning their fight song? Country roads or something (which is awesome) but a Kentucky version? 

I don’t know your musical tastes, so I’ll give you two Kentuckians. Sturgill Simpson and billy Ray Cyrus.  You also got your Kentucky Headhunters. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t know your musical tastes, so I’ll give you two Kentuckians. Sturgill Simpson and billy Ray Cyrus.  You also got your Kentucky Headhunters. 

If sturgill is Kentucky then I’m a hillbilly through and through. Yee haw!! 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

Jesus, Venables was being trampled that whole time, lol. Stay through the whole video, he doesn't come out of the smoke until the end and the team keeps looking back for him. Clearly, he causes the pile up at the very beginning. Hilarious.

It's funny in hindsight knowing no one was hurt but that is terrifying. Venables or anyone else who got caught on the ground could have been really, seriously hurt.

• Prepare your anus 1

1 hour ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

The most interesting part is when someone asks where OU is on the list, and they're 76th. Meaning OU is one of the single most beneficial teams in all of sports from ref fuckery. Kinda puts into light their last several years in the big 12.

OU is upset because this is a new phenomena to them.  We have been on the receiving end of the fuckery for quite a bit longer and the statistics don't even really cover the full story with the spots and one-sided nature of the officiating.  CFN should break it down a bit further with the average opponent penalties and average when playing team X.  

20 hours ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

Probably gave him flashbacks to last October.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, gmr548 said:

It's funny in hindsight knowing no one was hurt but that is terrifying. Venables or anyone else who got caught on the ground could have been really, seriously hurt.

This is a typical Friday night for theses players/coaches.  Plausible deniability and all.  

13 hours ago, Nivek said:

OU is upset because this is a new phenomena to them.  We have been on the receiving end of the fuckery for quite a bit longer and the statistics don't even really cover the full story with the spots and one-sided nature of the officiating.  CFN should break it down a bit further with the average opponent penalties and average when playing team X.  

Yep. When the SEC deal was announced, I remember casual outsiders were all mouthing about how Texas would have a hard time adjusting to a conference they can't run over. Lol. Little do they know, OU is actually going to be the school adjusting to no special treatment; because nobody in the SEC gives a damn that they're the foil to Mean Ole Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 3

18 hours ago, gmr548 said:

The only thing funnier than those sister fuckers trampling their own coach running out of the tunnel would be if that stupid fucking wagon dumped over on his lifeless corpse at the end. And he somehow caught on fire.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

The only thing funnier than those sister fuckers trampling their own coach running out of the tunnel would be if that stupid fucking wagon dumped over on his lifeless corpse at the end. And he somehow caught on fire.

That ou pile up reminded me of this clusterfuck ... 2013 Pamplona Spain.  NO DEATHS!  Surprisingly.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

If Looaville is truly our only hope for getting in the CFB playoffs I have one piece of advice..

Visit Specs (or your fave neighborhood spirits slinger) well before Saturday and when you look at your cart and think "that should be enough"...grab a couple more bottles.

• Haha 5
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, ousux said:

If Looaville is truly our only hope for getting in the CFB playoffs I have one piece of advice..

Visit Specs (or your fave neighborhood spirits slinger) well before Saturday and when you look at your cart and think "that should be enough"...grab a couple more bottles.

I don't think "if" really has any other possibility, other than Iowa over Meatchicken 3-2. Otherwise, SEC champ is in, B1G champ is in, Pac12 champ is in, and the fourth spot is either ACC or XII champ. That has an unspoken premise that the idiots don't pick a second team from SEC, B1G or Pac12... which is not beyond the idiocies in previous seasons.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't think "if" really has any other possibility, other than Iowa over Meatchicken 3-2. Otherwise, SEC champ is in, B1G champ is in, Pac12 champ is in, and the fourth spot is either ACC or XII champ. That has an unspoken premise that the idiots don't pick a second team from SEC, B1G or Pac12... which is not beyond the idiocies in previous seasons.
Welp, it's off to a NY6 bowl where we have to hope whichever team we face has just as many if not more starters cheering from the sidelines while combine prepping.

4 minutes ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Welp, it's off to a NY6 bowl where we have to hope whichever team we face has just as many if not more starters cheering from the sidelines while combine prepping.

I'd guess that as XII champs we'd be in Cotton Bowl. Maybe Fiesta (or is that a CFP semi?). Hopefully contra tOSU or Pac12 2nd place. Doubt SEC would let a current member face us, but a Bama-Texas rematch might pull some weight.

Louisville could pull it off, though, so we've got a shot still.

I'd guess that as XII champs we'd be in Cotton Bowl. Maybe Fiesta (or is that a CFP semi?). Hopefully contra tOSU or Pac12 2nd place. Doubt SEC would let a current member face us, but a Bama-Texas rematch might pull some weight.
A year ago I couldn't imagine being pissed and disappointed in the Longhorns being banished to a NY6 bowl, yet here we are. I guess this is the last year NY6 has at least a little bit of prestige over the other bowls..so there's that I guess.

Plenty of playoffs to come. We already have the 4-team semi replacing two Bigass Bowls, so the expanded shit will claim another group - four games to get from 12 to 8, then four more games to go from 8 to 4, two more games to get from 4 to 2, and the Grand Finale to crown the survivor. So that's what, ten more "Bowl" games.

