2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

5 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

If the Ogre comes here you know Sark is gonna set that motherfucker loose on all kinds of talent in LA, and I'm here for it. Dude is a below average HC, but if I recall he's a bad dude as a position coach. 

Live and let live, but I’d prefer he be focused on recruiting football players.

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

Interesting. Not sure what to make of it exactly, but I don’t remember a lot of job candidates making posts like this before. 

These guys are kinda goofy, but that probably wouldn't read as crazy if homeboy turned his caps lock off.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Coach Grubb's tweet is very odd.  He might should have slept on that one for the night.

I don't think so. He wanted to be apart of the program as HC. He's letting his players know he would have stayed but dipped since the new HC likely would have cleaned house. I thought it was fine, but he should have had his rep proof read if anything.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Yep. Sounds like he expected to get the job, but they went in a different direction completely.

Grubb:  "“Though I wanted to be I will not be the next head coach at the University of Washington,” Grubb wrote in a note posted to social media. “It would have been a dream to stay here and fight to maintain the standard that had been reestablished. I showed up every day early and stayed late gladly to fight for my family…. and with tears in my eyes I know my last day in Husky Stadium has come.”

On 1/12/2024 at 11:41 PM, MrBig said:

Being a coach at a school like Bama means to just win. And that’s what DeBoer did as a HC at Washington. He took his so-called “non-elite talent” and went 3-0 against Lanning & 2-0 against Sark. If Bama is smart they’ll just sit back and let DeBoer continue to do his thing. 

• Haha 1

Grubb's post looks pretty straightforward to me.  He wanted to stay there and be the next HC at UW.  Their administration wanted to go in a different direction did not pursue him.  He is leaving to go to Bama as OC, not because he wanted to leave UW, but because he was not offered a job at UW. 

I thought their ex-players tweeting about Carroll as the next HC were just trolling.  I'm honestly surprised they haven't made a move to interview PK, or even another guy with PNW ties like Harsin. 

2 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

Grubb's post looks pretty straightforward to me.  He wanted to stay there and be the next HC at UW.  Their administration wanted to go in a different direction did not pursue him.  He is leaving to go to Bama as OC, not because he wanted to leave UW, but because he was not offered a job at UW. 

I thought their ex-players tweeting about Carroll as the next HC were just trolling.  I'm honestly surprised they haven't made a move to interview PK, or even another guy with PNW ties like Harsin. 

The sentiment was normal, the grammar and formatting was more of a mid-bender vibe. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

I don't know why anyone would want Harsin. He doesn't have a stellar track record. PK doesn't strike me as HC material either.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BornAndRaised said:

I don't think so. He wanted to be apart of the program as HC. He's letting his players know he would have stayed but dipped since the new HC likely would have cleaned house. I thought it was fine, but he should have had his rep proof read if anything.

He is definitely going to be apart of the program.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, Mother mopar said:

D. akina is coming back in an off-field role to Texas per Bobby.

Phew, I was really worried they were going to play him and, at his age, I just don’t think that’s a great idea.

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I was as vocally against him as a staff hire as it comes, but as an analyst hire this is ultra-gruntling.

After watching our secondary the last two seasons, I don't know really understand being upset about potentially bringing in Akina as a staff hire. At least our DBs would know how to turn their fucking heads and locate the ball. Anywho, as an analyst hire, this is a home run.  

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Surly posters right now:

giphy-downsized.gif.bd0a7fb24e79a5c0dd461bfb120ca393.gif

Defensivebacks, defensivebacks, defensivebacks, defensivebacks!

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

can an analyst teach our secondary coaches how to coach?  

I am sure Gideon will be glad to have a mentor in place. He only had one year of experience coaching safeties prior to joining Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1