12-1 FUCK AROUND AND FIND OUT

immamac

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

I’m pretty sure Texas has clinched the CCG but it’s not being widely reported like it usually would be. Is that a function of tie breakers being difficult to understand or is there a scenario where Texas still misses out?

If we lose to Tech, and ou wins, they would go due to the tie-breaker. We have the head to head against anyone else.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

10-1 baby…. Bring on raider rash.

a6f011d58012ebd097eaa7aa27d9979e.jpg

“TEN WIN STEVE”

Knight of the Central Time Zone!

3 hours ago, dec3169 said:

Hey - there is one more thing that needs celebrated...

ZERO more Fox games!

Except of course for our second game of the 2024 season. 

So 33% of our next 3 regular season games. 

Other than that…

🥸

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, CowboyFred said:

No guts no glory. This team gutted it out 

7 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Pussy ass bitches continue to be wrong. S’goooooo

7 hours ago, Levi said:

That’s a gutsy win..fuck yeah! Hook’em 🤘

7 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Adversity is our starter fluid.

Punch us in our face. I dare you.

I didn't feel well enough to join the fracas on the game thread yesterday as I had my own adversity.  But I did watch from beginning to end and the W made me feel better.  The multi quote above reflects my opinion as well.  This team has faced adversity and has become stronger and comfortable with it.  When the pressure is on this team performs and takes care of business.   As the 4th quarter started, I thought it's time for Sark to step on the gas.  IMO, he stayed with the gameplan, and our boys responded.  Our defense is just a meat grinder.  Those poor bastards got 9 yards rushing.  ISU (to their credit) did have over 300 in the air, big surprise there.  Right?  Baxter stepped up and ran well, almost as if he wants his job back.  Competition makes for improvement in my book.  Quinn looked as if the rust has been removed.  10 wins, damn right!  I have said in other game threads before and continue to stand by it, this team has some guts.  As a fan, sometimes we have to have 'em too.  Last thought, Fuck Tech and Hook 'Em. 

LC 3.jpg

butthead pretty cool.webp

• Hook 'Em 6

8 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I’m pretty sure Texas has clinched the CCG but it’s not being widely reported like it usually would be. Is that a function of tie breakers being difficult to understand or is there a scenario where Texas still misses out?

There is a post in another thread, I think the playoff scenario thread. Due to tie Breakers Texas needs one of four things to happen next week to clinch:

-Texas wins

-OSU loss

-OU loss

‐K St win

Any one of those four happens and we're in the championship.

29 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

There is a post in another thread, I think the playoff scenario thread. Due to tie Breakers Texas needs one of four things to happen next week to clinch:

-Texas wins

-OSU loss

-OU loss

‐K St win

Statesman says we’re in. So most likely we are out. 

http://Check out this article from Austin American-Statesman: Fit to be tied? Nah: Texas Longhorns can make the Big 12 title game with a win on Saturday https://www.statesman.com/story/sports/college/longhorns/football/2023/11/17/texas-longhorns-football-can-claim-spot-big-12-championship-game-vs-iowa-state-saturday/71623714007/

• Haha 6

If we lose to Tech, and ou wins, they would go due to the tie-breaker. We have the head to head against anyone else.

This. If we lose next week and OU wins, we’re out. OU would play against themselves in the conference championship game. 

But this would also involve ties with OSU and/or KSU and head to head isn’t applied between teams that didn’t all play one another. If both KSU and OSU lose then it would just be Texas and OU at 7-2.

-Texas wins
-OSU loss
-OU loss
‐K St win

Interesting. Hopefully it’s just the first one on Friday and the rest is moot
  • Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Interesting. Hopefully it’s just the first one on Friday and the rest is moot

OU plays at 11 on Friday, so we could clinch before the team even gets to the stadium. Hopefully Gabriel is out again for OU

Gus Johnson? Do you have CTE or something? He is terrible. Called a game yesterday and said it was “3-nil” going to commercial.
Yes, that goofy mofo who sometimes forgets which game he's calling. At least he brings energy and excitement to a game. I don't need my talking head to give hot takes and get everything perfect, just entertain without annoying.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to 11-1 GET IN THE MOTHER FUCKER - CFP EDITION
  • immamac changed the title to 12-1 FUCK AROUND AND FIND OUT
  • immamac pinned this topic
  • immamac unpinned this topic