2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

2 hours ago, murphysbackup said:

What the fuck are you talking about?  This guy has won everywhere he's been.  He took an 8 loss team that lost to fucking Montana to a National championship game in two years.  He's the guy I didn't Bama to hire, because he fucking wins.  

Has he ever went out and recruited vs national powers? or had to build up an NIL? Being a coach at a school like Bama is much bigger, than coaching a team and X’s and O’s. Bill Snyder was one of the best football coaches ever, but I doubt he could have won a NC at a blue blood. Being an actual football coach is just a part of running a major program. There is long list of successful coaches, that failed at blue bloods

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

The guy Elko wanted to bring with him that texags vetoed

His protoge to boot.

I'll say it again: The guy was fine before TheElk left, then Durkin got there and started fucking with things, and Santucci sucked suddenly sucked they said. He goes to Duke and is good, A&M doesn't want him, he ends up going to GaTech as DC

But sure Aggies. He was the issue.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 1/7/2024 at 2:20 PM, Fondren & Main said:

Wine country aggy.  Playing for the title and still crying about big bad Texas.  Sad!

The absurd thing is that they're almost as big and bad as we are. I'm honestly kind of astounded they let DeBoer walk. I have ZERO doubt they could outbid Bama for him if they wanted to. I guess they just didn't feel like ponying up.

People forget: UW is a HUGE and prestigious state school with boatloads of money and wealthy alumni (WAY more than Bama) and they care about football a lot more than people think. Maybe DeBoer just wanted to try his hand at the SEC. Maybe he gave UW his number and they said "thanks but no thanks." Who knows? But UW has ZERO business complaining about any other school being a big, bad, mega rich meanie. Maybe they don't have our history but they're almost as rich and they can pull all the talent out of Cali they need to be a perennial contender while cherry picking the best players in the PNW. 

Edited by campcrunk
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 1/11/2024 at 11:51 AM, Bodacious Bevo said:

Criteria (in order): prestige/history, access to talent (location is biggest but not only factor), NIL capabilities, in-state competition (if access to talent is predicated on that)

Tier 1 (no particular order within tiers): Texas, Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, USC

Tier 2: A&M, Notre Dame, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Rutgers, Penn State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Penn State, Tennessee

Tier 3: Miami, Washington, Clemson, Nebraska, Michigan State

Notre Dame and Oklahoma are Tier 1.

Penn State is Tier 2, but only once. 

How is Rutgers Tier 2? It's not. 

If Miami and Nebraska are Tier 3, A&M is Tier 3.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Has he ever went out and recruited vs national powers? or had to build up an NIL? Being a coach at a school like Bama is much bigger, than coaching a team and X’s and O’s. Bill Snyder was one of the best football coaches ever, but I doubt he could have won a NC at a blue blood. Being an actual football coach is just a part of running a major program. There is long list of successful coaches, that failed at blue bloods

Being a coach at a school like Bama means to just win. And that’s what DeBoer did as a HC at Washington. He took his so-called “non-elite talent” and went 3-0 against Lanning & 2-0 against Sark. If Bama is smart they’ll just sit back and let DeBoer continue to do his thing. 

8 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Why is everyone questioning my inclusion of Rutgers in Tier 2!?

I can't think of any reason why you have them there, and to place them ahead of Nebraska and Miami is... Suspicious. 

4 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Brock Huard (I'm guessing he has good insight/info on the UW program) says he believes Deboer takes most of the staff with him, so could be something watch with Roach.

Bringing Shepherd to fill the vacant WR spot makes sense. He seems respected by DeBoer and held the associate head coach title at Washington.

Not sure who else on that staff would be ready for the bloodbaths in the SEC on the recruiting trail.

5 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Being a coach at a school like Bama means to just win. And that’s what DeBoer did as a HC at Washington. He took his so-called “non-elite talent” and went 3-0 against Lanning & 2-0 against Sark. If Bama is smart they’ll just sit back and let DeBoer continue to do his thing. 

Penix was real good. Does he have his next Penix? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Valid point, I get it.  Is he going to be Saban?  No one will ever be.  Bama is a blue blood, as long as you win, the recruits will come, we've seen that here.  The infrastructure is already in place and Saban is still an advisor.  What made Saban so special was his ability to game plan and develop talent, albeit 5 star talent.  That's DeBoer's talent too.  I know he's not Saban, but he's a winner and if that team stays in tact next year he'll do well, and the machine  keeps rolling.  If he loses Grubb, that will change things.  

Edited by murphysbackup

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Bringing Shepherd to fill the vacant WR spot makes sense. He seems respected by DeBoer and held the associate head coach title at Washington.

Not sure who else on that staff would be ready for the bloodbaths in the SEC on the recruiting trail.

Agree that Shepherd makes sense. 

Grubb and Chuck Morrell are guys that have  coached with DeBoer for a long, long time -- but not sure about their recruiting skills though.  William Inge sure seems like another glue guy that will come along to Bama.  

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

You just got Leanderman’d

Did it autocorrect Les Miles to the Ogre? 😉

He was just confused because on team trips, players were often heard yelling “Spank ‘er Orgeron! Spank ‘er!”

• Hook 'Em 1