Florida State can fuck off

BigOrange1

16 hours ago, TexArcher said:

They deserve to get sacrificed to Oregon or Ohio St on New Year's Day.

15 hours ago, Helobious said:

They’re going to the CFP. I hope they get slaughtered. 

15 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Yep. We’re done. 

14 hours ago, Helobious said:

lol. We’re not going.

14 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I you have 4 spots for 5 conference champions who in their right mind would want this one? 

ha ha simpsons GIF

Helobious'd.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Ultimately having a strong SEC team in the playoffs was more important to the committee than rewarding an undefeated team who would get slaughtered because their QB is done for the year.  I’d be pissed if I were them but the playoffs will be better for their exclusion.   No one needs to see the team that struggled to put away a completely hapless Louisville team get annihilated. 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Ultimately having a strong SEC team in the playoffs was more important to the committee than rewarding an undefeated team who would get slaughtered because their QB is done for the year.  I’d be pissed if I were them but the playoffs will be better for their exclusion.   No one needs to see the team that struggled to put away a completely hapless Louisville team get annihilated. 

I agree. That is why they have humans instead of computer rankings picking the teams. You have to account for the backup QB being so shitty.

I am sure it is not lost on FSU (and Clemson) they are hitched to a lower tier conference when compared to the SEC and Big 1G. The top 4 this year will be playing in the SEC and Big 1G next year. The power 5 is the power 2 next year. Clemson and FSU need their JP Morgan banker friends to scheme out a way to get them out of the ACC. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I feel bad for Nole players, they did everything they could possibly do. This was just a crazy season and some program was going to be pissed off no matter what. This is why they're going to 12, and hindsight shows it should have always been 12. (Or at least 8 which was my choice)

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, JGrayDBU said:

If Louisville isn't the worst conference championship participant in the entire history of championship games, I don't know who is?

Anybody? Bueller?

aggy 98?

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, G650 said:

I'm flabbergasted people keep saying this. They didn't even come close to doing everything they could

This doesn't make any sense. I get that style points count in a 4 team playoff, but the only teams that stayed within one score of them were Boston College, Clemson, and Miami. Every team in the top 4 has just as many close wins, and two have losses.

Correction: Michigan only played two one-score games, but one of them was to Maryland.

Edited by aggie08

I endured the FSU game instead of the B1G last night and just assumed the Michigan game must have been much better.  It might have been better, but pretty amazing that Michigan had less yards of offense last night (213) than FSU (219).  I haven't really watched Michigan this year, didn't realize playing football like that was still a thing.     

1 minute ago, blutow said:

I endured the FSU game instead of the B1G last night and just assumed the Michigan game must have been much better.  It might have been better, but pretty amazing that Michigan had less yards of offense last night (213) than FSU (219).  I haven't really watched Michigan this year, didn't realize playing football like that was still a thing.     

Both games were painful to watch. I fell certain the committee agreed and that played into them keeping FSU out. 

TLDR: ain’t nobody got time for that 

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This doesn't make any sense. I get that style points count in a 4 team playoff, but the only teams that stayed within one score of them were Boston College, Clemson, and Miami. Every team in the top 4 has just as many close wins, and two have losses.

Correction: Michigan only played two one-score games, but one of them was to Maryland.

Did you watch the ACC championship game?

Regardless, the fact of the matter is not a single team in history has every done everything they could have done. Language matters. By saying that you are making it a binary choice. The question is whether or not they have done enough, not if they have done everything. And they weren't close. With the games they played they needed 20 and 30 point wins consistently to make up the deficit. Instead they had a single yard of offense in the first quarter last night. It was horrifically bad and completely disqualifying

20 hours ago, Had Enough said:

I did not know until now that FSU played the 6 worst teams in the conference. Did not play any of the top 4 until tonight. And their highest finishing conference foe lost to Purdue, Marshall and Rutgers.

Their non conference foes lost to ACU, Tarleton and Mercer amongst others.

Duke was winning until their QB went out. Miami started a backup. UF played a backup QB.

They beat LSU.

That's mike drop material there. The Noles' SOS was in the 60's by most metrics.

4 minutes ago, G650 said:

Did you watch the ACC championship game?

Regardless, the fact of the matter is not a single team in history has every done everything they could have done. Language matters. By saying that you are making it a binary choice. The question is whether or not they have done enough, not if they have done everything. And they weren't close. With the games they played they needed 20 and 30 point wins consistently to make up the deficit. Instead they had a single yard of offense in the first quarter last night. It was horrifically bad and completely disqualifying

They beat the team that represents the SEC's best OoC win all season with a 3rd string true freshman quarterback and, despite the low score, it never felt in doubt.

I totally get that they HAD to win more convincingly to keep the SEC out of the playoff, but anybody realistically expecting that was being unfair. Not many teams have Arch Manning chilling in reserves.

12 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I totally get that they HAD to win more convincingly to keep the SEC out of the playoff, but anybody realistically expecting that was being unfair

I mean, I just have to disagree. I think it's completely fair and the only correct decision

• Hook 'Em 1

FSU has the argument that they went undefeated and won a P5 conference championship. 

If Bama would have gotten left out....they have no such argument.  UT beat them at home & gets in over them is all they need to know. 

Eye test is a subjective cop out, otherwise they shouldn't even play the games. 

1 minute ago, Doze said:

FSU has the argument that they went undefeated and won a P5 conference championship. 

If Bama would have gotten left out....they have no such argument.  UT beat them at home & gets in over them is all they need to know. 

Eye test is a subjective cop out, otherwise they shouldn't even play the games. 

FSU's SOR ranking was in the 50's or something. Texas, Bama, Georgia and everybody else was in the top 10.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

They beat the team that represents the SEC's best OoC win all season with a 3rd string true freshman quarterback and, despite the low score, it never felt in doubt.

I totally get that they HAD to win more convincingly to keep the SEC out of the playoff, but anybody realistically expecting that was being unfair. Not many teams have Arch Manning chilling in reserves.

Counter point:

IMG_2843.thumb.jpeg.ed802fa53bc0c5f9a917af0a665f1303.jpeg

This game occurred after Charlie’s boy beat the fuck out of Baylor QB room in the season finale.  Baylor played without quarterbacks Seth Russell, Stidham, Corey Coleman and 1000 yard back Shock Linwood.

Edited by Lhorn