2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

f he can't build a roster, he isn't going to be successful anywhere.  Following the GOAT is career suicide, IMHO.

If by suicide you mean 50-100 million contract at a blue blood program, yeah, sign me up. Not many will say no to that.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Sabalo said:

As Sark negotiates his extension, would it be legal for him to earmark a certain percentage of his salary to NIL? Say both parties agree $10 million is the price, can they add $2.5 million to the contract with the understanding that Sarkisian donates the extra $2.5 Million to TOF? @immamac @RGBIII

Coaches can't donate to NIL funding.

Pretty sure the setup you mentioned isn't allowed.

5 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

If by suicide you mean 50-100 million contract at a blue blood program, yeah, sign me up. Not many will say no to that.

You act like it's either $0 or $50-100 Million.

And I doubt he'd get a $100 million contract to go to Bama, but he might get $50 million by staying at UW.

15 minutes ago, Sabalo said:

As Sark negotiates his extension, would it be legal for him to earmark a certain percentage of his salary to NIL? Say both parties agree $10 million is the price, can they add $2.5 million to the contract with the understanding that Sarkisian donates the extra $2.5 Million to TOF? @immamac @RGBIII

Very illegal, would be the same as coaches paying players

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Coaches can't donate to NIL funding.

Pretty sure the setup you mentioned isn't allowed.

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Very illegal, would be the same as coaches paying players

Thanks

46 minutes ago, Sabalo said:

Earmark as in his contract? No. Can Loreal Sarkisian go to TexasOneFund.org and donate to just the football program herselfright now, or yesterday, and have a loose say in where that money goes? Eh......maybe. Probably better to make it anonymous or something though :)

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 4

54 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Was Deboer's DL coach at UW a guy he brought along from previous stops?  

Actually not. It’s Inoke Breckterfield - who has decent resume of his own.  But if Inoke goes to Bama, does it opens up Roach-to-UT? 

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Nansen sighting 

This can't be right. I was told by handwringing pussies on this website that Nansel had a shot glass surgically attached to the thumb and index finger of his left hand. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

You act like it's either $0 or $50-100 Million.

And I doubt he'd get a $100 million contract to go to Bama, but he might get $50 million by staying at UW.

He gonna get paid anyway, I know that, you know that, everybody knows that. Does he want to win it all? It appears so, that is why he would choose Bama over UW. Path to success is easier at Bama plain and simple.

22 minutes ago, MexHorn said:

Poor Huskies

No way that is true. They would surely just promote Grubb to HC before going with Kilff right? If not they deserve what is coming their way.

If I were Washington I am going and stealing Smith from Michigan St. That dude is a fantastic coach who has proven he can win against much better rosters for years (and without it being due to just one lucky break at QB or one set of players). I get it would be bad optics for a guy to leave after just a month but the Washington job is so much better than Michigan St you take the hit and do it imo. 

edit: he was Peteron's OC at Washington for that great run they had between '14 and '17 before he got the Oregon St HC job. For those who don't know who I am talking about. 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, satyanash said:

So Kwiatkowski is named here fwiw, though it feels like scattershooting random names

Texas defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski was the Huskies’ defensive coordinator from 2014 to ’20, helping the program reach the CFP in 2016. He’s a former Boise State player and coach with deep ties to Petersen. The 57-year-old played an integral role in the rebuild of the Texas defense and this year’s Big 12 championship and CFP run. The Longhorns finished 15th nationally in points allowed per game. Kwiatkowski knows the place, and he has coached at the highest level.

5 hours ago, Codaxx said:

I think he is a great coach, but I am not sure he is the type of guy that can organize NIL and build a recruiting machine to be a the top of the SEC. He maybe better off in the NFL or at a school like Washington. 

What the fuck are you talking about?  This guy has won everywhere he's been.  He took an 8 loss team that lost to fucking Montana to a National championship game in two years.  He's the guy I didn't Bama to hire, because he fucking wins.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Earmark as in his contract? No. Can Loreal Sarkisian go to TexasOneFund.org and donate to just the football program herselfright now, or yesterday, and have a loose say in where that money goes? Eh......maybe. Probably better to make it anonymous or something though :)

2 hours ago, murphysbackup said:

What the fuck are you talking about?  This guy has won everywhere he's been.  He took an 8 loss team that lost to fucking Montana to a National championship game in two years.  He's the guy I didn't Bama to hire, because he fucking wins.  

He has always won, but his UW roster was teetering on the edge of being very bad next year because his recruiting isn't good. He needs to build a staff around him with serious Southern recruiting chops. He's a smart guy, so he might make it happen. 

3 hours ago, satyanash said:

Leipold could work very very well in Seattle.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

He'll be able to recruit well at Bama.  He'll get the first year bump and have plenty of talent to coach, which is his strength.  His recruiting won't ever be an issue if he wins enough, early enough.  I don't really like him at Bama, but I hope it made all of those annoying as fuck Washington fans who invaded our board suicidally miserable.  They didn't get a national title out of their coveted coach and Heisman runner up QB.  Now they're looking at a rebuilding year with almost all of their important talent moving on.  Fuck 'em.  Shockingly, they were the most annoying fanbase who came here.  Their shit was unreadable, not clever, and unfunny as fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1