BYU @ Oklahoma State - ABC

Neonmoon

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

And it’s got a mullet on it

Good thing Ewers shaved his because we are coming for Gundy’s. But don’t underestimate that mullet…lots of experience in both winning and shitting the bed. Was hoping for an OU rematch but…let’s kick some Okie Lite ass while the Sooners sit at home and mope. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I think Oklahoma State is a very similar team to Texas Tech but with better WRs. 

You stop the run, get pressure, and this QB will turn the ball over. On offense, you spread them out and out athlete them. 

RB might be even better than Techs.

Just now, TX Wing Fan said:

best part about this this outcome is all the extra energy OSU had to expend for this win. While we got to rest starters for a whole quarter (not to mention an extra day of rest), they had to play OT

That shit is nothing. They ran 3 more series and stayed in the stadium an extra... 30 minutes. 

I swear some of you tickle me with your old man over analyzing of goofy shit. 

• Haha 2

I really don't understand people that think beating OU in the Big 12 championship game would have been a lot better for us. 

They would have been a 3 loss team with a couple bad losses. OU wasn't going to be a great win for us in the Big 12 championship game and they have the potential to give us more issues. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ousux said:
4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:
Only one thing could make this day better. If the Pirate was still with us.

I'll never not miss having him in CFB

It just sucks. His loss stings a lot. He made it so much fun. I miss him now more than ever. His record of making aggy cry. His talks to reporters and everyone after games 

IMG_1302.png

• Like 2

Just now, Pimphand said:

We will be playing the zebras too but we would have been anyways so if by style points you mean able to win yes haha

I mean we have the ability to stop Ollie Gordon and stomp their ass.  OU would make it more of a game.

36 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I really don't understand people that think beating OU in the Big 12 championship game would have been a lot better for us. 

They would have been a 3 loss team with a couple bad losses. OU wasn't going to be a great win for us in the Big 12 championship game and they have the potential to give us more issues. 

I mean, isn't Okie Lite a 3 loss team with a couple of bad losses too?  Beating OU in a rematch would've avenged our only loss and could've shown it was a fluke.  Also, the penalty disparity against Okie Lite will be about 12 penalties for 80 yards against us, versus 2 for 10 yards against Okie State.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, OU Sucks said:

I mean, isn't Okie Lite a 3 loss team with a couple of bad losses too?  Beating OU in a rematch would've avenged our only loss and could've shown it was a fluke.

Yes, but that’s the point. Neither would be great wins like an Alabama win. They’re both just decent wins. 

I would rather play the best match up which gives us the best chance of winning. 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So I’m thinking OSU winning pretty much guarantees that Mar and his crew officiate the Championship game

I believe the crew for the B12 title game will be a mix, meaning each position will be selected by the conference coordinator of officials. It wouldn’t be the same crew you were on for the entire year. 

Mar had the game last year so he shouldn’t have it this year

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Yes, but that’s the point. Neither would be great wins like an Alabama win. They’re both just decent wins. 

I would rather play the best match up which gives us the best chance of winning. 

I would rather play the game which makes voters think "okay, we can ignore Texas losing to OU earlier in the year because they just beat them convincingly in the rematch, and left Stutsman crying and begging for mercy".  But that's just me.

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Not saying it would have been "a lot better" to beat OU in the CCG instead of OSU, but it would have been better.  A victory over OU would have had the salutary effect of showing the selection committee that the one team that  managed to beat us this season is not, in fact, better than us, and it also would have felt great from a revenge standpoint. 

And Okie Lite is *already* a 3-loss team.  OU's losses certainly aren't worse than OSU losing to fucking South Alabama (!), ISU, and Central Florida.  Did you *see* that OSU-UCF game, for chrissakes?  At least OU was competitive in their two losses.  OSU looked like hammered dogshit when they lost to South Alabama and UCF.  

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'd rather get payback by beating the better team.  If we're worried about which team matches up better with us, then we shouldn't even be there in the first place.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

I would rather play the game which makes voters think "okay, we can ignore Texas losing to OU earlier in the year because they just beat them convincingly in the rematch, and left Stutsman crying and begging for mercy".  But that's just me.

That would have been the ideal scenario. The amount of fans scared to death of the rematch is something I don’t understand.

Edited by USNALonghorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, JBJ said:

I mean we have the ability to stop Ollie Gordon and stomp their ass.  OU would make it more of a game.

I don't disagree with this, but I still think Texas beats OU in a rematch.  It's unfortunate IMO that we won't be able to find out whether Texas was up to the task.

Whatever.  We couldn't control the opponent, so now that it's OSU, go out and stomp the shit out of them.  Get some payback for last year in Stillwater and see if we can sneak into the CFP.

13 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

I mean, isn't Okie Lite a 3 loss team with a couple of bad losses too?  Beating OU in a rematch would've avenged our only loss and could've shown it was a fluke.  Also, the penalty disparity against Okie Lite will be about 12 penalties for 80 yards against us, versus 2 for 10 yards against Okie State.

This. Too much 'weird' shit happens in any big game for Okie Lite, but fuck it. It don't make a shit. Fuck errbody, especially OSU.

• Hook 'Em 1

We are at the point in the season that no matter the opponent you gotta focus up and go out to wreck shop.  Stakes raise, pressure rises no matter who lines up across from you.  We've had a December loss to a Colorado team we kicked the shit out of 6 weeks earlier, a 2005 way closer than it should have been with a mediocre aggy, a close scrape with a middling Nebraska team with one dominant player in Suh, etc.   Every opponent is dangerous because the stakes are so damn high....so OSU, OU fuck it...just kick the shit out of somebody.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, USNALonghorn said:

Bullshit. Y’all see burnt orange and mutate into beasts. We’re 4-9 against y’all since 2010. Texas will need to play like Joey McGuire is your HC.

Counterpoint - we really sucked most of those 13 years.  It's us, not them.