Movies I like to watch this time of year that maybe aren't Christmas movies, but . . .

Brandywine

This is the time of year we put up a thread like this, so let's get started. What movies, or series, do you like during this time of year, that possibly aren't your typical Christmas theme movies but maybe happen during the Christmas time of year?

- Young Sherlock Holmes

- Sneakers

- Three Days of the Condor

- The Apartment

- The Public

- Nobody's Fool (Paul Newman)

- Die Hard

Harry Potter

Chronic-cles of Narnia

Lord of the Rings trilogy

Game of Thrones (winter is coming)

Basically anything with fires roaring in the hearth, tankards of mead and ale, red wine flowing, feasts on the tables, etc.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 11/21/2023 at 12:39 AM, TexEx15 said:

Violent Night it’s a lot of fun.

This is a Christmas movie. It’s the redemptive story of Santa fulfilling a child’s wish to bring peace to their family. Santa dutifully secures peace in their household and everything works out for the family in the end. Just a real old-fashioned Christmas tale that everyone can relate to.

Yep, this is now firmly in the rotation with our kids, one movie a day.
My fiancee is a huge Harry Potter fan. She read all the books back in the day before the movies. I watched them all with her 3 years ago. I ended up enjoying it. Those aren't my type of movies. I'll most likely never watch them again but they weren't bad at all.