Not gonna be any lost games. You finish - oh, let's say 5th - and let's say you actually win it all... You start with already having played 13 games, then you play round 1 four games from 12 teams to 8, round 2 four more games from 8 to 4, round 3 two more games from 4 to 2, and the Grand Finale makes four games for a team rated 5-12 and you've played 17 games for the season. Finish 4 thru 1, and you get there with one fewer games, which seems like an unreasonable advantage just for being in the top 4 bikini winners. And... we're still in the Beauty Contest bidness other than the P5 P4, right?

All things bowly considered, we go from three games to thirteen. No bowls gonna shut down, just some bowls gonna have a little less say in who gets to play.

19 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Plenty of playoffs to come. We already have the 4-team semi replacing two Bigass Bowls, so the expanded shit will claim another group - four games to get from 12 to 8, then four more games to go from 8 to 4, two more games to get from 4 to 2, and the Grand Finale to crown the survivor. So that's what, ten more "Bowl" games.

Not gonna be any lost games. You finish - oh, let's say 5th - and let's say you actually win it all... You start with already having played 13 games, then you play round 1 four games from 12 teams to 8, round 2 four more games from 8 to 4, round 3 two more games from 4 to 2, and the Grand Finale makes four games for a team rated 5-12 and you've played 17 games for the season. Finish 4 thru 1, and you get there with one fewer games, which seems like an unreasonable advantage just for being in the top 4 bikini winners. And... we're still in the Beauty Contest bidness other than the P5 P4, right?

All things bowly considered, we go from three games to thirteen. No bowls gonna shut down, just some bowls gonna have a little less say in who gets to play.

1.jpg

2 hours ago, Tex Long said:

If it stays at 12 for any amount of time the B1G and SEC probably drop their CCG, because why have them if you’re going to have 4 teams in every year.  So your top 2 seeds can knock o e down?  They are both getting in anyways. 

5 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I have no hope for us making the CFP. 14-1, a Big 12 championship, and a major bowl win will do me juuuuuuuuuust fine.

One loss season, getting snubbed in the championship game selection, and then going on to win a major bowl game would be 2008 all over again. I’d take that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Eastwood said:

One loss season, getting snubbed in the championship game selection, and then going on to win a major bowl game would be 2008 all over again. I’d take that. 

Yeah, but all of the best players sitting it out makes that major bowl game  irrelevant.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ousux said:
8 hours ago, Tex Long said:

A year ago I couldn't imagine being pissed and disappointed in the Longhorns being banished to a NY6 bowl, yet here we are. I guess this is the last year NY6 has at least a little bit of prestige over the other bowls..so there's that I guess.

Don’t you think most of our best players who are either seniors or leaving for the draft will skip the bowl since it’s not in the playoff? Ewers will be throwing to Jerry Jones’ grandson. 

Edited by CTC2

Don’t you think most of our best players who are either seniors or leaving for the draft will skip the bowl since it’s not in the playoff?
Yes they will, just have to hope the other team has as many or more doing the same. Even though NY6 is more "prestigious" and gets more hype than the others, they are still irrelevant to the current season.

58 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

Don’t you think most of our best players who are either seniors or leaving for the draft will skip the bowl since it’s not in the playoff? Ewers will be throwing to Jerry Jones’ grandson. 

Did we have a lot sitting out the last time we played in the Sugar Bowl in NY6 non playoff game?

17 hours ago, texifornia said:

We literally need one game against a team with a backup QB to go our way.

This right here.  I don't understand why so many people think that a Florida State win is just a given.  They struggled against some teams that Louisville beat pretty handily, and that's with their all-world QB, and they needed some last minute luck to squeak out a win over Clemson.  Louisville beating FSU is not that far-fetched, and if that happens, and Texas takes care of business, I'm betting we're in.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, CTC2 said:

Next year the Cotton and Fiesta will both be BigAss Bowls, part of the thirteen playoff games. I expect that some locations may be used more than once, but I'm too lazy to go over the list of thirty-odd bowls and figure out which ones get re-used, if any.

11 hours ago, CTC2 said:

Yeah, but all of the best players sitting it out makes that major bowl game  irrelevant.  

10 hours ago, ousux said:
11 hours ago, CTC2 said:
Don’t you think most of our best players who are either seniors or leaving for the draft will skip the bowl since it’s not in the playoff?

Yes they will, just have to hope the other team has as many or more doing the same. Even though NY6 is more "prestigious" and gets more hype than the others, they are still irrelevant to the current season.

This will be one of the best things about the expanded playoffs.  Right now, outside of playoffs, bowls are pretty meaningless.

This will be one of the best things about the expanded playoffs.  Right now, outside of playoffs, bowls are pretty meaningless.
More meaningful post season games, but it knocks the once prestigious NY6 bowls into near the same irrelevance as all the others. I mean you could argue that's already the case since most teams playing NY6 bowls won't be full strength.

Having said that, bowl games outside the playoffs won't go away because it gives fans one last chance to see their team play, and also gives coaches extra practice time for some of the younger players who will become starters the following season.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to 12-1 FUCK AROUND AND FIND OUT
  • immamac unpinned this topic