12-1 FUCK AROUND AND FIND OUT

immamac

11 hours ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

I remember being fucking ecstatic after the comeback against Washington in the holiday bowl

Try being ecstatic when Texas ekes out a win over Pitt in the 1987 Bluebonnet Bowl.  I was skiing in Mammoth and I partied my ass off that night.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Try being ecstatic when Texas ekes out a win over Pitt in the 1987 Bluebonnet Bowl.  I was skiing in Mammoth and I partied my ass off that night.

On the plane to El Paso for the 1994 Sun Bowl, everybody was talking about that game and how awesome Tony Jones was that day and how much we wanted Texas to win another bowl game. Then Priest Holmes did his thing and we partied the whole way home.

I think Herman, with his assembly line of pointless bowl wins that signified nothing, killed my interest in Texas Bowl games.

• Hook 'Em 1

On the plane to El Paso for the 1994 Sun Bowl, everybody was talking about that game and how awesome Tony Jones was that day and how much we wanted Texas to win another bowl game. Then Priest Holmes did his thing and we partied the whole way home.
I think Herman, with his assembly line of pointless bowl wins that signified nothing, killed my interest in Texas Bowl games.

Did they take Bevo to that game? I have a picture with him that we got on vacation headed to a game about that time. Pretty sure it was for the Sun Bowl was what they said.

4 hours ago, coachherman'sgrill said:

That was a plain ol' mudhole stomping. And Bevo set the tone pre coin flip. Amazing 

It was perfect up until that "We're back!" thing was uttered and stuck to us like a dog turd from the wet grass on a lawnmower tire.  Oddly specific, I know.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, coachherman'sgrill said:

That was a plain ol' mudhole stomping. And Bevo set the tone pre coin flip. Amazing 

Yeah, but Jawja didn't want to be there, and was missing some key players, or so I heard.  (Never mind that we were missing some key players, too.)

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, dcbc said:

It was perfect up until that "We're back!" thing was uttered and stuck to us like a dog turd from the wet grass on a lawnmower tire.  Oddly specific, I know.  

at this point i’m like fuck it, sam shot his shot. can you imagine how all time epic that statement would be if we had gone on to win a title of some kind? didn’t work out in the end, but it was worth the gamble. when he said it? shhheeeiiitttt, i was all in. fun times. 

• Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

at this point i’m like fuck it, sam shot his shot. can you imagine how all time epic that statement would be if we had gone on to win a title of some kind? didn’t work out in the end, but it was worth the gamble. when he said it? shhheeeiiitttt, i was all in. fun times. 

I loved this from Sam and had they won the big xii against OU I think they win the NCG that year given the opportunity. Watching Bo Nix was a punch in the gut last night, imagining what the team could have been in Sark Year 1 with Sam instead of him going to the draft. That team would have been so fucking fun to watch vs the leaderless shitshow we got.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to 12-1 FUCK AROUND AND FIND OUT
I'm liking that they did win ugly but with a real decent as fuck performance. 
Every single one of the top teams have multiple ugly games this year, nobody gives a fuck as long as it's a win. In spite of allowing some points, we fucking mudholed today and Gundy and his boys know it.
  • Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, dcbc said:

Actually the “curse” wasn’t lifted until we got out of the big 12 and beat Bama. 

52D7EF4B-6B1D-42E6-B93F-DB92442FEA7B.jpeg

087DD0A5-2B58-4EFE-953E-E16BCCD66900.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

• immamac unpinned this topic